What Are Your Summer "Hair" Plans

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
:sunshine:WOW ! Amazing Plans Ladies.:grin: I've learned so much from the things you all have shared. And it seems not two plans are quite the same.

That's what is so great about all of you Ladies. Either the products are slightly different, the technique, the overall Regimens. Some are even combining Weight Loss Efforts with their Hair Growth. Some are going to play it safe in Protective Styles all Summer Long...:beach:

Naturals are enjoying rocking their Fro's, Puffs, Twist-Outs, Braids, being all natural and stuff. Some are Big Chopping.....Some very interesting Hair Plans.:scratchch

I know it's 90+ here today, and it felt good to be "bunning" low mani and not really fooling around with hair much, just wash-n-go and condition. :look:

I can't wait until we check our progress as the weather begins to cool down. At the Rate we're Growing...............It should be amazing leading up to the Final Holidays of 2009 !:Flahsssss

taz007

My summer plans include the following:

Braidouts
Whole Head baggying at night
I plan to purchase a half wig and baggie under the wig
Exercise 5-6 days a week
Take the phyto vitamins along with all of my other vitamins
Take my Chorella and Egg shake faithfully.

I ... must... reach .... BSL .... by .... OCTOBER!!!! :wallbash:

Last edited:

sunnieb

Daily bunning
Up cowashing to 3x a week minimum (maybe!)
I also just bought my first ever bottle of clarifying shampoo today and I plan on using it at least 2x a month starting this week.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
just bought my first ever bottle of clarifying shampoo today and I plan on using it at least 2x a month starting this week.

What kind did you decide on??? :giggle: (Just Curious)

And what guided your decision to Clarify twice a month? (Also Curious) are you Swimming this Summer or are you using a lot of products that are causing "build up"

sunnieb

What kind did you decide on??? :giggle: (Just Curious)

And what guided your decision to Clarify twice a month? (Also Curious) are you Swimming this Summer or are you using a lot of products that are causing "build up"

Hi there!

I did a search of the old threads and decided to try the Suave Naturals daily clarifying shampoo. I don't swim or anything like that. It's just that since joining LHCF, I put more products in my hair and I want to prevent buildup.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
:bump: For Additional Summer Hair Plans............:bump:

For those we haven't heard from.

You've ALL been Great Ladies. Thank you all for sharing. I've learned alot on How to Survive the Heat, Look Fly and Gain a Coupla' Inches........all at the same time.:grin:

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I am in the C&G challenge so I will be in braids (still) but I will cowash 2x per week and dc 1 per week, baggie 3x per week.

When I am not in braids I will Henna 1 time and maybe hard core Aphogee about a month later right before I put my braids back in.

tkj25

My regime stays pretty much the same no matter the season. :yep: I no-poo once a week & moisturize daily, seal every other day. I wear mainly protective styles (yarn braids & twists). In fact I plan on keeping by hair braided up until at least Dec. (taking them down to redo every 2 months) I do tend to work out more in the summer, so i'm sure that helps with increased growth -- that & the heat :drunk::grin::drunk:

magviv

I currently shampoo and deep condition once a week. I plan on increasing that to poo and deep con once a week and co-washing once a week, bunning, and baggying from now until around mid-October.

RubyWoo

-Twists and twistouts
-shampoo and deep condition every 2 weeks
-moisturize daily
-Maybe a few rinses in the week since I'll be very active this summer.

brucebettye

I will go back to deep conditioning twice a week and just wearing my puffs. Also I am thinking about getting a phony pony puff so that I can hide my ends.

msa

I'll be be wearing my wig all summer, washing and conditioning my braids as needed. I'm focusing more on weightloss than hair.

Ugh, now I have to come up with a new plan since I don't want to wear wigs anymore.

Hmmm. I guess I'll use this summer to come up with some staple hairstyles. I've already got bantu knot outs. I wonder how I can wear my bantu knots to the gym without looking crazy?

I think I'll also try chunky twists. And, i really need to figure out how to do a good french roll.

Barbie83

Cowashing and wet bunning 2 or 3 mornings a week. Its sooooo hot out, and I love feeling fresh and clean and smelling like yummy conditioner all day.

Oh yeah, and stepping it up on the Mega-tek the nights before I co-wash!

prospurr4

I do the same thing year-round. However, my hair plans depend on how far I am into my texlax stretch, so I wear:

- from touchup to 1 week post: Rollerset, solely for the purpose of straightening for a length check. I don't really like wearing straight hair, :nono: so after I check my length, I'll wear updos or ponies for the rest of the week.
- from 1 week post to 5 weeks post: Twistout for 1 or 2 days, then twistout updos for the rest of the week.
- from 5 weeks post to 13/14 weeks post: Spiral sets until next touchup...I just love spiral sets.:yep:

Ronnieaj

I plan on perfecting my twists and twist-outs. I'm lurking in the twist for growth challenge, and I'm using a sulfur mix and MN for growth. I just got my MT, so I'll be using that once I'm done with the sulfur. Trying to get some good growth before my boyfriend's 30th b-day at the end of August.:grin:

SvelteVelvet

I just did my braids with kanekalon hair on Sunday and my goal is to keep them in all summer while touching up the perimeter of my hair ever few weeks then re-doing my whole hair in the fall and keeping them in for the remainder of the year. I'm hoping I'll reach mid-back or waist length by December. We'll see if I can keep it up. I think I will, I haven't worn braids in the longest and I'm already loving the low maintenance of it. I'm using Fantasia IC braid spray which not only smells great (IMO) but also has a sulfur complex in it so I'm hoping it helps grow out my hair. I'm also oiling my scalp with my Bee Mine serum and once that is gone I'm gonna order some BT (like the smell better and I really saw results when using BT).

I just BC'ed so I wanted to try more frequent cowashing and trying to find more natural products to use in my head. Anyone have any suggestions for a "natural" product to cowash with? I'm a 4b btw

msa

I just BC'ed so I wanted to try more frequent cowashing and trying to find more natural products to use in my head. Anyone have any suggestions for a "natural" product to cowash with? I'm a 4b btw

Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner. It can be used:
-as a cowash
-DC (by itself or use it as a base and add other stuff)
-moisturizer/leave-in
-in a moisturizing spritz
-to set styles (perfect for my bantu knot outs)

And it's the most "natural" conditioner I've found. The shipping from oyinhandmade.com takes a while though but curlmart.com is much faster.

Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner. It can be used:
-as a cowash
-DC (by itself or use it as a base and add other stuff)
-moisturizer/leave-in
-in a moisturizing spritz
-to set styles (perfect for my bantu knot outs)

And it's the most "natural" conditioner I've found. The shipping from oyinhandmade.com takes a while though but curlmart.com is much faster.
MSA, see this is why you are BOMB!! :grin:I'm going to check them out. That also made me remember that SheScentIt has a honey conditioner to that's perfect for cowashes. I've been wanting to try Oyin but completely forgot about the hh con :lick:

Mrs.Green

I have switched over to my summer regimen :yep:

I will be co-washing and bunning, pin ups and bantu knotting my way to Mid Back or Waist Length :look: all summer/fall. So my hair will be slathered in conditioner and Castor Oil :drunk: till Winter.