what coloring options do I have for my slightly damaged hair

bellezanegra826

Ok I know you all are screaming "none fool put the dye down and walk away slowly" but after trying to lighten my almost black hair to brown, I ended up with chucky Finster/ Kiesha Cole red hair. Now if I was a lighter skinned individual, then I would probably rock it, but I'm not the right color for this hair and I don't want to walk around looking like I have a stop sign on my head. I want to put like a semi permanent rinse on my hair but I have also been noticing a little breakage. It’s only a couple of strands but I don't want to make things too much worse. I was thinking that I would do a protein treatment to combat breakage. What I want to know is should I do the treatment before or after the rinse? Can I do a rinse and a protein treatment on the same day? The dye that I wanted to use was the Clairol’s beautiful collection gentle semi-permanent color in the B11W Honey Brown. Is this ok to be used on my hair or is there a better option (besides henna b/c I’ve already had a situation with that)? Also since my hair is bright, bright burn your eyes red, is there a certain type of brown that I should use that will cancel out any possible red undertones? I know that I should wait a little while but I have to wear my hair out in public on Saturday and I can’t be looking like Ronald McDonald.

toinette

Tricking the president
bellezanegra826 said:
Ok I know you all are screaming "none fool put the dye down and walk away slowly" but after trying to lighten my almost black hair to brown, I ended up with chucky Finster/ Kiesha Cole red hair. Now if I was a lighter skinned individual, then I would probably rock it, but I'm not the right color for this hair and I don't want to walk around looking like I have a stop sign on my head. I want to put like a semi permanent rinse on my hair but I have also been noticing a little breakage. It’s only a couple of strands but I don't want to make things too much worse. I was thinking that I would do a protein treatment to combat breakage. What I want to know is should I do the treatment before or after the rinse? Can I do a rinse and a protein treatment on the same day? The dye that I wanted to use was the Clairol’s beautiful collection gentle semi-permanent color in the B11W Honey Brown. Is this ok to be used on my hair or is there a better option (besides henna b/c I’ve already had a situation with that)? Also since my hair is bright, bright burn your eyes red, is there a certain type of brown that I should use that will cancel out any possible red undertones? I know that I should wait a little while but I have to wear my hair out in public on Saturday and I can’t be looking like Ronald McDonald.

i cant help with the specifics, but as for the hair dye, if your current shade is kind of brassy you might want to go with an ash brown shade.

nomoweavesfome

you are funny. Trust me when I first started with LCHF I had like 1/2 inch of blond tips that I semi permanantly covered bark brown. My doodoo brown colored hair looked so dry and ugly. I just HAD to dye it. I tried the henna crap and honestly, it did not work for me, so I put in the Bigen Black Dye and I LOVE it. My hair was severely damaged and cuticles was all dry and damaged. I needed the jet black in order for my hair to show some kind of shine, so I understand your logic behind the dye on damage hair. But black would be my ONLY suggestion.

nomoweavesfome

oh by the way, I believe the only color that cancels out red is green if I'm not mistaken - I'm not sure tho - you may want to try a google search on that. I'm trying to remember science from school like 15 years ago. but if you went back to black - be care ful of the ones with blues in them because your hair will be purple. I think for you , you need a dark to medium brown with reds in hem if you want to stay in the brown family.

bellezanegra826

Ok but you can't perm over bigen can you? I'm not going to perm anytime within the next two months but whenever I do, I don't want to have any overlap issues...your hair is beautiful by the way so whatever you did I need to do it too lol

nomoweavesfome

bellezanegra826 said:
colors that say warm would have red tones correct?

thanks - my hair is coming along well, but that is my new fly fall I'm sporting in the big pics. lol-

but to answer your question - yes warm tones should be red. You know there is a 1-800# you can call to speak to clairol color consultants. The # is on the back of the box I believe. lol

Now Back in the day my momma used to make me put bigen over a fresh perm because the bigen is no ammonia and is like so harsh free. I also did this Luckily, nothing ever happened, but now that I know better I wouldn't recommend this especially for damaged hair. I would wait at least two weeks with about 3 washes in between and PROTEIN, PROTEIN, PROTEIN.

What has saved my messed up hair has been Nexxus Emergencee EVERY POO AND DEEP CONDITIONER EVERY TIME. I can't stress this enough. It's already damaged and then coloring again is damaging it further. Whatever you do it's going to require some serious babying and paying close attention to your hair needs.

Kari107

Yes, green does eliminate red tones. I had my hair red serveral years back and when I wanted to go back to a more neutral shade of brown a beautician that works at a local BSS told me it was best to use a color with an ash base to eliminate the redish tone. You should go with the type of color you feel most comfortable with and that you think your hair can stand. If you think semi is your best option then go with that but theres also demi permanent which reaches a little deeper than semi.