What Did You Do To Your hair Today?: Daily Hair Regimens

MizaniMami

What did you do to your hair today? Include product names if you can.

Me,
I am on the GHLW challenge and no heat, so I am going the low manipulation route. Hence, all the sprays, but it's the best way to moisturize my hair without combing.

AM:
Sprayed with moisture concoction (humecto+water+oils)
Sealed with Wonder 8 Oil Mist
Sprayed ends with light water mist
Added Humecto, and sealed ends with Kemi Oyl

PM: (Same thing)
Sprayed with moisture concoction (humecto+water+oils)
Sealed with Wonder 8 Oil Mist
Sprayed ends with light water mist
Added Humecto, and sealed ends with Kemi Oyl, then added roller, and baggy!

What about you ladies???

sassyhair

Today was wash day.....but on a regular day....
am: add mositurizer and oil
apply banana clip
pm: spray hair with proclain and water mix
separate into two sections, top and bottom
apply moisturizer and scrunci
saturate ends add serum (silk elements)
add rollers on small sections

SparklingFlame

Normally wear twists and CW once or twice a week. Apply MTG replica 3x a week. Moisturize with Elasta QP Oil Recovery and Homemade leave in cond. That about sums it up! :)

shunta

Today I washed my hair in two braids with my Elucence MB shampoo in the shower. After I got out of the shower, I applied Elucence MB conditioner throughout my hair and also applied oil over the conditioner. After that, I sat under the dryer for about 15 minutes with a plastic cap. Got back in the shower and rinsed the conditioner out and then detangled with a wide tooth comb under the water. Stepped back out of the shower and towel dried hair, then applied Elucence MB conditioner again since it can be used as a leave in as well. Put my kemi oyl over the leave in and put a few large magnetic rollers in my hair and sat under the dryer for a few minutes. I got tired of sitting under the dryer so I airdried for the remainder of the day while I was on LHCF. I think Im addicted :grin:

sareca

I'm on C&G and APL in 2006.

It was wash day for me too and my hair was asking for more protein.

AM:
Poo'd w/ diluted garlic poo
Applied Aphogee Keratin Reconstructor (for the first time) waited 5 minutes and rinsed
Applied Aveda DR detangled and rinsed
Applied Salerm 21 B5
Applied Qhemet Amla & Olive Heavy
Sealed w/ Kemi
Airdried in a loose, braided bun
Gelled edges w/ IC gel w/ sparkle lights
Applied Moisture Manager to bangs, airdryed then maxiglided

PM:
Pincurl bangs
Tie scarf on edges

Tomorrow, I'll spray edges w/ water, add more gel, and tighten the bun.

Last edited:

Victorian

old head
Normally I like to do something "extra" on Satudays but I had to work today (just got back a few minutes ago -- the first thing I did was come here :lol: ). So it was a regular day for me. I washed my hair in the shower as usual with Druide Vitality Shampoo. Next I squeezed out some of the water so my hair wasn't soaking wet, and applied a bit of Druide Detangling Conditioner and worked it through. I left it on while I showered, then rinsed just before getting out of the shower.

I felt through my hair to make sure I didn't have any tangles, found a small one in the crown area, spent a couple minutes undoing it, then let my hair drip dry while I got dressed and stuff. Later I put a little jojoba oil (Vitamin Shoppe) on the front and brushed it back into a puff. Voila! My everyday wash and go puff regimen :yep:

Cheleigh

This is not my normal routine, but I used a new deep treatment and did my first phony pony(ies).

AM
*Did a deep treatment with a homemade recipe I took from another board: avocado, banana, coconut milk, honey, olive oil. Meant to say on for an hour, but ended up 4 because of a long phone call.
*CW with moisturizing conditioners (TJ Nourish, VO5 Champagne Kiss, Tigi Moisture Maniac) with Giovanni Direct and Tate Natural as leave-ins
* Added IC Fantasia thick & smooth to get hair into ponytail
* Added phony pony

PM
*Massaged scalp & hair with WGO.

tffy2004

I finished dusting my ends, applied some Grapeseed Oil to my ends and scalp and put my hair in a bun.

Usually on Saturdays I flat iron my hair. But I had some time last night and did it then.

tenderheaded

This morning I used Surge Woogee Creme, coconut oil and bunned it.
Tonight I'll use Silk Elements Breakage Control cream, pue emu oil on my scalp and use my massager for 16-20 minutes. I just started using the massager 7/15. It was originally intended to reduce cellulite on the thighs:ohwell:

Wishin4BSL

AM
Moisturized with Hydra TLC 24/7 and water (or poo and con if needed)
Sealed in moisture with Organics Olive and Clove Oil Therapy mixed with coconut oil
(no need to baggy! already done in the PM)
Put on pony or bun

PM
Take down baggy and rake comb over the length JUST A BIT
Put Mizani h2o nighttime treatment on hair in sections
Put mango butter on edges to smooth down
Tie and baggie ends
Tie down hair with satin scarf

Last edited:

camellia

I've gotten really lazy and simple and it works!;)

I've given up co-washing, and I wash my hair with shampoo every two or three days, deep conditonen afterwards and then apply leave in and avocado butter and put my hair up in a french twist.

I usually don't take it down until two or three days later when I wash again. If my hair starts to feel dry I mist it with plain water and smooth a tiny dab of hemp seed oil through.

I need to take some updated pictures. I think I'm just about at hip bone length when stretched.:D

Simple is good. :)

Mestiza

AM
  • Washed my hair around midnight
  • Breakthru Shampoo
  • White Rain Intensive Moisture Conditioner
  • S-Curl Spray
  • Amla Oil
Aidried hair while sleeping. Later, wore it in a Chinese Bun during the day.

PM
  • S-Curl Spray
  • Amla Oil

Last edited:

MizaniMami

camellia said:
I've gotten really lazy and simple and it works!;)

I've given up co-washing, and I wash my hair with shampoo every two or three days, deep conditonen afterwards and then apply leave in and avocado butter and put my hair up in a french twist.

I usually don't take it down until two or three days later when I wash again. If my hair starts to feel dry I mist it with plain water and smooth a tiny dab of hemp seed oil through.

I need to take some updated pictures. I think I'm just about at hip bone length when stretched.:D

Simple is good. :)

Yeah *chants* We want pics, we want pics!!:D I am in LOVE with your hair.

sassyhair

Today is a new day and since yesterday was wash day, I slept in my leave-in and oil with a plastic bag on my head....This is a miracle worker to anyone dealing with tangling in wet hair. I used silk elements leave-in and island oil and slept all night with it on my wet hair...soft and moisture city.

This afternoon I just got finished setting my hair on mesh and magnetic rollers.
After I take down the rollers I will let the curls sit and then finger comb, wrap and add silk elements serum and then unwrap and shake.
I will add pics later if it turns out right, this will be my third time, first time was perfect second time was a disaster!

natstar

Pre-poo treatment w/Suave Vanilla Conditioner & Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil

Poo w/Elucence Moisturizing poo

Deep conditioned w/Elucence conditioner (The BEST condish IMO)

Applied Oyin whipped shea butter to damp hair

Styled damp hair in medium sized twists for the week.

devin

I have freestyle braids right now. So i spray with African Pride braid spray and then spray with apricot kernel oil. I will get some s-curl and add that and also MTG twice a week.

bajanplums1

PM
add pure almond oil and if necessary elucence moisture balancing conditioner
rollerset

AM
wear in a loose bun.

MizaniMami

Well today was wash day.

I:

Shampooed: with keracare 1st Lather followed By KC Detangling

Deep Conditioned: with ORS Replenishing pak (it was on sale, so I HAD to get it)-not really feeling it, my hair is very hard.

Leave in: As of now I am deep conditioning my leave-in because ORS made my hair kinda hard-I'm using KC Humecto+what little bit od Aveda DR condish I have left+Kemi Oyl.

Style: In one big twist, and airdrying with silk scarf.

MizaniMami

sassyhair said:
I had the same experience with the replenishing pak

Glad to see I wasn't alone. Plus I HATE the small. Smells like orange-cream and relaxer! I think I want to try some of silk elements stuff next. I am out of conditioner and need new things to try while the others are coming. Which conditioner do you recommend?

~Nigeria~

Today I....

Sprayed hair with Dove Leave-in Replenish Mist (newest buy)
Applied quarter-sized amount of Essations Cream Shine to hair
Wrapped and applied satin scarf

frankie

I washed with Nexxus Therappe, mixed in a little baking soda to clarify my scalp...I did this in 3 sections (one in back and one on each side of my head) in the shower. After rinsing thoroughly I applied Queen Helene Cholesterol and detangled under the running water with my shower comb. After detangling I put more Cholesterol in my hair and clipped it up while I bathed. Rinsed out cholesterol and allowed wet hair to drip...no towel blotting. Sprayed my moisture mix (contains the following: Surge Plus 14, S Curl No Drip Activator, Surge Lotion Motion #9 Oil, Fantasia IC Hair Polisher, MSM, water...water being the main ingredient, everything else is just poured at random)...slathered in some Elasta QP Mango Butter, smoothed into a ponytail topped with a few drops of Fantasia IC Hair Polisher and wrapped hair in do-rag.

I plan to wash again on Wednesday that's why I didn't use any protein...which I'll be using on that day...it'll probably be Nexxus Keraphix or Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor (2 mins), followed by LUST (L'Oreal Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment).

I'm 20 weeks post so my hair stays in a bun throughout the week. I only comb while wet at this point. But, I will be blowing it out Wednesday for a special occasion.

MizaniMami

frankie said:
I washed with Nexxus Therappe, mixed in a little baking soda to clarify my scalp...I did this in 3 sections (one in back and one on each side of my head) in the shower. After rinsing thoroughly I applied Queen Helene Cholesterol and detangled under the running water with my shower comb. After detangling I put more Cholesterol in my hair and clipped it up while I bathed. Rinsed out cholesterol and allowed wet hair to drip...no towel blotting. Sprayed my moisture mix (contains the following: Surge Plus 14, S Curl No Drip Activator, Surge Lotion Motion #9 Oil, Fantasia IC Hair Polisher, MSM, water...water being the main ingredient, everything else is just poured at random)...slathered in some Elasta QP Mango Butter, smoothed into a ponytail topped with a few drops of Fantasia IC Hair Polisher and wrapped hair in do-rag.

I plan to wash again on Wednesday that's why I didn't use any protein...which I'll be using on that day...it'll probably be Nexxus Keraphix or Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor (2 mins), followed by LUST (L'Oreal Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment).

I'm 20 weeks post so my hair stays in a bun throughout the week. I only comb while wet at this point. But, I will be blowing it out Wednesday for a special occasion.

Hey Frankie!
How is the BSL challenge going??? I see you are 20 weeks whoa momma!

frankie

MizaniMami said:
Hey Frankie!

It's going...I finally stopped trimming in March, I was maintaining layers that I got last year with a haircut that I loved. Bra Strap doesn't look all that feasible at this point, but I refuse to give up! I meant to change that 20 to a 19...I recounted...it's a jungle up there at any rate...lol.

Your hair is looking lovely in your sig by the way!

MizaniMami

frankie said:
It's going...I finally stopped trimming in March, I was maintaining layers that I got last year with a haircut that I loved. Bra Strap doesn't look all that feasible at this point, but I refuse to give up! I meant to change that 20 to a 19...I recounted...it's a jungle up there at any rate...lol.

Your hair is looking lovely in your sig by the way!

Thanks sis. I'm trying to get like you and stretch that long one day. Anyways, good luck and hope to meet you at the BS.

Taya

MizaniMami said:
Hey Frankie!
Excuse me MizaniMami,but girl I had to tell you that your hair looks so healthy,long and a shine out this world, I know it has alot of body,and man I like those ends(they look sooo healthy,split free) . My last relaxer was in June and I'm trying to stretch til @ least October,so my hair has been in a ponytail bun(too much new growth to wear it down w/o blowdrying) but as I continue to look @ your pic in your sig,I'm wanting to retouch sooner. So I said all that to say OMG YOU GO GIRL!!! keep up the good work.

MizaniMami

Taya said:
Excuse me MizaniMami,but girl I had to tell you that your hair looks so healthy,long and a shine out this world, I know it has alot of body,and man I like those ends(they look sooo healthy,split free) . My last relaxer was in June and I'm trying to stretch til @ least October,so my hair has been in a ponytail bun(too much new growth to wear it down w/o blowdrying) but as I continue to look @ your pic in your sig,I'm wanting to retouch sooner. So I said all that to say OMG YOU GO GIRL!!! keep up the good work.

Thank you girl!!! You stay in that bun till October. I back in my bun too. Lol you can do it!