What do I do with my hair under a half wig?

*KP*

I recently bought a half wig to give me some variety with my protective styling. I leave the front 2-3 inches of my own hair out to blend but I don't know what to do with the covered part of my hair.

I can't wrap it and wear a wig cap because I can only wrap the whole of my head. I'm reluctant to cornrow it because I don't see myself wearing the half wig for several days in a row.

What do you girls do to protect you hair from rubbing up against the wig and keep it moisturized?

hothair

:lol: was going to suggest cornrows and a wig cap. Well I think you should do a simple twist bun and put on a wig cap

*KP*

:lol: was going to suggest cornrows and a wig cap. Well I think you should do a simple twist bun and put on a wig cap

And it won't make the back lumpy?

I don't wear a half wig...but I would assume that you could pincurl and baggy the covered section....

How do I baggy the covered section? I've seen it on the boards before but have no idea how to.

Thanks

NYRICAN1

I just bought one yesterday and I washed and dc my hair. This morning
I cornrowed my hair down and sprayed it with stasoffro mixed w/infusium 23
and put some coconut oil to seal in moisture. I then put on the
half wig. I am trying to use this as a protective style to stretch the
relaxer to 10 weeks. Any suggestions are welcome.

HERicane10

What might be easiest PLUS protect hair underneath is to section hair that will be underneath in 2 sections (top and bottom), moisturize, then place a plastic shower cap over back portion and secure top with a few bobby pins to ward off slippage THEN just slap that bad boy on and go! :grin: I'm wearing a full wig now and the baggies is a lil easier BUT I've done it both ways with great susscess AND no embarraasing moments! :look:

SelfStyled

I moisturize, seal w/ castor oil and then cross wrap the back- it works like a charm, and my hair stays moist.

mscocoface

You can put a conditioner bag on the back of your head with some leave in or a cheapie and do a baggie on the back of your head.

You can just put 4 big braids in the back and place a wig cap on the back of your head.

Check out my fotki for some ideas or if you need to see what I am talking about. I us 3/4 wigs a lot. for a protective style. You can see what I do with the front also.

PM me if you have any questions.

Luvmylife

Ah ok, that makes sense. I thought you meant a bun bun! I'll try this

I do a bun under mine :look: I moisturize, seal with castor oil and then bun, pinning the ends under with a hairpin. Cornrows probably would make my wig lay flatter, but I don't have the patience for it and I prefer being able to moisturize daily. I've tried a wig cap, but they slip off.

caribgirl

I agree with all of the above. I wear one everyday since July and will until Xmas and my hair is doing well. I moisturize with NTM and seal with EVOO. I put a low ponytail in a a baggy filled with EVOO and I secure it with a no slip ponytail holder. HTH