what do ya'll think of this routine

mirrormirror

what do ya\'ll think of this routine

Hey girls

Im really bored and with my usual routine of washing with Barry Fletcher moisturizing shampoo and then deep condition with Mizani moisturefuse every week, followed by a rollerset. Now dont get me wrong I get good results, but I desire a change. And I need a routine more convenient and less tedious.

Now this is about to be my new routine weekly- wash with Tigi treatment shampoo and condition using Tigi Instant conditioner for a few minutes -no deep condition. And then apply Brocato smoothing serum.

But instead of rollerseting, I am going to let my hair completely air-dry. And since I always wear my hair in a mid-high ponytail, I will only flat iron the ponytail part of it. So meaning, after my hair is air-dried , I will put my hair up in a ponytial and just flat iron the ponytail part (Im repeating myself). So what do ya'll think? Thanks in advance.

........I really cant wait to use my new serum interest Brocato smoothing serum. The ingredients are awesome-

cyclomethicone
dimethicone
octyl methoxycinnamate(sunscreen)
vitamin E
jojoba oil
fragrance

BTW....anybody here starting new hair routines?

Re: what do ya\'ll think of this routine

why not do a wet pony tail and roll the ends, just a suggestion

I think doing a wet ponytail and rollersetting the ends could be a good idea...to avoid heat.

I'm considering doing something similar. A wet ponytail as usual and then setting my length in spiral rods for some new variety.

<font color="brown"> The only "problem" with your routine that I can see is the fact that you plan to flat iron your ponytail once a week. Since the ponytail is essentially the length and ends of your hair, you will be flat ironing the oldest parts of your hair EVERY week. This can cause heat damage and dryness on the ends and you may end up needing trims far more often than you would if you did rollersets or air drying.

The method suggested (wet ponytail set) sounds like a much healthier alternative.

AngieK </font>

I agree with AngieK on this, you should probably do a roller set with the pony tail as opposed to using that flat iron. Now, if the roller set doesn't work, then I would smooth it out a little with the flat iron.

I'm thinking about doing a change also. I want to cut the dyed hair out and get layers only in the crown area and on the sides. My hair looks really healthy but it's just the ends with the streaks that's not healthy. I'm thinking of getting a new style to grow my hair out also.

I agree with the ladies.... airdrying is best
smile.gif

Also, keep in mind that if u roll the length while wet &amp; let it airdry, it's gonna take a while for the length to completely dry (of course depending on the length &amp; density of the hair).

If u wanna speed up the drying time, consider using flexi rods... this way ur hair is not wrapped around itself (overlapped), taking forever to dry. In fact, flexi's allow the entire length of the hair to be exposed to the air (not overlapped), thus speeding up the drying time.
cool.gif

Hairlove, Is "flexi rods" &amp; "spiral rods" the same thing?

Peachtree,

I'm not sure...I have some tiny "perm" rods that I can use to get spiral curls...but I am rolling my hair on top of hair...so it will take a while to dry.

I also have these spriral rollers that are grey and flexible. The width is the width of the curl. When I used these, I don't wrap my hair around each other but wrap it around the length of the roller...it's about 10 inches long. I am guessing these are really flexirods??
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="brown"> The only "problem" with your routine that I can see is the fact that you plan to flat iron your ponytail once a week. Since the ponytail is essentially the length and ends of your hair, you will be flat ironing the oldest parts of your hair EVERY week. This can cause heat damage and dryness on the ends and you may end up needing trims far more often than you would if you did rollersets or air drying.

The method suggested (wet ponytail set) sounds like a much healthier alternative.

AngieK </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree with this 100%!!
smile.gif

Well I didnt use the flat iron cause Im really hesistant about using it. So I just let ny hair air dry, and it came out really nice bouncy curls. Thanks for all the advice.

Back