• Bra Strap Length

Votes: 655 41.0%
  • Mid-Back Length

Votes: 314 19.6%
  • Tailbone Length

Votes: 59 3.7%

• Total voters

PureSilver

I'm positive i've posted in this thread already and i'm also sure my views have changed since. I'm voting MBL this time around since i'm so close to BSL and i feel like i barely have any hair on my head. MBL youtube videos still have me stalking :grin::grin:

Embyra

Depends on the thickness of the hair. Full, thick hair will appear longer than thin or fine hair. I think a thick apl is long for thick hair and a thin bsl is long for thin hair.

I agree with this my hair is thick and when I was relaxed it was always apl or longer and my hair was considered long

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I used to think BSL was the beginning of long hair and now that I have midback length hair I now believe it is armpit length. I now know that if I had relaxed or continuously straightened hair I would have stopped growing it out already. I would have felt comfortable rocking armpit length straightened hair while making the journey to bra strap and at that point I would have stopped growing it out. In the case of natural hair, while the length may seem shorter due to shrinkage the amount of care is the same if not more, and apl is when everything started taking twice as long. So while I do have an extreme length goal I believe that whether you are relaxed/straightened/natural apl is the beginning of/is long hair.

koolkittychick

I used to think MBL was long hair territory, but since I got to MBL by accident on my way to BSL (I didn't realize how low I actually wear my bra, go figure!), I now think WL is indisputably the start of long hair territory. Hairexia, it's a real thing. :lol:

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Long hair is when I don't have to bend, twist, flip, turn my whole arm just to reach the back of my hair... I guess that makes BSB/BSL

IMFOCSD

When this thread was first created I wasn't even SL and I chose APL, now that I'm APL my hair doesn't seem long.. so now I choose MBL.

Hyacinthe

BSL and longer. APL was once considered long for me but Im an inch or 2 away from that and my hair does not look long

Sent from galaxy S 2 using LHCF

GGsKin

I think full APL (from crown) is when I consider hair to be long on someone else. I have a long neck and a short torso. On me, I think long is 18". That length in the front should reach my boobs.

Caramel74

My hair is fine and basically all one length. When it is straight it looks long because basically I have no bangs or layers and it is APL. When it is just regular it doesn't look long at all. But it's healthy and that's all I really care about these days.

Aggie

Full APL looks long on me but I still consider thick BSL hair to be pretty long hair to me. If my hair never gets longer than that, I'll be just fine with that. Besides, I don't think I could manage it any longer than that and it's critical for me to be able to.

Last edited:

Daina

Full BSL is when I notice someone's hair so that's what I voted for. For me personally on my hair I won't consider it long until I get to MBL and beyond.

VictoriousBrownFlower

I used to think MBL was long hair territory, but since I got to MBL by accident on my way to BSL (I didn't realize how low I actually wear my bra, go figure!), I now think WL is indisputably the start of long hair territory. Hairexia, it's a real thing. :lol:

It indeed is. When I voted in 06 I thought apl was long. This thread was in the beginning of my journey so I wasn't affected by lhcf yet. I hadn't been anywhere near apl since I was a child, and had many doubts that I could actually make it there. My goal when I first started this journey was to make it to a layered bsl, but in my mind it was a pipe dream.

I don't know if it's because lhcf standards got to me, or because I've made it there and didn't see my hair as long but now mbl is the start of long. I was grazing wl before I bc'd and I look at the pic of my hair and think it looks short. I know it's hairexia because the first time I got to apl my hair looked longer to me. My goal length also went from bsl to hip/ tailbone length.

Janet'

From what I have heard (from the knowledgeable ladies on this board), the longest jump is from SL to BSL...so, I would agree with you that getting past SL is a struggle (especially for AA, non-LHCF members). Personally, I have been at shoulder length/clavicle length for 2 to 3 years, which is why I decided to reactivate and get on the ball...grow, grow, grow!

Let me preface my opinion by saying that where I live (ATL)...full MBL is DEFINITELY NOT an average...neither is BSL. So many young ladies here "fake it till they make it" and their weaved hair may be MBL, while their "real" hair is damaged and broken off (I realize that many ladies on this board use weave as a protective style- so I am certainly not talking about you ladies!)

:lachen::lachen::lachen: Too funny!!!!

I voted for BSL, however, when I honestly ponder the subject- I think that when I see a woman with full APL, healthy hair- I say to myself, "Self, she has pretty, long hair"...Because I have always had at least shoulder length hair, I do not see it as long (although many people have said to me that "dark skinned" black girls don't generally have that :nono: Whatever!!!! BSL hair to me would be undeniably long (given that it is healthy-because I will take health over length any day).

Sooooo.....this was me...in 2010...I really feel the same in 2016...except, I would say for me- since I am 5'71/2"- MBL would be considered truly long...