Votes: 655 41.0%
  • Mid-Back Length

Votes: 314 19.6%
  • Tailbone Length

Votes: 59 3.7%

• Total voters

Monaleezza

APL is long and anything beyond.

I say this because shoulder length hair is the length where we used to say to our peers, "Isn't her hair long?!"

Now, I'm passed that length with plans to grow it longer, I still appreciate women who have managed to break past the standard SL.

naija24

I did already post in this thread? My memory is shot.

But I think past APL is long. Most women don't have hair down to their waist and beyond anymore.

Short = Above Shoulder Length
Medium = SL to APL
Long = More than APL

mamaline

I think anything above SL is short. SL-APL is medium length. Full APL or BSB and beyond I consider long.

Evolving78

APL is long and anything beyond.

I say this because shoulder length hair is the length where we used to say to our peers, "Isn't her hair long?!"

Now, I'm passed that length with plans to grow it longer, I still appreciate women who have managed to break past the standard SL.

Apl in real life is long.

ckisland

I voted BSL, because APL has always seemed medium length to me, and because it's rare to see a black women with BSL or longer everywhere I've lived. Living in Gwinett, I've seen way more long haired black women than ever before, yet most are Guyanian, Trinis, or Dominicians. I could count on one hand how many BSL, "regular" black Americans I've seen, but APL has become so much more common :yep:.

Honestly, I think that WL is a officially long across all races and ethnicities. 'Cause if you're rolling through an area where people commonly hair hair to their hips and beyond, your BSL hair is going to seem real mediocre. I know this from personal experience :lachen:.

Last edited:

LuciaAbigail

I voted BSL. All of my non-black girlfriends would define that as officially "long." Most of them wouldn't dare go to waist, hip, classic, knee or whatever - it's sooo much hair to take care of! And the few that have had hair longer than that past their early 20s have all cut if off. But to each his own :)

pinkpanther23

Before I would have said APL but now that I'm almost there my hair doesn't seem long at all so I'm saying BSL. I may also be changing my ultimate hair goal from APL to BSL as well...

JessieLeleB

Full APL and longer since most my friends stay at SL and I can't remember the last time I was APL, had to be when my mom still did my hair in the 90s and I was pressed not permed lol

felic1

I think BSL or MBL is long. I am between SL and APL. I am not grateful enough that it is as long as it is.

Attachments

• 20130717_162316-1.jpg
    20130717_162316-1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 31

spacetygrss

BSB and longer is long. It seems that few women allow their hair to grow much past that now days, regardless of race/ethinicity. APL to BSL is medium. Shorter than full APL is short.

Mistycat

Depends on the thickness of the hair. Full, thick hair will appear longer than thin or fine hair. I think a thick apl is long for thick hair and a thin bsl is long for thin hair.

SingBrina

I know this topic has been done before in the past, but I did a search and could NOT find the thread anywhere! So i figured it was time for an updated poll!

When you see hair on this forum, and when you see ladies in the street, at what length do you officially say "That woman has long hair"?

I would have to say that I "officially" consider hair long when it is Mid-Back length. However, I have some exceptions: I think it depends on hair texture. For ladies who have thicker/fuller heads of hair, BSL looks very long. But for those who are fine-haired (like myself) BSL doesnt look as long.... and i see it as long once its Mid-Back.

Also, the amount of hair touching this point makes a difference. If your hair grows in a V-shape and only the tip of the V is touching the top of your bra, I dont consider that BSL, and thus I dont consider it "long."

What about you....? And why?

**EDIT** That last poll choice should be Waist Length. I totally forgot about that one and skipped straight to Tailbone. If your answer is WL then please vote Tailbone Length instead.

Totally agree

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I am pretty positive I voted already and knowing myself, I probably chose MBL. Now that I am MBL, I suffer from hairexia and say WL.

BonBon

APL on a shorter woman, BSL on a taller woman.

I consider those lengths the start of long hair.

rawsilk

I have done all lengths before even after major setbacks. Only length I haven't done is tailbone. From what I have seen here and on Youtube, it's just a matter of care, commitment and patience -- hair type is pretty irrelevant if you treat your hair like the precious gift that it is.

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
I'm BSL but I don't consider myself having long hair because the all my strands aren't BSL.

You can have WL hair but if it's thin as a pencil I don't think it's long... Thin long hair is a no go for me. Thick even hair APL or longer is long hair. IMO