What do you consider low heat?

dicapr

I was just wondering what you ladies consider low heat. I feel that I have started a low heat regimen because after washing and conditioning I air dry my wet wrap about 50 percent and dry the rest of the way under a bonnet dryer under the low setting. What do you consider low heat?

MizaniMami

dicapr said:
I was just wondering what you ladies consider low heat. I feel that I have started a low heat regimen because after washing and conditioning I air dry my wet wrap about 50 percent and dry the rest of the way under a bonnet dryer under the low setting. What do you consider low heat?

Good question, for me I consider these things low heat:

Using direct heat (flat ironing or blowdrying) no more than twice in 3 mos.

LovelyLionessa

I consider low heat to be when you use a low heat setting and the least number of heat styling appliances possible. I airdry, and then flat iron on setting 1 just from my roots to mid-shaft, careful to avoid my ends. This is what I consider to be a low heat regimen, at least for me personally. :look:

KhandiB

Low Heat IMPO is either flat ironing, curling or blowdrying at the MOST 4 times a month...
or
any kind of setting, roller, braidouts, bantu knot sets under hair dryer

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I consider low heat to be only using direct heat once a week. Also, indirect heat is low heat to me.

Miamori

(The lowest heat settings and amount of heat that still allow you to style your hair and have it look good, but without beating your hair up.)

"Low heat" is and will be different for everyone. It completely depends on your texture, whether your hair is fine/density, its level of resistance, etc.