what do you consider too much breakage?

nodisrespect

i know the obvious answer is "any". but hear me out first. during my bad hair care days when i was pretty much flatironing on a daily basis, it was not at all unusual to me to have a sink full of broken off hairs. i would swipe my fingers through the bowl and collect them all and flush them in the toilet, and wipe off the counter with a towel. i would brush off the back of my shirt to get rid of the hairs and pick them off the front.

now, i may get three or four hairs in the bowl and a few on the rim but i dont have to worry about getting broken hair on my clothes anymore. if i comb my hair, a few broken pieces will drop down on their own. but i dont really consider that to be a lot knowing how much my hair would be all over the place before. so im thinking maybe i am not as concerned as i should be with the amount of breakage im getting just because its less than the huge amount it used to be. like (possibly incongruent analogy alert) im ok poisoning myself with smaller amounts because im not getting AS SICK as i would with a stronger poison. i cant really guage by hair-in-the-comb because i only use a wide tooth comb and i only get hair in it when im combing through wet hair.

well, what do you guys think?

Simply_Kelz

Some of the people with the nicest hair still get the occasional broken strands. It's not always an unhealthy hair thing, maybe just a matter of roughness or manipulation. I wouldn't really worry about it if I were you. I may get one strand, if wearing my hair straight but that's rare so, whatever.

TexturedTresses

i was reading an article that sistaslick had about this earlier on associated content. she said that a few broken strands are no big deal. however, when you see like 9 or 10 then you have to start wondering what caused it and attempt to treat it. hope that helps.

SEMO

I would be more concerned if you were getting breakage over and over in the same area (making your hair uneven). Your hair sounds fine to me.