What do you do for short, broken edges?

asubeauty

I've read several threads and tips about thinning edges or napes, but what do you do when your edges are just short? When I put my hair back in a bun, they stick out, and I worry that bunning just makes it worse.

I don't really brush my edges anymore because if this, I just put mango butter and Elasta QP Glaze on them, run a comb over them, and smooth them with my hand and hold them in place with a headband.

I think it may have resulted from wearing my part in the same place because it's worse on the left side, and I wore a left part for about 5 years. :ohwell:

ashmack

bump... I'm having this exact same problem. I notice that all the shorter pieces of my hair are on the top and on the sides.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Don't relax them edges. Leave the creamy crack alone! Also, keep it moisturized and YES absolutely no tension on those areas. Maybe rub some growth formula type grease too.

wheezy807

*Bre~Bre* said:
Don't relax them edges. Leave the creamy crack alone! Also, keep it moisturized and YES absolutely no tension on those areas. Maybe rub some growth formula type grease too.

I agree. Just keep it moisturized so you will be able to retain length. Soon your edges will grow out. And make sure there's no tension, tight hair holders, braids, scarves, etc...HTH

Junonia

I agree with everyone else about moisture and also keep that satin/silk scarf on at night. Sleep on satin pillowcases in case the scarf fall off at night.

morehairplease

wheezy807 said:
I agree. Just keep it moisturized so you will be able to retain length. Soon your edges will grow out. And make sure there's no tension, tight hair holders, braids, scarves, etc...HTH

ladies thanks for the tips....I needed them all!

Neish222

I agree.... moisturize it and no tension. If your wear braids or buns I would use a firm but not at all tight hold.

asubeauty

Ineedhair said:
I agree with everyone else about moisture and also keep that satin/silk scarf on at night. Sleep on satin pillowcases in case the scarf fall off at night.

My scarf ALWAYS falls off at night. I try to bun and tie it up, but it never works.

I think that I'm going to have to just let my edges pop and wave and not try to hold them down at all. :lol:

rdm

I have the same problem. Mine came from years of wrapping my hair in the same direction.