What Do You Eat and Drink Daily For Healthy Hair?

shunta

Lavendar said:
This typical day helped me lose 45 lbs in about 6-7 months:

Exercise - 1 hour early am (between 5-7); drink water (Walk Away the Pounds 4-mile walk - I love this!)

Protein shake - I now drink Jay Robb vanilla (8 oz light vanilla soy milk, 1.5 scoops protein, 3/4 dropper of organic vanilla extract, crush ice to snow cone consistency, blend until thick like milk shake w/stick blender)

Breakfast - two whole eggs (Egglands Best w/Omega 3) boiled or scrambled using Pam (sometimes 1 egg with 1/2 egg substitute) (also sometimes I add chopped onions, red pepper, green pepper, and mushrooms)
2 or 3 slices turkey bacon
half apple or pear

Drink water or light cranberry juice (Oceanspray) I never drink with meals and wait at least 30 minutes after to start drinking; fruit herb teas w/splenda

Lunch - usually leftovers from the night before and small salad or sometimes tuna or salmon salad with salad

Dinner - Protein (meat, except pork), two vegetables-usually a green vegetable with mashed cauliflower (add a little fat-free half-n-half and 2% reduced fat cheddar cheese to make fake mashed potatoes-great!) and a small salad (with sprinkle of blue cheese, dried cranberries, walnuts, and light raspberry and walnut dressing)

Friday is pizza night for the kids - I never have more than 2 small slices, but sometimes 1 with a salad

If I do snack, it would be fresh fruit, fresh apple/carrot juice made in juicer (really filling), or nuts/dried fruit mix

Brown rice with dinner rarely (really rare), Barilla plus pasta with tomato/meat sauce occasionally to mix things up a bit, I try a lot of low-carb low-fat recipes from books I have. I really try to keep the carbs low and the fat somewhat low. Low-carb crockpot recipes with chicken/fish/beef, fresh veggies, broth, etc. are great for busy women/mothers. My favorite is curry chicken...chicken, fresh minced garlic, coconut milk (whole or lowfat), chicken broth (fatfree) or boullion cube, curry powder, sliced onion, salt/pepper, cook for 6 hours on low, thicken with xanthum or guar gum (at healthfood store) serve over steamed cauliflower! Awesome!!! My kids/DH love it!

Multivitamin, biotin

Remember: Exercise is key! WATP is great. Start at 1 mile and walk your way up!!! I love the christian-based ones!
OMG I love Leslie and the Walk Away the Pounds workouts. I was just getting ready to do this as soon as I got off this site:)

Okay, anyway, the only thing I really do that will contribute to healthy hair is pop multivitamins and drink adequate amounts of water.:look:

Divine Inspiration

I don't do these things solely for hair but moreso for overall health. However, these things seemed to have contributed to my hair health as well.

Drink:
WATER and lots of it
Carrot juice
Superfood (in smoothies)
Aloe vera juice
Horsetail tea
Green tea
Organic fruit smoothies
Wheatgrass

Eat:
No sugar
5-10 servings of fruits & veggies every day
Cage-free, vegetarian fed eggs
Organic food
Sunflower kernels

preciousjewel76

bmoreflyygirl said:
Where do you buy the milk? It sounds tasty!

Almond milk is the bomb! I find it in the health food section of my local grocery store...many large chain groceries will carry it. You can also find it at health food stores. I drink Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla. It's great in cereal or in my protein drinks.

OT:
The supplements/foods listed in my signature are ones I consume daily for healthy hair and body. I also eat lots of fruits and veggies, lean protein, and almost a gallon of water per day. Ooops, and I also take a calcium supplement, because my liquid multi doesn't contain much calcium.