what do you fine hair ladies use on your ends

NYRICAN1

I have 4a /b fine hair and I tried the baggie method with scurl and its breakage city. I have been using mtg on my hair and trying to do protective styling but am experiencing very dry ends. I cw my hair last night and rollerset it and it is so soft and hardly no breakage. I want to use something on my ends to keep them moisturised. Do you guys think I need to cw everyday :confused: suggestions please?

lexi08

I would like to know also. I am having the same problem with dry ends. The baggie method does not work for me :nono:

naturaline

hi there, have you tried nectar of nature. (from ebay) my cousin has fine hair and its made her hair healthier :p

divinefavor

I tried the baggie method and it worked okay. For the past week, I've been wearing protective styles a little more. I've been putting a little leave in conditioner (one that I don't use that often) on the ends in the morning and night and I've been sealing it with a mixture of oils (jojoba, sweet almond oil and black castor oil).

Someone on this forum suggested castor oil on our fine ends to keep them healthy and it's been working great for me.

I'm not sure if you need to cw everyday. I've been wondering the same thing, I think because my hair is fine that everyday might be a bit much for me because of the manipulation. For two weeks I've been experimenting with conditioner once in the middle of the week and the rest of the days misting my hair a mixture of water, leave in conditioner and oils. My hair seems to like this. HTH!

NoNapNique

divinefavor said:
Someone on this forum suggested castor oil on our fine ends to keep them healthy and it's been working great for me.

Yep! My ends have DEFINITELY gotten thicker! About two weeks after using castor oil in my baggie, my ends felt "heavier" on my shoulders and back (without any product on them) !

lexi08

divinefavor said:
I tried the baggie method and it worked okay. For the past week, I've been wearing protective styles a little more. I've been putting a little leave in conditioner (one that I don't use that often) on the ends in the morning and night and I've been sealing it with a mixture of oils (jojoba, sweet almond oil and black castor oil).

I'm not sure if you need to cw everyday. I've been wondering the same thing, I think because my hair is fine that everyday might be a bit much for me because of the manipulation. For two weeks I've been experimenting with conditioner once in the middle of the week and the rest of the days misting my hair a mixture of water, leave in conditioner and oils. My hair seems to like this. HTH!

Does the water make your hair frizzy?

divinefavor

NoNapNique said:
Yep! My ends have DEFINITELY gotten thicker! About two weeks after using castor oil in my baggie, my ends felt "heavier" on my shoulders and back (without any product on them) !

I thought it was you, but I wasn't quite sure. I didn't want to post misinformation. :lol:

lexi08

divinefavor said:
Not really. But, if I don't put oils in the mixture or on my ends, my ends would definitely be frizzy.

Thank you. Water based moisturizers seem to make my hair frizzy and hard. :ohwell:

NYRICAN1

divinefavor said:

I think I would like to alternate this too with profective hair ends and some oils. :D

NoNapNique said:

what brand castor oil has worked best for you and where can I buy it?