What do you ladies do with your hair before bedtime?

LittleLuxe

:ohwell: I'm not crazy about wrapping my hair but maybe if I learned how to do it right I'd change my mind. Still I was curious if you ladies had other alternatives or solutions.

Since my hair is so short and I don't do much with it during the day I just slip my satin bonnet over it as is and go straight to bed. Are there better methods or is what I'm doing a bad idea overall for style (when I finally get my butt in gear to style my hair for the next day) or for the health of my hair?

Any tips as always are deeply enjoyed and recommended. Thanks!:yep:

Mz.MoMo5235

at nite lately i've been parting my hair in half, moisturizing with a homemade spritz, detangle, sealing with oil, braiding into to braids (like indian girl braids i guess), slather shea butter on the ends and go nite nite! i've been a bad momo and not sleeping with my satin bonnet, pillow case, or any other hair friendly items.

charmtreese

I put one big flexi rod in the back and tie it up. If Im wearing I side bang I will pin curl the side bang and flexi rod the rest.

maxineshaw

1. moisturize it with s-curl
2. Put hair in large twists.
3. wear a satin bonnet.

That's it. I sometimes oil my edges, but I haven't done that in a while. I need to because the oil protects my edges from possible friction associated with the bonnet.

When I had a relaxer

1. Apply moisturizer (usually Optimum by Soft Sheen Carson, the big yellow bottle-loved that stuff), and grease edges
2. Wrap
3. Apply wrap cap (modified doo rag-just cut it shorter).

That worked well enough.

Ms.Christ3n

I rinse my hair in the shower and pull it in a high bun while there's still water running through it. I put on a scarf and sleep on a satin pillow.

LittleLuxe

Right now it's just a little above the base of my neck,with my hair forming a (not so lovely) U shape. The ends are closer to my jawline. So like I said it's short but I do want to form healthy practices now (and start practicing)

To the ladies who put their hair in a bonnet do you wrap your hair or do anything to it before you put it in as in braiding, tying, curling etc. I'm so bad with this. A lifetime of laziness, lol.

indigodiva

I made a really cool curly pudding recipe last night so all I had to do tonight was twist up my hair according to the pattern from last night, clip it and stick a bonnet on it. Its all about the easy-peasy now. Ain't gots time for a long drawn out reggie.

EbonyCPrincess

It all depends on how I am wearing my hair. Braids for a braidout, bun (with no holders, just hair gathered into place), pincurls, flexirods....so many options! lol. I rarely wear my hair the same for a long period of time.

When my hair was shorter (NL) I did large pincurls to keep some shape, so maybe that could be an alternative for you.

BillsBackerz67

As of now I wear it straight so I put it in a very loose bun and put a bonnet on. Everyonce in a blue moon I might add some oil based moisturizer or grease to the ends.

LittleLuxe

Ms. Christ3n, girl I envy you. That sounds so effortless and easy but somehow I think if I tried that with my relaxed hair I'd give Buckwheat a run for his money. :perplexed

Thanks for all the responses ladies, you've got me thinking of some great alternatives (as well as keeping me from doing anything too complicated or annoying before I crash. Whoo!):yep:

BillsBackerz67, girl your hair is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S! Love that shiny black healthy hair and that pretty blue-black sheen of color. Whatever you're doing keep it up because you're making a girl drool.:lick:

beans4reezy

Depends on the hair style. If I am bunning for the week- I will sleep with it in a bun. If I am rocking a curly pin up for the week- I sleep with it in pin curls.

Junebug D

I just pin it up with one or two of those "Good Hair Day" pins or with bobby pins, and put on my scarf.

Janet'

I moisturize it with Carefree Curl Gold (in sections) put it into a low ponytail, put a satin bonnet on top and good night!

kandake

I moisturize and seal and put on a bonnet just like you mentioned. Sometimes I'll put rollers in it, but not often.

*crystal*

Moisturize with Elasta QP Mango Olive Butter, put it into a ponytail, put ponytail into one big pincurl, then tie on satin scarf. That' s when it's straightened. When it's in it's natural state, I wet bun it, seal with the QP Butter and BB Growth oil, and tie on the satin scarf. I rarely wear my hair down for more than 2-3 days.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Apply MT,(scalp only) OR Mizani Night-Time or some other type of Moisturizer, then perhaps seal with a little oil right now using & loving:love: Hemp Seed, and tying on the Prettywrap.

Prettywrap stays on ALL NIGHT, Hair Stays Moisturized and beautifully 'in place' until the next day.:yep: