What does a "fortifying" condish do?

lamaria211

So ladies I no what a moisturizing conditioner, a protein, a smoothing, a voluminous and a color care conditioner does for the hair. But I really don't no what the purpose is for a fortifying conditioner? I'm a PJ and I've come across a few of these types of conditioners like: Elasta QP fortifying intense condish and most recently Optimum Salon Care fortifying condish. They're both deep conditioners which say to leave in for over 10-15min and the ingredients look yummy. But I'm not really sure what they do for the hair. Or who should be using them relaxed, natural or texlaxed?? All help appreciated:)

I'm curious to know the answer to this too. I have the Optimum Salon Care Fortifying condish in my stash but I haven't used it yet.

Usually they strengthen the hair... really its just another word for either proteins, ceramides, or polymers.. or a combination of the three

Yep.:yep: @lamaria211

I would also say to Strengthen & Nourish the Hair. Containing properities that help support and build up the hair.

A lightweight Protein. Because as @blackberry815 said, it usually contains other ingriedents that feed/support its overall structure.

IMO: SSI Fortifying DC'er is a good example of one.

IMO, it is best to look beyond a product’s name and analyze its ingredient list instead because merchants tend to use certain phrases (i.e., fortifying, deep penetrating, ultra, replenishing, etc.) in an effort to appeal to their target audience. The ingredients will always tell you what a product can and cannot do.

Back