What exactly does Spanx do??

Discussion in 'Fashion' started by sylver2, Oct 11, 2007.

1. sylver2

sylver2 Well-Known Member

i see women goin crazy over these. So i went to nordstroms to check them out. Are they really just like girdles?? everything was about holding something in. I'm slim but don't want anything to make me appear slimmer. I was hoping for something that would lift up the butt, but not hold it in. Someone recommened spanx, but i don't think its for me..

2. Soul♥Flower

Soul♥Flower Well-Known Member

To me they are not really like girdles, they are more like "smoothers". I wear the target brand called Assests though...they are cheaper (12.00)

To be honest, I really can't accurately describe what they do. I was wondering the same thing before I actually tried a pair and fell in love them.

I say you should just go buy some and if you don't like them you can always return them.:yep:

3. chayil0427

chayil0427 New Member

Spanx can give you a really clean line under pants and dresses.

Chayil

4. MzRhonda

MzRhonda Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Wow I just went to Targets site to check out Assets, they are made by the same person, Sara Blakely, who makes Spanx and they are about $10 cheaper. I have a few pair of Spanx and love them.

I am tiny but have a belly bulge so they pull that in and smooths everything else out. They are comfortable.

5. PhoenixRose360

PhoenixRose360 New Member

I haven't tried Spanx, but I tried the one Walmart has, which was like $7 or $8. I actually liked that it smoothed all my lumps and bumps out. The only thing I didn't like is when I had to go to the ladies room. It was such a pain pull it down and up.

6. caramelcutieinva

caramelcutieinva New Member

I have my spanx , and the version that Macy's carries.

I have a tummy and I have big thighs and rump.

The spanx smooth out my tummy and make it so that my middle half doesn't shake when I walk.

7. comike

comike Well-Known Member

To me, they are more like pantyhose....the consistency of pantyhose....without the feet....very comfortable....nothing like a girdle. Before SPANX came out, I'd take a pair of pantyhose and cut off the feet and wear them. SPANX smooth it all out. I like wearing the Footless - mostly with light fabric pants. I wear the Power Panty with short skirts or dresses....againg to contain it all and smooth it out....no panty lines.