What Hair Type Am I????

misbehavn23

Hey Ladies, for the longest I was a professional lurker, lol. Now I am so excited because I have built up enough courage to start a thread! :grin: I began my hair journey in December 2007.

I had no idea about hair types. After reading some descriptions on hair types I thought I was like a 4 a b. Once I started co-washing, moisturizing and stretching relaxers my thoughts have changed.

Could anyone please help me by telling me what my hair type is??? Thanks a million in advance!

Attachments

• HT Pic.jpg
    HT Pic.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 138

cmw45

Looks 3cish to me. I definitely understand your confusion...my hair texture completely changed once I started taking care of my hair. Although, I think the first time I "went" natural I also had scab hair. Welcome to the forum. There is a wealth of knowledge here.

justNikki

I don't understand how you can tell what hair type she is by these photos? Do you have other photos? Hair behaves very differently when you're relaxed than it does when you're natural. Are you natural? Are you transistioning? As long as your hair is healthy, it doesn't really matter.

Neith

I don't understand how you can tell what hair type she is by these photos? Do you have other photos? Hair behaves very differently when you're relaxed than it does when you're natural. Are you natural? Are you transistioning? As long as your hair is healthy, it doesn't really matter.

I agree. Her hair is BACK how can you see a curl pattern? Plus there isn't enough new growth.

Looks as if you're in the 2's or 3's from the edges... but you can't be sure of which one until your hair grows out some.

vestaluv1

:detective: It looks very much like 3c to me :yep: depending on if you're natural what product(s) you have in your hair.
It can be hard to tell IF you're transitioning as well.

Last edited:

silvergirl

if your still transitioning or relaxed then ????

if your natural its possible your 3c BUT if the hair was brushed back with gels and potions to get a smoother look, then obviously you could be more in the fours.

it would be better if your picture was of your natural hair just hanging out with little to no product.....

Riverwalk

if your still transitioning or relaxed then ????

if your natural its possible your 3c BUT if the hair was brushed back with gels and potions to get a smoother look, then obviously you could be more in the fours.

it would be better if your picture was of your natural hair just hanging out with little to no product.....

^^^What she said! :)

joyandfaith

I'm new too and now I'm wondering about my type. My hair is natural and I read some classifications somewhere, but I'd appreciate you ladies' opinions.

Pheonixx

Looks to be in the 3's to me as well. But as someone else said it's best to evaluate without styling products, i.e., gels, cremes etc....:yep: