what happened to the no heat straight plates thread ckw and launch?

myhairgrowstoo

Good morning Investors,

As we work diligently behind the scenes to bring the CWK Straight Plates vision to life, it is important to us that we offer you, our KickStarter investors, continued updates regarding production, shipping, and changes.

At the close of the KickStarter campaign we partnered closely with our manufacturer to review the developmental phases and set an estimated completion date. Based on the work detailed in the outline, we estimated that the process would be completed early to mid August. This initial time frame built in time to create an updated prototype, engineer the molds, and manufacture a sample set for testing and approval. Unfortunately, due to manufacturing and continued testing our shipping date has been pushed back until October. Please remember that this product is a new innovation and entails a lot of trial and error.

To be transparent, the design and results yielded from the first sample set were good, but not CWK Girls great. Developer, Kelechi Bradely, has since then reworked several components of the Straight Plate design that has substantially improved the overall quality and functionality of the plates.
We understand that you have been eagerly anticipating the arrival of your CWK Girls product, and we hate to delay the process any longer; but our number one priority is to ensure that the product is both of high quality and exceeds your expectations.

In the meantime, to honor our commitment to our KickStarter investors, our team has decided to put an halt to all CWK Straight Plate pre-orders in order to solely focus on perfecting our product and getting it into you hands as quickly as possible. The newly designed sample plates are in production and will be shipped to the CWK Girls office for testing. We are hoping that the third time is the charm! For instant updates, and photos regarding our process follow our Instagram page @cwk_girls. Additionally, if you have a change in your shipping address before the estimated shipping date, please email us at [email protected]. Be sure to enter ‘Change of Address’ in the subject line as this will help use easily track the changes as time progresses.

We understand that the process has been long; therefore, if you would like a refund on your investment we will gladly honor your request. You may submit your request within 10 days via Amazon. Please note that we will process the request in the order that they are submitted.

We are beyond grateful for your excitement, understanding, and continued support. You are our first customers and the CWK Girls team is relentlessly working to make certain that your investment is protected.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

The CWK Girls Team

CWK Plates- Straighten Hair Without Heat-http://youtu.be/CJlTt02SUis

Thanks for the update. I sent my change of address and a question to the email address you provided! :)

Phoenix14

Additionally, if you have a change in your shipping address before the estimated shipping date, please email us at [email protected]. Be sure to enter ‘Change of Address’ in the subject line as this will help use easily track the changes as time progresses.

Kelechi, for those of us who haven't received a request for an address (and were in the first group to support you on kickstarter), should we still email you with our address or wait to be contacted?

sunnydaze

I'd rather wait and get a good product than get a substandard one in my hands now..looking forward to receiving it! :)

GoldenRule

ehhh...it's just a couple of weeks. It happens with Kickstarters. I ordered some of those TILES thingies -- you know the little blocks you attach to your keychain and other items so you won't lose them and that was well over a year ago. Delay after delay after delay.

I think Hookie Do's are running a wee bit behind as well. Delivery was scheduled in August and has been pushed to September.

Plastics can be tricky (I tried to tell ya). Everything looks great then BOOM - you get an ugly hair-shearing seam or something... or that snap you thought would work doesn't hold up in use. They'll work it all out. Good thing they're catching production issues up-front. Patience, patience...

Last edited:

SuchaLady

We can tell how many of you have ever developed products. :rolleyes:

I want to order some the next go round. I love the colors.

faithVA

I think she is doing a good job keeping us abreast of changes and delays. I think we will get a good product that we are happy with.

No matter how well things are planned out if it hasn't been done before there are bound to be delays and changes. It just goes with the territory of development.

It definitely takes patience. Investing in new products and start ups is not for everyone.

JudithO

We understand that the process has been long; therefore, if you would like a refund on your investment we will gladly honor your request. You may submit your request within 10 days via Amazon. Please note that we will process the request in the order that they are submitted.

We are beyond grateful for your excitement, understanding, and continued support. You are our first customers and the CWK Girls team is relentlessly working to make certain that your investment is protected.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

The CWK Girls Team

Foxglove

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
JudithO virtuenow I went to Amazon but since I didn't place my order through them (placed my order through kickstarter) the order isn't showing up to request a refund. Does she have instructions on how exactly to do this through Amazon?
Sorry to bug you guys but obviously multiple requests to knbradley have gone unanswered

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I couldn't invest in the kickstarter because I was getting myself prepared for maternity leave, but I do want some plates. I would order now (not sure if she is taking orders on amazon) but I also want to wait for more customer reviews and possibly more variety. I hope she works her product out soon, but better for her to have problems now then later so that she can reap the benefits of a good problem later. I hope she gets everything sorted out soon. Until then, I'm patiently waiting.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
Thanks to a PM from another member having problems contacting the seller for a refund I placed my request for a refund on Amazon. I hope you all are taking notes in case you need to contact the seller for returns or refunds. This is ridiculous

SuchaLady

I think the rest of us are fine waiting :) Who'd be in a rush to get a potentially faulty product? :wink2:

Thanks to a PM from another member having problems contacting the seller for a refund I placed my request for a refund on Amazon. I hope you all are taking notes in case you need to contact the seller for returns or refunds. This is ridiculous

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
I think the rest of us are fine waiting :) Who'd be in a rush to get a potentially faulty product? :wink2:

It's not the waiting issue. I have locs now so I won't be able to use the plates which is why I want the refund. My frustration is after contacting the seller on multiple mediums (here publicly and via PM, by email to both her gmail and yahoo, PM on FB, and through kick starter and she has ignored every single communication and instead of acknowledging the emails and mentions she is sending second hand messages through other members. All I want is my money back since she received more than enough funding and since the plates haven't been made or shipped yet.

SuchaLady

This is OT but did you cut off all your hair to start your locs? Is that the only way to do it? Ive always wondered that. But anywho, Im sure she's busy. Id be more concerned if she was here posting freely :look:

It's not the waiting issue. I have locs now so I won't be able to use the plates which is why I want the refund. My frustration is after contacting the seller on multiple mediums (here publicly and via PM, by email to both her gmail and yahoo, PM on FB, and through kick starter and she has ignored every single communication and instead of acknowledging the emails and mentions she is sending second hand messages through other members. All I want is my money back since she received more than enough funding and since the plates haven't been made or shipped yet.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
This is OT but did you cut off all your hair to start your locs? Is that the only way to do it? Ive always wondered that. But anywho, Im sure she's busy. Id be more concerned if she was here posting freely :look:

No I didn't have to cut (I did trim an inch or two to start off with fresh ends) but thanks to my 80% shrinkage they're about 2 inches long

isawstars

The above is the same reason why I requested a refund. I didn't want to but I'm just so frustrated... plus, I've had a bad kickstarter experience in the past so I'm simply over it. On top of that, I've started growing out my hair with sew ins, so there's no need to have $60 worth of cwk plates when I will only use a few of them for my leave out.

Like others said, I'm fine with waiting. Except I choose to wait and order them via her website.

DivaDee62

2 weeks since she offered to provide refunds to those who requested and I still haven't received my refund or a response to my numerous follow up emails and LHCF messages.

Amarilles

DivaDee62 did you go through Amazon? I believe in her message she said the refunds should be requested through there, not messages or emails.

I never received any emails requesting my shipping address but I've been sitting very pretty as I made my orders with my international address, and I know I won't be shipped to early.

DivaDee62

Amarilles Going through Amazon Payments does not help when she ignores the emails from Amazon Payments. Logging a dispute through amazon does not help as they will not process disputes for transactions related to Kickstarter. I've requested via Amazon no less than three times with no response. Like another poster said earlier in the thread, be mindful of what folks are posting here related to customer service, responsiveness, etc...because you may find yourself in a similar position once your patience has run out.

luckiestdestiny

@Amarilles Going through Amazon Payments does not help when she ignores the emails from Amazon Payments. Logging a dispute through amazon does not help as they will not process disputes for transactions related to Kickstarter. I've requested via Amazon no less than three times with no response. Like another poster said earlier in the thread, be mindful of what folks are posting here related to customer service, responsiveness, etc...because you may find yourself in a similar position once your patience has run out.

Go to your merchant account stat while you can. See what your visa/etc or bank can do to refund if that's what you want. Did you email kickstarter to ask what steps you should take?

Ogoma

Did she mention a Facebook page or a site or something earlier? You shouldn't have to go through that much trouble, but I think she mentioned at that point that was the best way to reach her.

I wish she had better organizational skills or gets help to respond to emails and stuff like this. I am waiting patiently, but understand it can be very frustrating sending emails and not getting any responses.

isawstars

Update: I got my refund a couple weeks ago. I still plan to purchase the 2nd round but l vow to never use kickstarter again.

Sent from my LG G2 via LHCF app