what happened to the no heat straight plates thread ckw and launch?

JaneBond007

Oh....what? Factual information can be requested. I didn't curse her nor call her out of her name. I"m calling Amazon.com tomorrow and will get information first-hand on how these transactions are done manually and hopefully, they can explain what any hold-ups would be. I know that someone out there will thank me. I don't need it, but this is important, even for the entrepreneur. I'm sure this has been an exhausting experience but it is the nature of money and services. In order to move forward, you need a thick skin to take advice, provide answers and to make amends. There is no sugar-coating of this. Take it like a man, shake hands, comply and git 'er done.

DivaDee62

Amazon, as big a corporation and tech as they are, can't process more than 20 transactions at a time and people are waiting one month and beyond for their refunds? It's all electronic...it hits the banks and they will see it online. Maybe there were errors in submitting on your part? If they do 20 at a time, make several batches of 20, keep a spread sheet with the proper identifiable info and go from there. It's nothing to process data 100's daily. Unless they tell you that they can only process refunds up to 20 daily, then there is no excuse but to take the time to do it. This is your responsibility and these good people made a faith effort to help you achieve your goals as a black entrepreneur. :nono: It were me as a backer, I'd call Amazon and see about getting my money.

@SuchaLady

There's no "y'all are being nasty for no reason" in my posts. I am business-oriented and want the deets - the specific deets. I think people should be given the truth and I am respectful. However, being respectful doesn't equate to platitudes etc. FACTS. Saves time and energy.

You're coming in here with common sense and logic when the audience you are directing your message to has NEITHER. She up in the thread calling bloggers liars and such...like after months of no communications & ignoring backers who were trying to reach someone ANYONE in her camp... people are just gonna readily jump back on the bandwagon?

Either she is really is this obtuse or she is trying to get it "crunk" up in the thread in hopes that it will be deleted...with this thread deleted, there goes the biggest and longest running history of her failed campaign. Poof no more LHCF thread on any CWK goggle searches...

JaneBond007

You're coming in here with common sense and logic when the audience you are directing your message to has NEITHER. She up in the thread calling bloggers liars and such...like after months of no communications & ignoring backers who were trying to reach someone ANYONE in her camp... people are just gonna readily jump back on the bandwagon?

Either she is really is this obtuse or she is trying to get it "crunk" up in the thread in hopes that it will be deleted...with this thread deleted, there goes the biggest and longest running history of her failed campaign. Poof no more LHCF thread on any CWK goggle searches...

That is sad. I considered funding it. :nono: Can people file a class action against this...but then again, Kickstarter doesn't refund? Small claims court? But out-of-state?:nono: If I'm able to get through to Amazon, I'll come back and relay what I learned. Seriously, I can read through these business communication templates. Just do the manual transactions. I wouldn't even be on LHCF...but on the refunds, unless all that info was lost or thrown away.

Last edited:

DivaDee62

That is sad. I considered funding it. :nono: Can people file a class action against this? If I'm able to get through to Amazon, I'll come back and relay what I learned.

Be glad that you didn't or you would have been in the first wave of us fighting for months to get a refund that SHE offered or you would be in the 2nd wave now...desperately waiting even more months to see a refund. Amazon may or may not talk to you. When I tried escalating to Amazon Payments when she was ignoring my emails and messages for weeks, Amazon told me nope, they won't handle disputes related to Kickstarter. Only after I got kickstarter involved did she finally respond and submit my refund. That was a full month of constant requests for communication and updates.

The fact that she set her "mouth" to say that TheNaturalHaven's blog article is false speaks to her dishonesty or delusion. I'm not sure which it is... probably 75% of the first and 25% of the second.

JaneBond007

I don't know where the specific responses to my questions are posted "elsewhere." What is wrong in asking for the truth? People have a problem and they are seemingly getting no satisfying answers. Business is business. I'd like to know what specifically is holding up things on Amazon's end. She's making it sound like manual transactions are done via snail mail and that old charge card press. I sound matter-of-fact...don't take alarm. I'm just want the information.

JudithO

I don't know where the specific responses to my questions are posted "elsewhere." What is wrong in asking for the truth? People have a problem and they are seemingly getting no satisfying answers. Business is business. I'd like to know what specifically is holding up things on Amazon's end. She's making it sound like manual transactions are done via snail mail and that old charge card press. I sound matter-of-fact...don't take alarm. I'm just want the information.

There is nothing wrong with asking. She claims that it is easier for them to track refunds if they do them 20 at a time.... why don't you just accept that? It is easier to send a list of 529 people to amazon, but she has been religiously doing them 20 at a time if you have been keeping track of the emails... I have cos I donated....

Why did she take so long to refund people since it got funded in june? Because she was supposed to ship august/september.... until she got hit with this patent issue and after stalling for a while, is refunding all 529 backers their money... even though a good chunk of it had been spent of moulds and manufacturing etc

There are MANY things she could have handled better especially communicating with people... but the fact that she is refunding everyone their money, majority have gotten it back, is proof that at least, she is not a thief....

It's a very messed up situation, but this is someone's dreams literally in flames... y'all dont kick the sister too hard as she is down already...

Last edited:

knbradley

That is sad. I considered funding it. :nono: Can people file a class action against this...but then again, Kickstarter doesn't refund? Small claims court? But out-of-state?:nono: If I'm able to get through to Amazon, I'll come back and relay what I learned. Seriously, I can read through these business communication templates. Just do the manual transactions. I wouldn't even be on LHCF...but on the refunds, unless all that info was lost or thrown away.
I am uncertain why our investors would file a claim against us when it is evident that our investors are receiving their full refunds. Nonetheless, we have no problems addressing the concerns of our audience.

As stated, we are issuing refunds 20 at a time because it has proven to be the most efficient way to ensure that each refund is processed. Additionally, it allows our investors a way to keep track of the process and receive higher levels of customer service. We have consulted with Amazon. After the 60 days, the process is a manual and all transaction must be submitted as such. While you may have other ideas and proposed methods, this has proven to be the best process for the involved parties. We have been transparent throughout the refund process. You are more than welcome to investigate any matter that you see fit.

We thank you for inquiring about a concern that you believed the forum would have like to have had addressed. We have answered your question fully.

Best

Last edited:

HairNinja

I got my refund thanks! I would rather get some plates. Work out the kinks and put a product on the shelves. I would still buy.

GoldenRule

It's been stated before that the refunds are not a legal obligation... It appears that more than half of the investors have been refunded (myself among them). I am grateful to have received the funds back. The process is painstakingly slow but it does seem to be working and actively progressing. Those of us that have been refunded have been made whole -- nothing gained, nothing lost. It makes little sense at this point to antagonize Ms. Bradley or her Company and jeopardize the refund process for those who have NOT received their funds yet. I do not think anyone predicted her return to the thread but now that she is here...chillax and let the nice lady handle her business, particularly if you have no skin in the game :wink2: The holidays are upon us and I'm sure those remaining refunds are eagerly anticipated.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I have followed from the beginning. I was going to invest, but wanted to see the plates work on 4b hair and see some after production real life reviews.

The whole thing is sad. Black women fighting about whose ideas these plates were...meanwhile some non black person is probably out there making patentable "improvements" to the original design and will take their stake in this 9 billion dollar industry. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

knbradley

I got my refund thanks! I would rather get some plates. Work out the kinks and put a product on the shelves. I would still buy.
Thank you for your support! The CWK Girls team is working behind the scenes to navigate and resolve the legal matters. We are not going to stop working towards our goal to bring a innovative hair tool to the market. Us naturals deserve awesome!

knbradley

It's been stated before that the refunds are not a legal obligation... It appears that more than half of the investors have been refunded (myself among them). I am grateful to have received the funds back. The process is painstakingly slow but it does seem to be working and actively progressing. Those of us that have been refunded have been made whole -- nothing gained, nothing lost. It makes little sense at this point to antagonize Ms. Bradley or her Company and jeopardize the refund process for those who have NOT received their funds yet. I do not think anyone predicted her return to the thread but now that she is here...chillax and let the nice lady handle her business, particularly if you have no skin in the game :wink2: The holidays are upon us and I'm sure those remaining refunds are eagerly anticipated.
We are glad to hear that you have received your refund! Thank you for your initial investment!

faithVA

I agree with this. So I am looking forward to the kinks being worked out and seeing the product. Wishing you the best Ms. Bradley :yep:

Amarilles

Us black women can sure roll with a punch.

LHCF can of course be found when it's needed for publicity, advice and for damage control but not when we had questions and concerns? Absolutely zero has been said that couldn't have been said before as no information has actually been disclosed? Nothing that would be compromising to the company or its legal issues, so why come in here now?

knbradley TheNaturalHaven's article isn't false, she stated the events as they simply occured. She did not call you a scammer, even warned the readers on a comment speculating on things she couldn't verify. She simply posed 3 questions (which were never answered) so do please indicate where she's mistaken?

Naveah2050

JaneBond007 What exactly is your problem? (not in a confrontational way, like I for real want to help you find answers if she has posted them somewhere!

Not everyone has their refund, I am sure those that do not appreciate having someone like JaneBond007 on the case. It's a shame the communication on this wasn't handled better but better late than never I guess as long as people get their money back.

JaneBond007

Business people who cannot provide direct, clear and complete answers are probably those who should take a small business refresher course or bow out for a time. People ask questions all the time about your product and services, particularly if there arises a problem and if you are totally honest, you provide them fully and expeditiously. Now, how questioning would possibly jeopardize the refund process is telling and beyond me. A sucker is born every single day - skin in the game or no skin in the game. Good faith effort is prime, just like the money of the backers who didn't intend to lose their investments. I hope and pray KBradley steps up to the plate rather than leaving the processing to her "staff." Besides, this is PUBLIC information and people have a right to know, especially since some of their money is still in her pocket. You wouldn't let Target keep your money.

Last edited:

JaneBond007

You are more than welcome to investigate any matter that you see fit.

We thank you for inquiring about a concern that you believed the forum would have like to have had addressed. We have answered your question fully.

Best

Of course I am since this is public information. You publicly asked for support, then publicly be transparent on the "manual transmission" hold-up. P2P or Pop Money from where those monies are held in your account and call it a day. Easy as pie. As per the second emboldened, I'll glean through this thread again but stating "manual transmission" tells me nothing much.

The reason this all bothers me are the circular communications. I'm in a position to acquire a business and I would NEVER treat any clients, esp. investors this way. You have to have enough capital for the unforseen problems. In my community, this is social death you won't outlive, pretty much. Good luck, honey.

Last edited:

DivaDee62

Soooooo if people in this thread keep asking questions and being "negative" Keleechi and CWK are gonna get revenge by not refunding the remaining customers?? Wow....if you think you are supporting her by saying and implying this..you are actually making things worse and confirming what people have said in this thread. Hilarious. Absolutely Hilarious. But we should support her vocally or be quiet because these are her dreams...even though she might get mad and take her toys home.

RocStar

Of course I am since this is public information. You publicly asked for support, then publicly be transparent on the "manual transmission" hold-up. P2P or Pop Money from where those monies are held in your account and call it a day. Easy as pie. As per the second emboldened, I'll glean through this thread again but stating "manual transmission" tells me nothing much.

The reason this all bothers me are the circular communications. I'm in a position to acquire a business and I would NEVER treat any clients, esp. investors this way. You have to have enough capital for the unforseen problems. In my community, this is social death you won't outlive, pretty much. Good luck, honey.

You are doing waaaayyyy to much. Like, get over yourself.

SuchaLady

I have a business degree and I'm working on a MBA so no ignorance this way. You would be laughed out of a serious business meeting. If this is what you called getting stuff done, I have no choice but to assume that you sign checks in crayon. You have literally accomplished nothing in here but type out several long diatribes. :lachen:

Ignorance is bliss. ^^^ Yeah, I edited...she just won't get it and neither will you. I simplified it. :giggle:

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I agree with both sides of this debate y'all are having. You live and you learn and keep pushing through. The problem has been or is currently being corrected. There are things that definitely could have been done differently, however I'm sure @kbradly is aware of these things/issues and knows what she is to do and how to handle these situations in the future. Lifes lesson learned and from the beginning she has taken any and everyone's advice which I'm sure is greatly appreciated.

Eta- oops I meant knbradley

lux10023

ditto

and furthermore--even large corp big brands have to grant refunds for items or services--why are people going so hard on homegirl--she had a great idea it didn't pan all the way out--so be it..****!!! is she doomed to h3ll..no...

were the straight plates $100 because ppl are going hard on the refund as if they spent hundredssss of dollar..do ppl want her blood? like really?:lol::ohwell::look:

have you ever waited on a refund from a big brand it takes time as well...

knbradley

if you are reading this ish happens i get it--wish you well in your business endeavors--you had a great idea!!!!:yep:

knbradley

Thank you to all that have posted or sent private messages. We want to make certain that we answer all questions relevant to the CWK Girls brand. We have clearly addressed any concerns regarding the refund process as well as questions regarding our efforts to improve customer service.

If you feel you were overlooked, feel free to send a private message to ensure that you are serviced.

Thank you for the support.

Best

knbradley

Good morning LHCF users,

Thank you again to those of you that have presented your questions and concerns. We hear you. We have offered personal service to those of you who have inboxed us for various reasons. We will continue to serve you. Refund request will continue to be submitted each week. Please be sure to check the submission list for your transaction number.

Our team is growing and we are working to get things done effectively and efficiently. Thank you all for the feedback whether it be positive, constructive, or negative. Realistically, you learn and grow from it all. When starting the CWK Girls brand, my greatest and most important goal was to unite and empower women. I have always felt that there were enough people imposing their negative thoughts and limitations on us that we ourselves did not have to add to it. Yet, instead of counteracting those limitations and offering a true depiction of ourselves, often times in our community, we opt for the "crab in the barrel" mentality. As women we are beyond powerful. We have an abundance of knowledge, connections, savvy, and hustle. Truth be told, there is space for all of us to find our niche and be successful.

With that, we would like to encourage each of you as you begin or move forward with your endeavors. Bringing your ideas forward for the world to share in is evidence of your courage and strength. We again thank you for your engagement, feedback, and support. The CWK Girls team is humbled by our beginnings and excited about the progress that we have made.

We are here if needed.

**Edited**

Last edited:

GoldenRule

That new product looks interesting. I like the little curler on the end. I guess that got them around the patent issue. I hope this one goes well for her.