What in the entire hayle, Trader Joe's???

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
:nono:.

Trader Joe's has changed it's formula for the Nourish Spa conditioner, a veritable STAPLE in many a natural heads hair-care arsenal. It was cheap, readily available (providing a TJ's is in your 'hood!), and was a detangling, softening, curl-enhancing BEAST.

But now these fools have added argan oil :)lick:!), got rid of the parabens :)yep:!), BUT Nourish Spa now has dimethicone as the 5th ingredient :)perplexed).

As a rebuker of silicones, this broke my heart.

For those of you using and lovin' on the 'cones, I raise a glass to your continued use of Nourish Spa then pour out some likka in rememberance of the Nourish Spa of the past...

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
I have 3 bottles in my cabinet let me go see if they have silicones. I loveeeee me some silicones.

ETA: they don't

Last edited:

kandake

When did that happen? I have about 3 bottles in my cabinet. I'm not sure what they say. I'll have to check when I get home.

HanaKuroi

I am so mad! I left some for my family to use when I was back home thinking I'll just buy sone more when I get back. Grrrrrrrr!

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

ChocolatePie777

They couldn't just get rid of the parabens and call it a day.....thats the reason I stopped using it......and I don't use heavy non water soluble cones....

Last edited:

yamilee21

Thanks for the warning. :( I have one bottle of the old formula left. Yet another staple product for which I will need to find a replacement; silicones are not my friends.

CocoGlow

Do you know if the ingredients for the Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner have changed as well?

I used to love the Nourish Spa but then discovered I am allergic to the Orange Oil in it ... I heard that the Tea Tree Tingle was just as good at detangling but hadn't been able to get to a Trader Joe's lately to try it out ...

I hate when companies change the ingredients, especially if a product is well beloved just as it is! :ohwell:

curlycrocheter

This is a prime example of why I read the ingredients EVERY TIME I buy anything!

Even if I've been buying it for yeeeeeeeeeears. I was a faithful user of Giovanni, then one day I bought a bottle & BOOM! It seemed like NONE of the ingredients were the same!

yamilee21

I went to Trader Joe's yesterday, and the Nourish Spa conditioner in stock was the old formula, no silicones. I bought 4 bottles though, just in case. ;)

Honi

There is no board.
I didn't see any silicones in the bottles i bought. i bought what was left on the shelf. 7 bottles.

HanaKuroi

Now I have to go to my TJ's, in the middle of the week, to see if we have any of the old kind.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y