What is a good prepoo

alona

I want to start prepoo-ing because I shampoo with Aubrey Organics Island Natural Shampoo for dry/frizzy hair and it tends to leave my hair feeling stripped.

Also, once I'm finished with that bottle (because I'm not impressed) I plan to start using Creme of Nature poo and con.

What are your recommendations?

tia

Sorry the AO IN isn't working for your shampoos. However for a prepoo I use AO GPB with shea butter and/or whatever oils I have around.

Divastate

You are one of the first people I've heard that didn't like the Island Naturals shampoo- I had the exact same results so I stopped using it pretty quickly. My favorite prepoo is coconut milk with honey. I heat the coconut milk in the microwave for a few seconds so I can add the honey, shake it up and it melts easily for use on my hair.

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Divastate said:
You are one of the first people I've heard that didn't like the Island Naturals shampoo- I had the exact same results so I stopped using it pretty quickly. My favorite prepoo is coconut milk with honey. I heat the coconut milk in the microwave for a few seconds so I can add the honey, shake it up and it melts easily for use on my hair.

[Hey Divastate, congrats on the new addition to the fam! :yay:

That honey and coconut milk sound interesting. What size can do you use? Do you use the whole thing? How long does the milk keep? I want to try this in my daughter's natural hair.

What are your recommendations?

I use warm evoo/a little Jojoba Hot Oil Treatment and VO5 or Suave conditioners. I'm going to start adding honey to this mix and see what that does.

However, the evoo/cond. combo has been working well for my hair.

Hth-

~op~

Lee

A good prepoo mix for me is Herbal Essence conditioner (for fine and limp hair) and whatever oil I have on hand. My hair is soft for an entire week.

Jewell

I did EVOO last week mixed with Nexxus Botanic Oil. It was okay. I think I would have liked the EVOO better by itself. Tonight I'm doing EVOO with honey added. I'll post my results tomorrow after I shampoo. I've also tried coconut milk and EVOO...I didn't see a noticeable difference in my hair.

BobbieDoll

I ususally use EVOO by itself or with Suave Tropical coconut conditioner. Tonight I used Tropical Coconut cnditioner and Suave Humecuant Condtioner.

Pooks

Oh, and since I'm in here, I love avocado oil, and extra virgin coconut oil for prepoo. I've heard good things about honey and olive oil, I'm thinking about givin that a try too.

KinkyGenius

Protein Pre-poo: Aubrey Organics GPB

Moisture Pre-poo: Right now, Hairveda's Cochasta Shikaikai Oil on my scalp Agave (it's like honey) on my length. But I'm looking for a different moisture pre-poo method, idk we'll see.

BoaterGirlKim

LeKair Cholesterol mixed with EVOO overnight. I shampoo with CON Kiwi & Citrus and quick condition with KMC for about 5 mins the next morning. My hair is moisturized VELVET.

blackindia07

Ive been mixing a ripe avocado, coconut milk, EVOO, honey, jojoba oil, vegetable glycerin, coconut oil, shea butter, aloe vera gel, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, castor oil and wheat germ oil and I swear it has worked miracles on my hair. Good luck!

Salsarisma

I mix AOHSR, EVCO,EVOO, Burts Bees Avocado Butter, a few drops of Avocado oil, and a dab of honey. It's usually too thick, and I add in Tresseme Moisture Rich conditioner to thin it out. My hair feels so silky and smooth afterwards.

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
I use coconut cream + what ever oils I have on hand. If I need protein, I'll also add a tablespoon, or so, of plain full fat yogurt.