What is a good prepoo

leigh.hill

Protein Pre-Poo: AO GPB

Moisture Pre-Poo: (which I only do before going to gym before a co-wash): EVCO, EVOO, Jane Carter's N&S (melted in microwave), honey, with a little bit of conditioner (one that I would like to use up.)

Stella B.

I actually like and use 3 different prepoos-

Prepoo 1 -coconut oil or olive oil:lick:
Prepoo 2- coconut milk mixed with a few ayurvedic powders and oil:lick::lick:
Prepoo 3- cholesterol mixed with conditioner and oils (heat applied):lick::lick::lick:
I rotate between these 3 prepoos based on what my hair needs at the moment.

PuddingPop

Ive been mixing a ripe avocado, coconut milk, EVOO, honey, jojoba oil, vegetable glycerin, coconut oil, shea butter, aloe vera gel, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, castor oil and wheat germ oil and I swear it has worked miracles on my hair. Good luck!

I know what you mean . I actually tried something similar the week before last and my hair came out so soft and moist. I used

1/2 and Avocado
2 tbs Coconut milk
2 tbs Honey
2 tbs olive oil

I blended everything together in my mini food processor until it was smooth and i pre pooed with it for about one hour. My hair felt wonderful afterwarda. Im 4b relaxed I had some mixture left so I pre pooed my dd's 4b natural hair with it and it worked wonders on her hair too. Its definitely a keeper for us. Tastes good too lol :lick:

aa9746

I don't like to use my pricier conditioner for pre poo. I use vo5 moisture milk or queen helene cholesterol

TwistNMx

I use Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Treatment mixed with warm EVOO.

I've been thinking about getting this since I now found their deep conditioner which workds great so far.
Do you use EVOO because it's not moisturizing enough? :look:

TwistNMx

Ive been mixing a ripe avocado, coconut milk, EVOO, honey, jojoba oil, vegetable glycerin, coconut oil, shea butter, aloe vera gel, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, castor oil and wheat germ oil and I swear it has worked miracles on my hair. Good luck!
A few times I just used avocado and soy milk and it worked out, but this mixture sounds great. I'll have to document this. :yep: Thanks

IrisDaVirus

I use coconut oil or olive oil, depending on what time of year it is. Since it's warmer right now I stick to coconut oil. When it's colder I like olive oil. Sometimes I mix them both but that's only if my hair is extremely dry, and that's pretty rare.

Last edited:

aymone

I also like the honey and olive oil, it does give great volume to the hair. I want to try that prepoo with coconut milk as well and see how that turns out!

LaFemmeNaturelle

When ya'll pre-poo what are you shampooing with and what are your results? I want to start using amla oil as a pre-poo so it doesn't go to waste but would I have to wash with a non-sulfate poo? Or have you ladies seen results with washing with a sulfate poo? Seems like the sulfate would just undo all the goodness the pre-poo did...which is why I don't pre-poo. But I don't wanna leave this stuff in! TIA!

TruMe

When ya'll pre-poo what are you shampooing with and what are your results? I want to start using amla oil as a pre-poo so it doesn't go to waste but would I have to wash with a non-sulfate poo? Or have you ladies seen results with washing with a sulfate poo? Seems like the sulfate would just undo all the goodness the pre-poo did...which is why I don't pre-poo. But I don't wanna leave this stuff in! TIA!

I completely agree with you on not doing the pre-poo because it seems more of a waste when you shampoo but I started something different by using the pre-poo after I shampoo. I use tea tree oil and moroccan oil mixed with a cheap moisturizing conditioner(V05). I leave it in for a little while and then rinse out. Then I continue with my normal conditioner. This seemed to work very well so I guess you would call it a "post-poo." :grin:

LaFemmeNaturelle

I completely agree with you on not doing the pre-poo because it seems more of a waste when you shampoo but I started something different by using the pre-poo after I shampoo. I use tea tree oil and moroccan oil mixed with a cheap moisturizing conditioner(V05). I leave it in for a little while and then rinse out. Then I continue with my normal conditioner. This seemed to work very well so I guess you would call it a "post-poo." :grin:

Yeah I was thinking of doing it as an oil rinse. Do you think the after conditioning would be enough to mask the smell?

ETA: Ya know what? It doesn't smell THAT bad! I hadn't actually smelled it I was just going off of what other ladies said. But I just smelled it so I think I will do it as an oil rinse. Thanks for your reply!

Last edited: