What Is Everyone Using On Their Scalp?

uniquev11

I have had a hard time figuring out what I can use on my scalp to relieve the dryness.
I didn't have any dry scalp problems when I was using petrolatum/mineral oil products on it, but since I have stopped it is hard to find something that coats my scalp for a long period.
Maybe all of you can give me some ideas.

Thanks!

Tracy

I don't know much about a dry scalp (mine is oily - which can be a little gross) but I do know that if you had a good thing going that you abandoned - and you are not seeing a benefit from your change - my first advice would be to do what works for you.

Many people say silicone is no good for the hair (long or short term - the arguments against it vary) but I have NEVER had a problem. Ever. The result - I SEEK OUT silicone products, despite the hype - because they work for me. No matter what other folks say, you know your hair best. Sometimes there are things you don't know and a suggestion that you never thought of becomes a positive turning point in your quest for healtheir hair and scalp. But when your hair so pointedly "objects" to a change my approach is to just listen to it and give what it wants. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CICI24

I like to use castor oil on my scalp mixed with an essential of either cinnamon, or peppermint.

Sindeee

I use Carol's Daughter Khoret Ahmen Oil & African Royale's Daily Doctor, leave in conditioner. It keeps my hair & scalp very moisturized. I also use Kemi Lab's Shea Butter Pomade whenever I twist my hair. Soon, I'll try the curl activator everyone's talking about.

<font color="red">S</font color><font color="purple">I</font color> <font color="orange">N</font color><font color="green">D</font color><font color="pink">E</font color><font color="blue">E</font color><font color="yellow">E</font color>

Valerie

I use Castor oil, mixed with WGO on my scalp and ends. <font color="blue"> </font color>

sweetcocoa

I currently don't use anything(I believe the evening primrose oil and flaxseed oil softgels have something to do with this...) <font color="blue">but</font color> if it does start to feel dry this winter, I'm planning on using joboba oil.

adrienne0914

right now, i'm using a peanut-oil based medication called Derma-Smooth. when my scalp isn't acting crazy, i like to make my own oil mixes with jojoba or sweet almond oil as the base. both of these are very light.

sindee, i thought using curl activator on the scalp was a good idea. girrrrrrrrrl... no! it makes it itch like nobody's business. so i avoid putting it directly on my scalp. just so you know.... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

scorpio

My scalp is naturally oily too. Strangely enough, I used to have dandruff, but since I have been using WGO on my scalp-no dandruff and it does keep my scalp well-oiled as well.

tc_333

At night, I part my hair and apply jojoba oil to my scalp (am thinking of mixing some rosemary oil in my jojoba oil, especially if I can get to the health food store today!). I use the wild growth on my hair only....but upon Scorpio's experience, maybe I'll try using just the Wild Growth oil on my scalp for a week and seeing how it goes!

H

HoneyRockette

I too have a super oily scalp but this winter, since I will have braids I am going to try the Rosemary and Sage rinse by Aubrey's.

Elyse

<font color="blue">
I used to get dandruff when I shampooed, but since I have been doing the No 'Poo method, I have no dandruff and I put nothing on my scalp /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

hairfanatic

Hi Uniquev,

In the Winter and when my hair is itchy I use a little of the Earthly Delight Hair Growth Pomade (see below)

Ingredients: Coconut oil, virgin olive oil, chlorophyll, essential oils of sage, nettles, rosemary and bergamot.

PracticallyMe

High Powered Lurker
That's funny, just thinking about it, I don't use anything specifically for my scalp. I'm sure the stuff I use on my hair gets on my scalp though. I mostly use the the curl activators to keep my hair moist and wildgrowth oil sporadically. I guess the Flax seed oil and the evening of primrose capsules keep my scalp from getting dry.

babyblue

I used to oil and grease my scalp often now i dont put anything on it anymore because i believe thats what was aggravating my dandruff problem all these years. Now i only add oil/grease to the hair only. my scalp feels much better now i and i have less dandruff and build up. I realized that my scalp produces its own oil i just have to make sure to massage my scalp to distribute it and its working cause my scalp hasn't felt dry for over a year now.

uniquev11

Thanks for your responses!
It seems like most of you are using essential oils.
I am going to try a product that I saw in the beauty supply store that has jojoba oil and olive oil in it and see what happens.