WHAT IS THE BEST FLAT IRON FOR NATURAL 4B HAIR..

Best flat Iron for natural 4b hair?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phoenix14

I think I might get the GVP. I rarely flat iron my hair so its not really worth my dropping hundreds of dollars

ryanshope

I just got a good deal on one on ebay--I will PM you.

Thanks for bumping this thread. I was about the purchase the Maxiglide from HSN.

Anyone else purchase a RUSK? Where can I get a good deal? I have a CHI with no temp control, and I'd prefer something else.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Hey Ediese ~ you're in H-town, right? You can find a RUSK with a carrying case, for about $40. It's not the same as my STR8, but I bet it's good. I'm a Ruskaholic, now. They make great hair products AND tools.

I did my hair on Thursday - one pass. Straight as a fresh relaxer. BONE STRATE.

kinkylyfe

I am a 4a/b all natural (no texlax, no relax, no tex.etc.) I used the maxiglide once and my hair was frizzy at the ends, it didnt straighten my ends properly. I returned it and purchased the FHI and it works wonders on my hair! I will admit a girlfriend on mine purchased the CHI and I used it on the front on my hair which is 4a and my it straightened really nice and silky however, I didn't use the CHI on the middle/lower back of my hair which is a tight 4b.
Lastly, I believe you should use VERY small/ thin pieces of hair when flat ironing inorder to straighten it smooth from roots to ends, especially in the tightly coiled areas. Now, that I have the FHI, I need to locate a GREAT heat protector!

Mandy4610

Since starting this thread, I have purchased a Sedu and a Maxiglide. I dont get relaxer straingt with sedu alone, but I do with Maxiglide.
MY preference is to use Maxiglide for the first pass and Sedu for the second pass, WHY, because Maxiglide gives me straight and Sedu gives me me smooth and bouncy:look:. Thats just what works for ME and I have two flat irons so I use them!