WHAT IS THE BEST FLAT IRON FOR NATURAL 4B HAIR..

Best flat Iron for natural 4b hair?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moonglowdiva

My daughter is natural and the sedu get hair hair super straight. That's the only reason why I kept the Sedu because other than that I would have sold them. I do not like them for my texlaxed hair. I voted Sedu for natural.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Can you please tell me what about the sedu you didn't like for texlaxed hair? I'm transitioning to texlaxed.:look:

SexyCap

I have a Sedu and I loved it when my hair was relaxed. I haven't tried it on my TWA yet because I'm afraid of heat damage. I may try it in a few months when my hair gets longer. Can anyone recommend a good heat protectant that will enhance the straightening power of the flat iron or help hair not revert so quickly?

"D"

Mandy4610

I have a Sedu and I loved it when my hair was relaxed. I haven't tried it on my TWA yet because I'm afraid of heat damage. I may try it in a few months when my hair gets longer. Can anyone recommend a good heat protectant that will enhance the straightening power of the flat iron or help hair not revert so quickly?

"D"
People seem to be ranting and raving about Sabino moisture block...I have it too, but I am yet to prove that it works.
I am not sure how good of a heat protectant it is,but apparently it is the best for preventing reversion. CHI silk infusion is another one I have read great things about.

Def not the sedu - used to have it - but even at the highest settings - my hair didnt come out "straight enough" but rather frizzy and my hair puffed up entirely within 2 hours. I suggest the Babyliss Pro TT flat iron - it's my natural hair savior!

sugaplum

Star Shooter
I voted for Maxiglide :up: Even though I am texlaxed now, I remember using it when i was natural and my hair came out very nice.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

i thoroughly dislike maxiglide...it was hard to handle and my hair didn't have alot of movement like usual. i returned it. it also pulled alot of my hair out...i was not pleased at all.

my stylist used a chi turbo last week and i did not like the results as much as when she uses the rusk iron...i thought chi, now we're talking, but :nono:...maybe she had the temperature kinda low??? results were quite different, i'm still sold on the rusk.

Eclass215

I have both the maxiglide and the Chi, but I only use the Chi. I haven't used my maxiglide since 2005 because I love my Chi so much.

MoMo

thanks for sharing this MoMo! Everyone's hair looked awesome! I am going to save the link to refer to later. Thanks again for sharing.

You're welcome! I tried this technique on my mother using the FHI Hot Sauce and my Sedu and her came out beautifully. Let's just say, I'll be doing her hair from now on.

morehairplease

Rusk is the bomb...I have compaired it to a CHI and a Sedu...and I returned them both...my rust is well insulated so it will not burn your fingers...plus it is ergonomical...and has a swival cord thingy...

hi there,

Do you mind me asking which one you have?

tia,
tishee

RecipeBABY

well i got the generic brand of the chi.. chi is awsome . although my iron doesn't have the label it does give me the same results.. its all about the type of plates and temp settings.. if it goes up to 400 degress.. great if it has the ion or japanees(spell check) plates its does the job..

you just have to make sure you have a leave in conditioner in your hair after you wash it clean and some heat protectant .. and part nice small sections so you can run a comb or brush thru your hair to make sure its smooth.. before you flat iron.. the point is.. the lower the setting for temp is on an iron or the low quality of the plates will cause you to keep flat ironing the same section over and over. and b/c the setting is not hot enough it wont hold the press that long.

i have heard great things about maxiglide it add moisture and has detangling plates and im looking for a sale.. so my votes are chi #1 and maxiglide #2

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Hi there,

Which rusk iron does she use?

tia,
tishee
domini stylists are pretty secretive and i can't tell the model, i'll keep trying to sneak, i think it may have rubbed off...

i bought the sally's version of chi with red roses, i'll try it tomorrow and i'll let you guys know what i think. it was $60 after a $10 coupon...i hope it's great...this is my first big purchase...my other was a $20 walmart brand....don't laugh! it was pretty good, and it did the trick for my meager uses...but i've moved up in the world thanks to lhcf. i still couldn't part with a whole $100 bucks just yet....:nono: i'm big timin' it with that knockoff chi LOL!

Nya33

I voted other. Ive had a wahl cutek for 3 years and it straightens perfect every time. If i was to buy another iron i would buy one with a temp control, nt sure if its a chi or fhi.

Whimsy

I voted for maxiglide. It's the TRUTH!!! Some girls at my job think I'm lying when I tell them I haven't gotten a relaxer since August 2007. When I come in with maxiglide straightened hair they all assume I've gotten a touch up!

I love my maxiglide, I wish I got a cut of the proceeds cuz I've put so many people on to it and they all love it. It was the only thing to really get my natural hair bone straight back when I was 100% natural.

Now, it's the only thing getting me through this transition!

darlingdiva

I'm a 4a/b fine-haired natural and I have a T3 (Medium Duality) with temperature control. I flat-ironed on Tuesday and, although I need to perfect my flat-ironing technique, it got my hair straight on one pass. I had it turned up to 300 degrees. It's really easy to curl with, too.

GabbanaGirl

I am probably the oddball out of the group....LOL I use a regular Kizure flat iron (the one that goes in the stove) I have tried the CHI and other's and my hair started to thin out pretty badly, and it did a number on my ends. I tried lowering the heat, but my hair didn't get as straight as I liked (I like bone straight flat).....Soooo I made the switch back to my old trusty iron (although I am NOT using heat in 09).

morehairplease

I'm a 4a/b fine-haired natural and I have a T3 (Medium Duality) with temperature control. I flat-ironed on Tuesday and, although I need to perfect my flat-ironing technique, it got my hair straight on one pass. I had it turned up to 300 degrees. It's really easy to curl with, too.

thanks for sharing darlingdiva. I saw this one on sephora.com and wondered about it. My hair is fine(4 a/b) and dense. Currently, I am growing my hair out,still debating about whether or not I will continue relaxing or transition to natural.