Votes: 12 17.4%
  • Fantasia IC hair polisher serum

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Other. please name in your reply

Votes: 27 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sweetascocoa

Im currently looking for the a very good heat protectant for flat ironing. im a 4b natural. never tried the fantasia one but ive heard good reviews and im a fan of the gel. never tried the biosilk but i heard it has alcohol but im willing to risk it if the reviews ive seen are true and i dont plan to flat iron often. maybe once in 3 months. ive also heard about the redken heat glide but im not a fan of redken products ever since i tried the all soft conditioner and it made my hair all hard. if you have any other good ones, please name them. tia!

HoneyDew

I chose other.

Inspired by my all time favorite, Keracare Silken Seal, I use straight Dimethicone with a little Hemp Seed oil that I add to it for moisture.

I am relaxed, but I have a friend who is 4b Natural and she uses the same mixture as well.

sweetascocoa

i will eliminate NTM serum but i used that and my hair was dry! that stuff doesnt work for me. in fact, all the NTM products dont work for me. ladies please your suggestions coming. i plan to buy one of these products today

BahaGirl

I've been searching this board all week for the best serum and I'm still confused! There are too many "favorites" on here. Can someone who has tried just about EVERY serum out there give a "favorite." I have permed 4b hair. My hairdresser uses BioSilk and I like it but I heard it has alcohol, SO what else works good?

Toosexy-
I hope you don't mind me taking over. :)

sweetascocoa

oh i dont mind at all. i have my mind set on the biosilk but i can always return it from where ill buy it. then ill try the fantasia IC next. and since i love paul mitchell, i might try that. in fact, maybe ill get all 3 products!! :(

BahaGirl

My hairdresser uses BioSilk and it's great. My hair feels so silky after she uses it and I haven't had a perm in 8 weeks. BUT I do notice that my hair starts to feel a little dry after two days. So I want to know are there any better ones out there. I noticed the other hairdresser in the shop uses NeXus so I want to know which one is better.....

MizaniMami

Nexxus has a serum. Never tried it though. Loreal Vive's serum is good to. I also hear Pantene's serum is good.

Neroli

NEXXUS DESIGN SHINE SERUM: 1oz - $12 (purchased over 3 years ago)
Ingredients: cyclomethicone, dimethicone, panthenol, phytantriol, silk amino acids, keratin amino acids, fragrance. This is an excellent heat protectant that leaves hair smooth, silky with glistening shine, great everything!

FANTASIA HIGH POTENCY IC HAIR POLISHER SUPER CONCENTRATED DROPSs: 6oz - $5
Ingredients: cyclomethicone , Dimethicone , Phenyl Trimethicone , Aloe Extract , Benzophenone-3 , Fragrance). This is a good, cheaper alternative for heat protection.

However, nexxus added some excellent moisturizing and strengthing ingredients (in addition to heat protection) and IMO, was superior all the way around, better "slip", better shine, better "feel", better spreadiblity, everything was good for me with this serum and I would use this if I HAD to use heat again, I still have 2/3 of an ounce from 2 years ago when I quit the heat . . .

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm a confirmed, unrepentent nexxus junkie . . .

biosilk! biosilk! biosilk! But seriously it made my recent blowout last forever too. the only con i can possibly think of is the alcohol within the contents. I think i even wanna venture and try their shampoos and conditioners..

sweetascocoa

carribean_dream said:
biosilk! biosilk! biosilk! But seriously it made my recent blowout last forever too. the only con i can possibly think of is the alcohol within the contents. I think i even wanna venture and try their shampoos and conditioners..
doesnt it make your hair dry after a few days because of the alcohol?

sareca

Nexxus has a leave-in. I can't remember what's called, but it is also a heat protectant.

BahaGirl

I'm still confused. Usually theres a consensus on a lot of products on here but I can't find one for serums.

Neroli

sareca said:
Nexxus has a leave-in. I can't remember what's called, but it is also a heat protectant.

Could be you're thinking of NEXXUS HEADDRESS, which is a creamy leave-in that I would use in addition to the serum -- headdress doesn't have 'cones in, so far as I can tell, so it's does not provide optimum heat protection. It is more of a water-based moisturizing leave in.

Iingredients: Water (Aqua), Panthenol, Cetyl Alcohol, Wheat Flour (Triticum Vulgare) Lipids, Keratin Amino Acids, Tocopheryl Acetate, Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Oil, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Sterol, Ceramide 3, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Alpha-glucan Oligo-saccharide, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Magnesium Citrate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Stearalkonium Chloride, Peg-75 Lanolin, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Polysorbate 60, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum).

I've been using for over 10 years, well before LHCF and the formula hasn't changed -- although I understand nexxus is revamping their line, so maybe they will change it. Anyway this is a great leave-in for those trying to avoid 'cones and O hope they don't start putting 'cones in this, cause its getting harder and harder to find hair products without 'cones these days . . .

DigitalRain

Redken Heat Glide has been my friend for a long time. I like Aveda Brilliant but its not as protective IMO as Heat glide.

Suri

Keracare Silken Seal.

Although I have used Redken Smooth...it's okay but Keracare is much better.

LABETT

Redken Heat Glide
BBD Flat Iron Silkening Lotion followed by BBD keala Oil-soft,shiny & silky hair
I have Keracare Silken Seal have not tried it yet.

BaBy_PhAt

Salaam,

I use biosilk and I also use Smoothing Design Shine, and Hair Glow Anti Frizz Smoother both of these are from NeXus. I am currently stretching my relaxers, and I find these 3 serums do my hair some great justice. I love them all.

sweetascocoa

i bought the redken heat glide today. ok, thats it, im staying away from this topic. but im still going to buy the keracare