What Is Your Favourite Moisturizing Deep Conditioner?

Alma Petra

Because the last similar thread I found was from 2014.

Please tell us:

1. DC name and why is it your favourite DC?
2. How many moisture days does it give you?
3. Does it contain any proteins?
4. Is it necessary to use heat to get its benefits?
5. For how long do you need to leave it on before rinsing out?
6. What is your porosity?

Feel free to tell us about more than one DC if you would like.

naturalagain2

Keracare Humecto
Moisture until next wash day but I still moisturize before then.
No proteins which is why I love it.
You don't have to use any heat, works just as good. But if I have the time, I sit under the dryer.
I leave it on for 20mins.
I believe I have normal porosity

VictoriousBrownFlower

Myhoneychild honey hair mask
It has 100% natural ingredients that makes me feel like my hair is being nourished from within
It deeply moisturizes my hair
It's effective and cheap

Until next wash day

No

No but if I'm using products with protein in it ie eco styler etc I will

30 min with a plastic cap

Normal

Evolving78

I’m going to hold my place, since this is wash day and I’m trying out something different. Will be back next wash day in a few days.
It’s A 10 Mask
I have chemically treated hair (bleached, colored, relaxed) so I have high porosity ends
It is very moisturizing, and gives great slip. It works well for my new growth and my relaxed ends.
I don’t have to go searching for anything else anymore!
You don’t have to use heat
And it works well within 15 mins. If your hair is severely dry, I would do 30 mins with no heat, but that’s it. Anything else is overkill and could cause moisture overload. I would follow the instructions.

And I don’t mix anything with it. If I have to start adding stuff to a deep conditioner, then I consider it trash and not effective. I pay for quality and you don’t need a lot. People need to learn the proper technique of apply conditioner. If you run through a bottle a month, something is wrong with your cleansing process, or you are heavy handed. The product should melt into the hair. If you see a bunch of product sitting on your hair, you are just being wasteful.

Last edited:

Britt

Because the last similar thread I found was from 2014.

Please tell us:

Darcy's Pumpkin seed -- it's a staple for years. It's just the most moisturizing and softening conditioner out there for me. It melts my hair, relaxed or natural. It's awesome after using protein, I particularly LOVE it after using Nexxus Emergencee.
Hmmm, Idk.. maybe close to a week. I wash weekly.
I don't think so
I do. It's amazing with a steamer or a heating cap.
I can leave it for hours or just 15 minutes under a heating cap. It's just a great dc for me.
Normal
Feel free to tell us about more than one DC if you would like.
My next favorite dc since Idk if Darcy's is shut down for good would have to be Naturelle Grow's marshmallow conditioner.

Smiley79

1. DC name and why is it your favourite DC?: I don't have just one right now because I am going through a stash of DCs. But the ones that made a great impression so far are: Naturelle Grow sweet greens; Naturelle Grow Marshmallow; Shea Moisture High Porosity mask and Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Mask; Mielle Organics Babassu;

2. How many moisture days does it give you? A week

3. Does it contain any proteins? Mielle Organics does

4. Is it necessary to use heat to get its benefits? Not necessary. I love putting on 2 plastic caps and putting a beanie on.

5. For how long do you need to leave it on before rinsing out? I choose 30 minutes

6. What is your porosity? Not sure now

SimplyWhole

Keracare Humecto Moisture until next wash day but I still moisturize before then.
No proteins which is why I love it.
Have you tried Kera Cara Moisturizing conditioner? I'm looking for a comparison. I have the moisturizing conditioner - it gives me amazing slip. Wondering if I should try the Humecto

naturalagain2

Have you tried Kera Cara Moisturizing conditioner? I'm looking for a comparison. I have the moisturizing conditioner - it gives me amazing slip. Wondering if I should try the Humecto
I'm not sure. I kinda coat it a lot because I buy it by the tub because it last forever so it gives enough slip to detangle well. My girls and I have very coily hair and this moisturizes and detangles very well especially after you let it sit the recommended time and even more so when you add heat. The only other conditioner I've used from Keracare has been the Dry & Itchy Scalp Moisturizing Conditioner. That was just as moisturizing and had slip maybe a tad more than humecto and was scalp soothing w/ menthol and peppermint I think.

SimplyWhole

Thanks, I think I will order the tub and they don't have a moisturizing tub.

I'm not sure. I kinda coat it a lot because I buy it by the tub because it last forever so it gives enough slip to detangle well. My girls and I have very coily hair and this moisturizes and detangles very well especially after you let it sit the recommended time and even more so when you add heat. The only other conditioner I've used from Keracare has been the Dry & Itchy Scalp Moisturizing Conditioner. That was just as moisturizing and had slip maybe a tad more than humecto and was scalp soothing w/ menthol and peppermint I think.

nymane

Joico Moisture Recovery Balm and Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator...it's pretty much a tie
Typically until wash day, but I do still moisturize every few days just to be safe
Yes, but the presence of protein doesn't make them protein DCs...both are intensely moisturizing
I think heat makes it penetrate better
20 mins
Without the right products my hair is high porosity, but since using Joico and other products with low ph levels (consistently), my porosity is completely normal (maybe even low-porosity now).

PJaye

This is a current listing of my favorites, the crème de la crème of my DC stash:

- APB Not Easily Broken DC (contains SAA; hair is left extremely moisturized and emollient with a measure of strength – I use this DC when I want more oomph with a kick of strength)

- Bask & Bloom Brahmi Masque (contains wheat protein; hair is left moisturized and highly strengthened...highly! – I use this when I need more strength after having had a protein treatment; the hair stays sufficiently strengthened for weeks afterward)

- BM Beeutiful DC (contains no protein; hair is left silky soft and moisturized – I use this product to maintain the status quo when no other need has made itself known)

- CRN Algae Renew DC (contains algae; hair is left nicely moisturized, emollient and ridiculously buttery soft – I use this when I desire the highest level of oomph along with a subtle kick of strength; often used prior to straightening)

- Curl Origin Overnight Mask (contains no protein; hair is left soft, moisturized and somewhat emollient – I use this product to regain normalcy after chelating)

- DB Pumpkin Seed DC (contains oat protein; hair is left silky soft and moisturized – I typically use this DC to regroup when sucky finishing products have made my hair hard, rough or stiff)

- Mielle Babassu & Mint DC (contains several amino acids; hair is left silky soft and moisturized – I reach for this DC when I want to maintain balance)

- Miss Jessie’s Rapid Recovery & Sweetback Treatment (contains wheat and soy proteins respectively; hair is left silky soft and moisturized; the Rapid Recovery produces a tiny bit more of the silky softness than its counterpart – I use this DC when I want a quick, effective wash session)

- NG Herbal Blends DC / Mango & Coconut Water DC / Marshmallow Root & Slippery Elm DC / Jamaica DC / Intense DC (all of these leave the hair feeling silky, ultra soft and moisturized – I use these DCs when I require an abundance of slip, moisture and softness, which is usually after hard protein treatments)

- CJ Repair Me (contains keratin and yeast; hair is left silky soft and moisturized with a snag of strength – I use this when I have no time for a full blown session and need a product that will provide me with an excess of slip, moisture, softness and a slight protein kick in as little time as possible)

- ORS Hair Mayo (contains collagen, keratin, egg and cholesterol; hair rinses silky soft and moisturized with a definite kick of strength -I use this when I want a harder punch of protein without the hardness)

Each of these DCs will provide me with a minimum of 5 days of moisture.

Some do, as outlined above.

No. One of my foremost requirements for a DC is efficacy without heat. If it needs heat in order to work, I usually pass it by.

I typically use them for at least an hour.

Normal.

Kurlee

Joico MR Balm - fail proof!

3. Does it contain any proteins? Yes, keratin.

4. Is it necessary to use heat to get its benefits? Heat enhances

5. For how long do you need to leave it on before rinsing out? 30 minutes

6. What is your porosity? Normal/Low