What Is Your Hair Lovin' Right Now?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
What particular Product, Technique and/or Style is Your Hair Lovin' Right now?

Even if it is "being left alone" Is it PS'ing, Color, a particular product?

I know I have been killing some Lotions this Summer. I am OD'ing on Hair Lotions!

So I got Curious and wondered what you Ladies can't get enough of right now!

Please share.......:blah: You may be able to help someone.

Cendra

Two things:
  • A long overdue 2-inch trim. I should've searched and destroyed last year but kept putting it off. Ended up with constant knots and split ends and finally trimmed a few weeks ago. Looks and feel so much better!
  • Weekly deep conditioning in the sauna at the gym: I apply Queen Helene Cholesterol Conditioner, wrap up and let the heat take over. Hair stays soft, strong and detangles easily.

@IDareT'sHair - which lotions are you using? Any DIYs in the mix?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Cendra
Nah...I'm not a Mixtress. Probably too much 'trial & error' :laugh:

I can see me now messin' up a bunch of stuff.:look:

I've been using a variety. Right now I'm using: SSI's Coco Crème.

I just finished up some Bear Fruit Hair, Hair Lotions

I also have several others that I'll use this Summer:
Purabody Naturals Murumuru Lotion
SSI's Cranberry
Hydratherma Naturals Lotion
Annabelle's Perfect Blends
Hydroquench Systems Greaseless Moisture
Soultanicals Knot Sauce
Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia Hair Lotion

curlyhersheygirl

I'm loving heavy sealing with either a pomade or butter immediately after rinsing out the conditioner. Doing this keeps the moisture in my hair longer.

Naturelle Grow's sweet plantain is my favorite LI right now.

My favorite hair tool is the scalp invigorator.

My kids are loving Jakeala's Flaxseed gel and HTN's aloe twisting cream.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'm loving heavy sealing with either a pomade or butter immediately after rinsing out the conditioner. Doing this keeps the moisture in my hair longer.

@curlyhersheygirl

That turned out to be a Huge Hit didn't it? All of their stuff is good tho'.:lick:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

@curlyhersheygirl

I may try this. I tried it not too long ago on a 'fluke' with JBCO and it worked great.

But I didn't keep it up.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
My hair is loving this clay mix. It has aloe vera, honey powder, slippery elm, and bentonite clay. I cant wait to try it out with rhassoul in place of the bentonite. I make it really creamy but border line watery, I am able to finger detangle with it because of the slippery elm and rinsing it out, my hair is juicy.

I cant stand to have too much aloe vera in my hair unless its in a gel (for the gel cast but it gets broken up after I scrunch) but for some reason its not bothering me in the clay mixture. I use Georges Aloe. I was keeping a watch out to see if I would have to switch it up with ACV but so far so good AND I froze it. Thawed out perfectly.

spacetygrss

-Smoothing my leave-in conditioner through my hair section-by-section , instead of pouring some in my hand and working through my hair. This has helped prevent tangles a ton!
-Heavy sealing with butters, even in the hot weather.
-I've only been using protein spray for a few days and my hair already feels stronger.

GGsKin

My hair loves a watery (read really loose) clay mix with silk amino acids. It's also great for detangling.

My hair is loving being oiled when wet, with grapeseed and sunflower oils. I do this on wash days. I notice that I do not need to remoisturise my hair and I could easily go beyond my next wash day (I was about twice a week).

My hair prefers and (my pocket) loves KCCC when it is heavily diluted with water.

lana

Paul Mitchell - The Detangler.

My hair feels like butter and detangles easily after using that and I'm 4a/b - so that's saying something.

Sleeping with conditioner on my hair before wash day. I retained more length doing that in the past and I've decided to go back to it. Obviously upping my moisture level was the key. My hair loves moisture. :)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@KPH

Putting more "Roo" in your "Doo" Uh? :laugh:

I was thinking about a replacement for VO5/Henna Rinse-Out, so, I may try this as a replacement.

Thanks for posting this.:kiss: This was a lightbulb moment.

Last edited:

InBloom

In my new-growth
My hair is loving frequent washings, followed by conditioning under a plastic cap for 30 minutes minimum. I use sulfate-free shampoo all the time.

I clarify/chelate on occasion.

Always~Wear~Joy

-My hair loves rod sets. They last a long time and hold up in the gym. Looks better as it gets older and turns into a curly fro

-It's a 10 cream. My stylist used it and my hair was very soft

-Another love is Shescentit Avocado conditioner.