What Is Your Name?

Bad&Bougee

Our God-given names, writes St. John (Rev. 2:17), won’t be made known until the end of time. Then we’ll finally know how God used us, what God’s plan was for us, and who we really are in relation to him.

.....we faintly hear the sound of our new name on the lips of Jesus. Think of how many times in Scripture he changed people’s names: Saul to Paul, Simon to Peter, Jacob to Israel. The Babylonian Talmud and Midrash Rabbah even noticed that when God changed Abram’s name to Abraham, and Hoshea’s name to Joshua, he added a letter from his own Name, Jehovah. He added an H to Abraham, and a J/Y to Joshua. Receiving this influx of power, Abraham, a sterile old man, was able to conceive Isaac, and Joshua was able to conquer the Promised Land.[7]

Has anyone heard their God given name whispered before? How did you feel when you heard it? Did you know that your name was being spoken?

http://livingchurch.org/covenant/2017/01/02/the-secret-name-of-god/

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Hmm, interesting... I will have to ask Him about that. Given that the word "name" in the Greek and Hebrew means, "authority, power, cause, nature, character," I would assume it would align with the rewards He will bestow upon us.

I know me and many people I know have earthly names with meaning that matches some current and/or future aspect of their nature.

Bad&Bougee

Hmm, interesting... I will have to ask Him about that. Given that the word "name" in the Greek and Hebrew means, "authority, power, cause, nature, character," I would assume it would align with the rewards He will bestow upon us.

I know me and many people I know have earthly names with meaning that matches some current and/or future aspect of their nature.

Yes, it is interesting.

I like to know the names of individuals who's name's have meaning. Not that others aren't interesting but name's with meaning are special. Amazingly, most are befitting.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Yes, it is interesting.

I like to know the names of individuals who's name's have meaning. Not that others aren't interesting but name's with meaning are special. Amazingly, most are befitting.
The thought popped in my head that our future last (family) name may be "Elohim" as in we are in and of Him, a position of leadership along side Him. That would explain why Yahshua quoted Psalm 82:6 when He said, "Is it written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'?"

Bad&Bougee

The thought popped in my head that our future last (family) name may be "Elohim" as in we are in and of Him, a position of leadership along side Him. That would explain why Yahshua quoted Psalm 82:6 when He said, "Is it written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'?"

Learned something new today! I'm going to do more research on this topic because you are on to something.

I started this thread because of an experience I had. A couple of nights ago my deceased Grandmother came to me while sleeping. She called out this name, twice. And then she called my name twice. I can not pronounce the name she initially called out. The sound of the name is..............I can't really describe it. I've heard this name once before several years ago (10+) during a similar experience in which I now know that God was speaking my name.

I awoke and was immediately led to the Scripture that helped me to understand what my Grandmother came to tell me. The next afternoon, an unbeknownst family member confirmed the meaning/message of the Scripture during a phone call they made to me.

I can't say the experience with my Grandmother was strange because I have these often enough that I have grown comfortable with them but this one has me perplexed because I distinctly heard my name this time.

I can't be the only one this has happened to.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Learned something new today! I'm going to do more research on this topic because you are on to something.

I started this thread because of an experience I had. A couple of nights ago my deceased Grandmother came to me while sleeping. She called out this name, twice. And then she called my name twice. I can not pronounce the name she initially called out. The sound of the name is..............I can't really describe it. I've heard this name once before several years ago (10+) during a similar experience in which I now know that God was speaking my name.

I awoke and was immediately led to the Scripture that helped me to understand what my Grandmother came to tell me. The next afternoon, an unbeknownst family member confirmed the meaning/message of the Scripture during a phone call they made to me.

I can't say the experience with my Grandmother was strange because I have these often enough that I have grown comfortable with them but this one has me perplexed because I distinctly heard my name this time.

I can't be the only one this has happened to.
It may be a hint to something in your future, a part of why you are here. This is a new one to me, and I have read and experienced the supernatural quite a bit over the years. Have you had a revelation about the scroll of your life?

A blessing to the poly-variegated wisdom of Yah (Ephesians 3:10), for it has no bounds. Amen.

Bad&Bougee

It may be a hint to something in your future, a part of why you are here. This is a new one to me, and I have read and experienced the supernatural quite a bit over the years. Have you had a revelation about the scroll of your life?

A blessing to the poly-variegated wisdom of Yah (Ephesians 3:10), for it has no bounds. Amen.

I have not had a revelation about my scroll. Not a deliberate revelation. I have an undenying feeling that I was put here to help others but it has not been revealed to me. Maybe I'm already doing it and don't realize it. Although, I do always seem to be in the right place at the right time.

Ephesians 3:10 is said to be one of Paul's most clearest verses. It is a powerful verse and I will start there and see where it takes me. Proverbs 3:5-6 is stuck in my mind. Once I start reading I'm sure He will lead me.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I have not had a revelation about my scroll. Not a deliberate revelation. I have an undenying feeling that I was put here to help others but it has not been revealed to me. Maybe I'm already doing it and don't realize it. Although, I do always seem to be in the right place at the right time.

Ephesians 3:10 is said to be one of Paul's most clearest verses. It is a powerful verse and I will start there and see where it takes me. Proverbs 3:5-6 is stuck in my mind. Once I start reading I'm sure He will lead me.
Oh yeah, you could be already. I got an image of Yah breaking off bits of a scroll and feeding it to someone I could not see. Could it be like that?

That verse, along with the others around it, is a big reminder to stay loose, flexible, and ready because we never know either what Yah will have us do, or how things will turn out. It amazes me to see certain things work out when I rest in Him; being consistent in that is the hard part. *sigh*

Bad&Bougee

Yes, it's exactly like that, being fed bits and pieces. And thank you for the reminder to be loose and flexible. I have no idea how this will unfold so I have to be open enough to receive it. Unfortunately you are correct about the difficulty to be consistent and Still. I'm always wanting to"do" so my daily mantra is "Be still and know that I am God."

I always enjoy and appreciate your insight and wisdom. Thank you @Sharpened!

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Yes, it's exactly like that, being fed bits and pieces. And thank you for the reminder to be loose and flexible. I have no idea how this will unfold so I have to be open enough to receive it. Unfortunately you are correct about the difficulty to be consistent and Still. I'm always wanting to"do" so my daily mantra is "Be still and know that I am God."

I always enjoy and appreciate your insight and wisdom. Thank you @Sharpened!
You're welcome! It helped me as well. :)