What is Your Perfect Protein Combination (Topical Only)?

What's your perfect Protein Combination?

• Leave In Conditioners (Only)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oils (Only)

• Protein Shampoos (Only)

• Leave In Conditioners AND Oils with Protein

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reecie

Isn't it crazy how your hair can surprise you!!! You think you have a regimen down and then... BAM :stop:
your hair tells you differently. I know when my hair needs protein, which is when I will use a protein conditioner or leave in. But I never thought of using a protein shampoo, followed by a moisturizing conditioner. I tried this today and my results are heavenly. I am currently 8 weeks post when I was in the shower, I literally could rake my fingers through my hair from root to tip like it was fine silk. I've NEVER been able to do that before!!!

Well, for the past year+ I've been experimenting with different topical protein combinations and have tried everything from shampoos, conditioners, hardcore treatments, oil, serums, and leave ins. My staples protein products are:

1) Hardcore Protein Treatments (Aphoghee) Every 6 weeks religiously.
2) Protein Shampoo - Joico Kpak Reconstructor
3) Avocado Oil

My perfect protein combination: Joico Kpak Reconstructor Shampoo followed by a moisturizing DC (Humecto or AO Honey Suckle Rose). :love3::love4::love3:

When your hair is in need of protein, what is your knockout protein combination?

ceebee3

I love the Aphogee 2 step, I use it every 6-8 weeks.

Whenever I need a mild dose of protein I shampoo with Aphogee shampoo for damaged hair and follow that up with the 2 minute, then I deep condition with motions moisture plus.

It works every time. I tried using the protein leave-in conditioners but that was too much for my hair.

Reecie

I love the Aphogee 2 step, I use it every 6-8 weeks.

Whenever I need a mild dose of protein I shampoo with Aphogee shampoo for damaged hair and follow that up with the 2 minute, then I deep condition with motions moisture plus.

It works every time. I tried using the protein leave-in conditioners but that was too much for my hair.

I know, right?? My hair LOVES moisture too!!. Leave-in protein conditioners don't do it for me either. :nono: So I completely understand. It sounds like your combination for protein is practically the same as mine!!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I will Usually Co-Wash with Millcreek Keratin Conditioner or Jason Biotin. Follow up with either Joico K-Pak, Giovanni Nutra-Fix, Nexxus Keraphix, Tigi Dumb Blonde, Sebastian Penetraitt, Millennia Mud Volcanic Ash Reconstructor (or some kind of protein reconstructor)

Using Heat: i.e. Steamer, Heat Cap or Dryer; DC for 30 Minutes with either AO GPB or Ms. Key German D' Trigo (Wheat Germ DC) or Lamur Bone Marrow Penetrating Deep Conditioner.

Then DC for 30 with a Extremely Moisturizing DC Treatment (Brand will Vary).

My Leave-In is usually something Moisturizing as well. My Current Fav's are Alba Botanica Leave-In, AG Fast Food, Beauty w/o Cruelty and Alter Ego's Nourish Spa Nova-Care Leave In Conditioning Treatments.:yep:

ceebee3

Yep, pretty much. If I had stuck with just that I wouldn't have had a setback. I started co-washing with protein and using protein leave ins. I learned my lesson and will stick with what works.

Reecie

My Leave-In is usually something Moisturizing as well. My Current Fav's are Alba Botanica Leave-In, AG Fast Food, Beauty w/o Cruelty and Alter Ego's Nourish Spa Nova-Care Leave In Conditioning Treatments.:yep:

I have heard nothing but amazing reviews for this product. It looks like I will need to try it. In your opinion, how great is it? and how does it compare to your other staple leave ins?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I have heard nothing but amazing reviews for this product. It looks like I will need to try it. In your opinion, how great is it? and how does it compare to your other staple leave ins?

It's A really Good Product. But so are the others I listed. Personally, I like all the ones I listed equally.

However, If I weren't going for natural i.e. Alba or Beauty Without Cruelty, and I was only choosing one: I'd get AG Fast Food Leave-In.:yep:

Sonye93

Well my hair simply LOOOOOVES protein, BUT it also LOOOVES moisture (notice how there is less "O's" in the love before moisture :lol:). I use a protein every week.

1. Aphogee 2 min Reconstructor
2. ORS Replenishing Pak
WORKS WONDERS!!! LOL thats the reason why I can't wait 'til Friday/Saturday.

Reecie

Well my hair simply LOOOOOVES protein, BUT it also LOOOVES moisture (notice how there is less "O's" in the love before moisture :lol:). I use a protein every week.

1. Aphogee 2 min Reconstructor
2. ORS Replenishing Pak
WORKS WONDERS!!! LOL thats the reason why I can't wait 'til Friday/Saturday.

Wow. So I take it...your best protein combo is a protein/moisture co-wash? Did I get that right? I might have to try this!!:grin:

DarkHair

I recently discovered that my hair loves:
Joico K-pak reconstructor followed by Aussie 3-min deeeep (with honey added), and Jasmine's Bath and Body Hair leave-in detangler w/Aussies hair insurance leave-in. At 11 weeks post my hair really likes it.

chebaby

im still looking for a good natural protein conditioner. AO GPB i was using as a co wash here and there but its too light for when i REALLY need protein. joico and dumb blonde dont do it for me anymore so i dont know what to use. i even pre pood with aveda damage remedy conditioner and my hair was still too soft. it was mushy of anything but my hair is fine so i NEED protein. my hair loves it.

brucebettye

For me I learned that hard proteins are not for my hair. But I use Motions CPR shampoo and CPR protein conditioner and I follow up with their moisture plus shampoo or aussie moist mixed with olive oil. I do this once a week and it is working wonders for my hair.