What Kind of Bible should I use???

India08

Hey guys!
So I checked out the brooklyn Tabernacle Church online - and I felt some energy reading what they are all about. I do not have a Bible - can someone help me out?

pebbles

Hi! :wave:

My advice would be to get the bible that the pastor uses at your church during service. That way you can follow exactly, word for word, what is being read during service. :)

pebbles

Also, if you want a bible you can read at your leisure, pick something that's easy to read and understand. I like to read the NIV bible for leisure, but I have a special love for the King James Version. :)

sbg4evr

I am currently reading the Good News Study Bible with Deuterocanonicals/Apocrypha.

I love the language of the King James version.

star

Try a Parallel Bible which has King James Version(KJV) on one side of page and New Internaltional Version(NIV) on the other. KJV is closer to the original translation but NIV is easier to understand. I think we need both thats why I brought a "NIV/KJV Parallel Bible" I think this will be very helpful for you to understand the word. But don't forget to say a short prayer before you read so the Holy Spirit will give you proper understanding. :grin:

India08 said:
Hey guys!
So I checked out the brooklyn Tabernacle Church online - and I felt some energy reading what they are all about. I do not have a Bible - can someone help me out?

Chrissy811

I agree with Pebbles when at church it helps to use what your pastor uses because it is easier to follow and it helps if you have a church that reads out loud together. If you are new to all of this you might want to get something like the amplified or living bible that really brings clarity to the word. Go to the bookstore and read different verious and if you like it and can follow along easy buy it. I always use my amplified for personal study and mediation hope this helps.

Sweet C

I agree with Pebbles and star. You definitely want whatever version of the Bible that your church is reading and if you can get a parallel study bible with different versions in it that would also be great!