What Kind Of Voodoo Is In Wetline Gel?

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
What the heck is in this stuff that makes my hair react so differently from any other gel I've tried?
I noticed immediately while applying that it felt different from any other product I've used. The texture of the gel seemed so smooth. Not even leave in conditioners leave my hair this soft and it holds better than even gels that leave my hair dry and crispy. I could probably flat iron my hair and it would still look good with this applied heavily as a leave in lol. I wouldn't dare think such a thing about any other gel.

It's a Mexican product, perhaps they know something about hair gel that we don't :lol:. I'm almost afraid to use it :look:.
Anyone else love this stuff?

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen
It's just a really good gel. It gives you a little more shine and less crunchy feeling than Eco styler. It still almost holds better at the same time though.

The way it spreads is weird. It's hard to explain but I think I know what you're talking about when you say it's smoother.

I like this gel and Eco evenly for different things. Eco is wetter and better at setting the hair. Wetline is smoother and better for buns, imo.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Sure is, number one reason why I dont mess with eco styler.

@Chicoro got me stuck on this gel if Im not mistaken.

Yes, @shawnyblazes!
I love me some Wetline Xtreme gel! It's the only thing that holds the fuzzies down. I used to live in Mexico and all the young guys were wearing these huge mohawks, using their natural hair. So, I asked what they used. They said Wetline and Gorilla Snot. That's how I discovered it. I buy it by the tub. I have yet to see it in France. I am not sure if it is available in England.

Wetline .JPG

I buy the 1 kg jar (35 ounces). I have 3 of them right now and pick some up each time I am in the United States. The ingredients for anyone who may be interested are:

Water, carbomer, triethanolamine, polyacrylate, acid, glycerin, fragrance, phenylcarbinol, methylchloisthiazolinone, methylisotiazolinone, panthenol, aloe vera extract, tetrasodium EDTA, colorant FD&C violet #2.

(It's alcohol-free.) It's full of plastic and chemicals. I make a natural gel using peanut oil and guar gum, but it's not as versatile as the Wetline. Flax seed gel does nothing for my hair. Eco styler leaves my hair hard, dull and coated with flakes. I re-wet this and it seems to reactivate the gel until I completely wash it out during my weekly shampoo and condition sessions.

It's the best off the shelf gel I have found for my coarse, wiry, afro-textured hair.

Last edited:

werenumber2

I searched high and low for this stuff last week because I got tired of hearing y'all say how good it is. :laugh: Went to Target, Walgreens and Sally Beauty...NADA. I ended up buying it on Target.com with free shipping (in-store pick up wasn't available at my store) for 3 bucks and some change. I haven't used the Eco Styler variations in a while (and I was never that crazy about them anyway) but Wet Line feels totally different. Like Serena said, it goes on so smoothly. I was using the Camille Rose gel even after I promised myself I wasn't going to mess with coconut oil anymore and I already think I'm going to like this super cheapie gel better.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
I recommend getting it from Sally's or Walmart first. I got the one from dollar tree and the ingredients were different. That version didn't work.
Seriously? I had no idea. My jar is exactly like the pic posted above.

Has anyone made a custard with their wet line? It's too heavy for my wash n go's and my length so I'm thinking if I make a custard I'll still have hold but it'll be lighter.

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
It's just a really good gel. It gives you a little more shine and less crunchy feeling than Eco styler. It still almost holds better at the same time though.

The way it spreads is weird. It's hard to explain but I think I know what you're talking about when you say it's smoother.

I like this gel and Eco evenly for different things. Eco is wetter and better at setting the hair. Wetline is smoother and better for buns, imo.

I hated Ecostyle for my hair. I use it for my brows though lol