What Kind Of Voodoo Is In Wetline Gel?

Zaz

Really though, this ish got ACID in it!

Ingredients
WATER, CARBOMER, TRIETHANOLAMINE, POLYACRYLATE ACID, GLYCERIN, FRAGANCE, METHYLISOTIAZOLINONE, METHOXY, CINNAMIDOPROPYL HYDROXYSULTAINE, PANTHENOL, ALOE VERA EXTRACT, TETRASODIUM EDTA, COLORANT FD&C VIOLET #2

Im Good, Lol

It's a thickening agent :lol:

For reference, vinegar is acetic acid, lemon juice contains citric and ascorbic acid, milk has lactic acid... Acid isn't necessarily bad.

Last edited:

Anaisin

Just did my hair with it. If this braid/twist & curl doesn't turn out right (it rarely does so I won't blame this gel) I'll just slick it in a bun in the morning.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
Really though, this ish got ACID in it!

Ingredients
WATER, CARBOMER, TRIETHANOLAMINE, POLYACRYLATE ACID, GLYCERIN, FRAGANCE, METHYLISOTIAZOLINONE, METHOXY, CINNAMIDOPROPYL HYDROXYSULTAINE, PANTHENOL, ALOE VERA EXTRACT, TETRASODIUM EDTA, COLORANT FD&C VIOLET #2

Im Good, Lol
That isn't the "dangerous" acid. It's an acid molecule normally used in beauty/skin products.

qchelle

I've been doing washngos with it since I first posted I got it. I want to try a twist out. I haven't done one all summer, due to humidity.

Does this gel combat humidity/give twist outs hold throughout the day?

NowIAmNappy

My results from using it with a moisturizer yesterday. I mad there was a clump of gel and product in my hair, but it was too hot and I was that uncaring to get it out. No one complained so I really left it alone.

What moisturizer do you use? I think I'm officially going to buy some today. I was really trying to stay out of this thread as I have a huge tub of eco styler, but I'm going to give it a try.

Anaisin

Attempted a wash n go with this today. On 1 of the 4 sections I just used the gel. On the other 3 I used Oyin hair dew underneath.

If this turns out to be a mess in the morning I'll put it in 2 braids like I wore today.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I've been using the gel by itself for a week. I will try it with product next week to see if there is a difference.

I'm not getting voodoo results but it gives a decent hold. I have had some slight flaking issues.

@Crackers Phinn ,

That's some good hold. Wow, your hair is wavy and curly like this with just gel?!!

I can't use it by itself. I have to put something moisturizing underneath. Otherwise, it is dry and crunchy on my hair. Voodoo ain't in the cards for everybody, so it's okay if your results are less than voodoo. Try it with something moisturizing and see how that works. If you feel like it, come back and tell us about it.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I've been using the gel by itself for a week. I will try it with product next week to see if there is a difference.

I'm not getting voodoo results but it gives a decent hold. I have had some slight flaking issues.

Definitely use a moisturizer. Even I wasn't that brave; I used a hair lotion. I also get better hold when I wrap a scarf around my head to hold the edges for at least 30 minutes. I only use gel in the front and that method helps a lot.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
@Crackers Phinn ,

That's some good hold. Wow, your hair is wavy and curly like this with just gel?!!

I can't use it by itself. I have to put something moisturizing underneath. Otherwise, it is dry and crunchy on my hair. Voodoo ain't in the cards for everybody, so it's okay if your results are less than voodoo. Try it with something moisturizing and see how that works. If you feel like it, come back and tell us about it.
Oh yeah it's hella crunchy. LOL.

Whenever I try a new gel or leave in I usually test it out on it's own for at least a week to see how it does before adding anything. My rule of thumb with hair products and makeup is that if I got to become a mini mad scientist mixologist to make a product work then I want to see KFC 7 herbs and spices results not some ole lunchroom cafeteria regular degular-ness.

I think Wetline has potential to be an alternative to EcoStyler for me.

Definitely use a moisturizer. Even I wasn't that brave; I used a hair lotion. I also get better hold when I wrap a scarf around my head to hold the edges for at least 30 minutes. I only use gel in the front and that method helps a lot.

The scarf thing only works for me for a few hours at most. By midday I've got some form of afro halo going on. The pic was snapped when I was on my way to lunch and you can see my edges were standing up soldier style. The only exception to this is if I sit under the dryer with a scarf on my head - That will usually last all day.

Anaisin

Hmm...I guess this gel is kind of voodoo-ish. My hair was basically fully dry this morning. My hair would usually still be wet

It's nice paired with the Oyin hair dew. My hair feels smooth & silky and it's shiny

The wash n go was a fail only because I keep forgetting that my hair has grown out of those layers that I had years back so it doesn't look right anymore. I would have to get my hair shaped to wear it out.

But anyway, I just sprayed it with water to reactivate the gel so I could slick it in a bun. I'm already a terrible picture taker now I have a terrible phone camera to match. These pics aren't a good representation, my hair looks great lol my bun was lopsided but I fixed it when I got to work

IMG_20160720_071205.jpg IMG_20160720_073107.jpg IMG_20160720_072314.jpg IMG_20160720_072312.jpg

blackbarbie986

Finally found a leave in that this gel likes Curls Creme Brulee. Do you think we could get a list of leave ins that work well with this gel as a part in the OP?

I included a pic of me testing two leave ins that my hair likes. The clumpy white one at the top is a mixture of EW and Oyin's leave in, the bottom one is the gel mixed with the Curlz.

Attachments

• 20160718_095311.jpg
    20160718_095311.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 155
Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Went back to wetline for now. I did it on soaking wet hair and used a paddle brush this time and got better results. It was still crunchy but I was able to scrunch it out pretty easy vs. applying to damp hair i couldn't scrunch it out as well and my hair was noodley. Took forever for my hair to dry though

I can't get a good pic today for some reason. It looks better in person lol. And bigger

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 139