What Kind Of Voodoo Is In Wetline Gel?

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
"I forgot how weird wetline feels applying to wet hair. It has a squeaky feel, hard to explain but it's unlike any gel I've ever tried. I don't like the way it feels, I like gels with more slip to them but as long as the end result is good right"

I noticed that too. I kinda like it. :look:

@Honey Bee and @Pokahontas,
That's part of the 'voodoo' :ghost: :ghost: :giggle: , babies! @ShredsofDignity named this thread and referenced the gel perfectly!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I noticed that too. I kinda like it. :look:
It feels gross to me. I had just done a protein treatment and left it in a little too long I thought maybe something went wrong..... Started to panic......then I remembered how the gel applied from last summer when I used to use it on wet hair. I calmed down a little after that but I was really nervous. It just felt so squeaky and dry I was like omg I messed up my hair!

Anaisin

So the hot weather didn't ruin my hair yesterday. It looked the same when I got home.

I took the bun out and sprayed it with water and added a little Alikay oil. Then slicked it back in a bun. Wonder how long this will last, I would usually be washing my hair since other gel causes so much build up.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
This last week, I have not sprayed water after applying the gel. Normally I spray water, apply gel, spray more water and get good hold. This last week, I've been prone to a little more frizz and some of these baby hairs coming loose. Guess I need that extra spray of water.

Also had half a small jar left and gave it to my mother because she said she couldn't find it. Now, I get to flex with my bucket o'gel :look:

L.Brown1114

Finally found some!! (i guess no one in this post lives in Chicago...)

I went to a local Mexican market and screamed when I saw it! The cashier was just as excited as I was when I explained how hard id been looking for it lol. I was so happy I bought some modelo (imported Mexican beer for those that done know) to celebrate! Lol

I just took my braids out. Tomorrow I'm going to wash and then do another BC and use it for a WnG and post pics and review!

civic4800

I went to a local Mexican market and screamed when I saw it! The cashier was just as excited as I was when I explained how hard id been looking for it lol. I was so happy I bought some modelo (imported Mexican beer for those that done know) to celebrate! Lol

I just took my braids out. Tomorrow I'm going to wash and then do another BC and use it for a WnG and post pics and review!

I got mine from Target on Roosevelt. I've also seen it at Sally's.

missjanelleb

I could never do a wash and go because by the end of the day my hair was shrunken, hard, and I had flakes galore. I was always against gel down the length of hair until you ladies started this thread. I am so happy I came in and tried this. I still have a lot of shrinkage, but not as much as usual and I can do wash and go's now. This wash and go is completely dry.

Attachments

• wetline1.jpg
    wetline1.jpg
    657 KB · Views: 229

Evolving78

Finally found a leave in that this gel likes Curls Creme Brulee. Do you think we could get a list of leave ins that work well with this gel as a part in the OP?

I included a pic of me testing two leave ins that my hair likes. The clumpy white one at the top is a mixture of EW and Oyin's leave in, the bottom one is the gel mixed with the Curlz.
I guess I will get some of that moisturizer today.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
What are you using up under it? I'm trying to prevent tangles and knots. I'm too lazy for protective styles, so I have been doing wash and goes.
I always have (fresh out of shampoo & conditioning) used some Grapeseed or some other type of oil on my wet hair, before applying it. I really love this gel. I also notice that my hair is oh so soft while I'm rinsing it out. I don't understand it, but i love it.

Anaisin

I always have (fresh out of shampoo & conditioning) used some Grapeseed or some other type of oil on my wet hair, before applying it. I really love this gel. I also notice that my hair is oh so soft while I'm rinsing it out. I don't understand it, but i love it.

I noticed this too. Before I shampoo or cowash I thoroughly rinse my hair. When I rinsed this gel out completely my hair was soft

bellatiamarie

So... :look: I've been using this gel on my kinky curly u-part wig with my denman... and today I decided to try a wash and go on my hair. I've had this gel for a while now. I ordered the big tub on Amazon, but I haven't used it because honestly, I was skeptical. My main concern was that I have not found a gel better than or comparable to Kinky Curly Curling Custard... and cheaper? That's unheard of. So, honestly, my expectations were low.

Honey!!

After I apply gel for my wash and go, I get back in the shower to wet my hair again and then I shake my hair. I can usually tell after this step if the gel is going to do what I need it to do. KCCC is no fail usually for me. But this wetline voodoo? Girl, my hair is defined, shiny, curly. I just love it. The verdict is still out though because I just washed this AM so my hair is only about 60% dry. I'm posting a few pics for yall! I'll come back and add more once my hair completely dries.

The first one is my kinky curly wig. I used the gel on the ends with water and used my Denman to create some curls. The second picture is my hair completely wet after WNG. The last picture is now at about 60% dry.
20160718_225651.jpg 20160723_132549.jpg 20160723_192526-1.jpg

L.Brown1114

Yeah so the gel makes my hair crunchy. I even clarified before hand. I will admit that the new leave in I was using was AWFUL and my hair turned white and wouldn't go away when it dries. I'm gonna buy and make the kimmay tube leave in (the only one that's ever worked for me) and try again. It doesn't do crap for my edges. I'll stick with my got2be gel that's dang near cement

MzRhonda

I could never do a wash and go because by the end of the day my hair was shrunken, hard, and I had flakes galore. I was always against gel down the length of hair until you ladies started this thread. I am so happy I came in and tried this. I still have a lot of shrinkage, but not as much as usual and I can do wash and go's now. This wash and go is completely dry.
Beautiful!

Evolving78

I'm gonna use oil first too! Thanks for the tip. I'm digging this pumpkin seed oil. I just need something to make it smell better. I wash/cowash my hair daily too.

Jas123

The Star of a Story

I've had mine for awhile now, but when I 1st went looking for it I went to the Sally's on Clark St close to Howard St/Howard L and they didn't have- had to go to the Sally's in Skokie to find it.

SmilingElephant

I LOVE how this gel works on my hair! Especially on day 2 hair! It doesn't even feel like I have gel in my hair!

EcoStyler...no matter how much leave in I applied...it started to make my hair feel drier and drier and the crunch was getting out of hand :nono:

This gel gives me a slight crunch on day 1 but it's still not super crunchy on me like Eco.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
hair voodoo closeup.JPG Hair Voodoo.jpghair voodoo Rhone.JPG Hair vood bridge.JPG

No matter how long my hair is, it always draws up to my shoulders. Without the gel, it would draw up to my ears. There was a bit of a crunch. I had some cheap conditioner in my hair from two days ago, then I rewet the hair with water, applied S-curl and the gel. I literally made each section of curls by sectioning hair and twisting in my hands. My hair looks better to me with larger, divided sections.

I prefer pony tails and buns!