What Kind Of Voodoo Is In Wetline Gel?

LegsLegsLegs

I am on the hunt for a new gel to lay down my edges. I'll be trying this next. Hopefully I can find it in a store. Not sure if anyone has posted about using this on their edges but I'll be back to let y'all know.

LavenderMint

I am on the hunt for a new gel to lay down my edges. I'll be trying this next. Hopefully I can find it in a store. Not sure if anyone has posted about using this on their edges but I'll be back to let y'all know.
I haven't used it in a while as this is a warm weather gel for me. It didn't work for my edges on it's own but they are extremely rebellious lol if I tied something down over my edges it worked.

LavenderMint

Was just thinking about this. Am I the only one who found their hair easier to detangle after using this? I think it made my hair so slippery that it couldn't stick to itself to tangle. As long as I made sure to get my roots, shower stream & finger detangling was enough when I used this.

Honi

There is no board.
Oh my!!!! I finally found this in Walmart which was on the bottom shelf and not really visible until I bent down to look. 2 bottles pushed back out of view. Found it not in the "ethnic" section but in the white section.

Lemme tell you sumthin.....this stuff right here I love. Better than EcoStyler. I have spots at the temple that just refuse to clump with Eco and with Eco, my hair looks ashy. Wetline is heavier but I kinda like heavy. Handles those stubborn areas nicely. It also feels slick when you work it through. With Eco, it feels a little rough and I have to apply more to get that smooth slick feel.

I'm going back to get that other bottle. I've been using it so much you would think I was eating it.

Alma Petra

The shine I get with it indoors and outdoors. I have other leave-in but it's the Xtreme gel that lays down them fuzzies well with my old tooth brush. My hair is not pulled back tightly, either. I bun my hair wet to get it to gently lay flat. The Xtreme gel is the icing on the cake for smoothness after a 5 min hold down with a satin scarf. Lastly, I put a little bit on the ends of my pony tail because I have monster shrinkage and get monster tangles. This little pony I have hangs past my waist when straightened. So a dab on the ends of the ponytail will do me. That's the kind of Voodoo Wetline Gel is!

Is this the post that has received the highest number of likes in the whole history of LHCF? Lol. I LOVE these pics :love::love:

Alma Petra

I am actually here to ask you ladies: what leave-in conditioners do you use under the wetline gel? I want something that leaves absolutely no tiny white dots on my hair after I SOTC.
I think that my CRN coconut leave-in doesn't leave white dots except when I already have build up on my hair, but it is a PITA to squeeze out of the bottle, and it doesn't even want to be diluted with water inside of that bi*chy bottle :cry:

I need suggestions, and it will be a bonus if the leave-in is all moisturizing, smoothing, curl and clump enhancing, non-flaking and smells great.

With love :love3:

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Is this the post that has received the highest number of likes in the whole history of LHCF? Lol. I LOVE these pics :love::love:

That's sweet, but nope! I think there was one post that got 300+ likes! I can't remember which thread or which post. I was one of those 300 likers myself.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Usually, I can make any product work, but this stuff...

First time I used it, it started pilling on my hair while using a blow dryer, so I had to let it air dry.

The second time, my roots exploded; 2" of puffy fizz underneath tight coils is not a good look for anyone.

This time, I applied it nearly dry. No problem there. When I refreshed it the next day with a quick rinse, I had heavy hair for the first time ever in life. I tried to shake out the excess water and hurt my neck. It took nearly two days to air dry, so irritating.

Today, I did my usual wash routine... and found little rock crystals stuck all over my hair. I tried using shampoo on a small piece, did not dissolve or budge. The only thing that got these little rocks out was very hot water, castor oil, and patience. I am still feeling some in my hair now! Grrr...

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I am actually here to ask you ladies: what leave-in conditioners do you use under the wetline gel? I want something that leaves absolutely no tiny white dots on my hair after I SOTC.
I think that my CRN coconut leave-in doesn't leave white dots except when I already have build up on my hair, but it is a PITA to squeeze out of the bottle, and it doesn't even want to be diluted with water inside of that bi*chy bottle :cry:

I need suggestions, and it will be a bonus if the leave-in is all moisturizing, smoothing, curl and clump enhancing, non-flaking and smells great.

With love :love3:

I have used it with Oyin Hair Dew without a problem.

Alma Petra

I have used it with Oyin Hair Dew without a problem.
@Alma Petra So far only Camille Rose Curl Love has worked for me. Still on the hunt for a second cream leave in conditioner that works with this gel cause I ain't giving this gel up for nothing.

Thank you girls! I have placed orders for both conditioners. I used to have them but I ran out of them. We'll see how they perform with this gel for me.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Usually, I can make any product work, but this stuff...

First time I used it, it started pilling on my hair while using a blow dryer, so I had to let it air dry.

The second time, my roots exploded; 2" of puffy fizz underneath tight coils is not a good look for anyone.

This time, I applied it nearly dry. No problem there. When I refreshed it the next day with a quick rinse, I had heavy hair for the first time ever in life. I tried to shake out the excess water and hurt my neck. It took nearly two days to air dry, so irritating.

Today, I did my usual wash routine... and found little rock crystals stuck all over my hair. I tried using shampoo on a small piece, did not dissolve or budge. The only thing that got these little rocks out was very hot water, castor oil, and patience. I am still feeling some in my hair now! Grrr...
I actually don't care for this stuff for my entire head. I got great definition, but it was dry.

Aggie

WalMart had Wetline on sale for 2.69 or something. I bought 6 jars for myself while in Los Angeles and shipped them to myself in France. I had no room in my bag. No matter what, I was going to have to PAY for shipping. It should last me at least 1 year, if not 2 years!
Great deal @Chicoro. Had it been me, I would have bought that many myself :yep:. They do tend to last a while so 6 jars were a nice haul.

Aggie

I put this stuff over moisturizer, under moisturizer, and I've used it on just plain wet hair out of the shower and every time, I was impressed with it's performance on my hair. It does have some great definition and could leave my hair a little stiff but as soon as I spray either some APB Refresher Spray or Luster's S-Curl Moisturizer - I have soft hair until I wash it out. Still :love: this gel a lot.

Last edited:

CurlyRy

I can't stand ya'll! When I tell you that I just read a page and a half then took off to Walmart...:lachen:

But omg, I'm looking at all the hair pics now and woooow:love3:

Super excited to try this gel!

Aggie

Shoooot, I'm hoping to have as good of results as you! Your review just hyped me up even more! I love me some soft hair and it seems very versatile :wiggle:
I've been watching you - I love your hair so much. I really hope you like the gel as much as we do. It performs way better on my hair than Eco Styling gel or Fantasia IC Gel ever did on my hair. I can't even go back to them - I have left them for life if the formula of Wetline Xtreme remains the same. Plus it's inexpensive - a bonus I might add:yep:!

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I put this stuff over moisturizer, under moisturizer, and I've used it on just plain wet hair out of the shower and every time, I was impressed with it's performance on my hair. It does have some great definition and could leave my hair a little stiff but as soon as I spray either some APB Refresher Spray or Luster's S-Curl Moisturizer - I have soft hair until I wash it out. Still :love: this gel a lot.

This is 'ME' right here! I use a process of first water, then S-Curl, then Wetline gel and then Shea Butter. That's the order I use on my braids. Water rinses my braids for a semi-fresh start. Then the S-Curl softens my hair. The Wetline gel holds the hair in place so there are no fuzzies and frizz and the shea butter keeps my hair moist and lubricated. This process makes my braids super pretty!

CurlyRy

I've been watching you - I love your hair so much. I really hope you like the gel as much as we do. It performs way better on my hair than Eco Styling gel or Fantasia IC Gel ever did on my hair. I can't even go back to them - I have left them for life if the formula of Wetline Xtreme remains the same. Plus it's inexpensive - a bonus I might add:yep:!

Aww thanks boo! :grouphug3: and I've been reading your comments since my lurking days lol

yeah Eco and Fantasia were both just ok for me. I've used them (shoot they probably still up under my cabinet somewhere) but I never would really revisit them. And I'm hoping this gives a softer hold with great definition. And yes, that 3 dolla don't sound too bad!:grin:

Aggie

Ring the alarm!!!!

Y'all, y'all, y'all....Intel's coming in...
Our man on the ground, @Bunnyhaslonghair , has just advised Wetline has changed its bottle AND its formula.

Stock up. Hoard alert! Hoard alert!

https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/time-to-stock-up-wetline-has-changed-their-formula.827615/
Thanks @Chicoro. I am done chasing rainbows with these stupid companies! I'm not hoarding anything. I'll just go back to Fantasia IC gel and Eco when I run out. I am so done!

Daina