What moisturizer to use on straightened natural hair?

cocopuff06

I just got my hair straightened for the first time and now I don't know what to moisturize with so that it doesn't revert. I usually moisturize with aloe V/ glycerin/ water mix but that obviously won't work if I'm trying to keep it straight... any tips

I did a search through the threads already out there and didn't see anything

lilsparkle825

bb castor oil moisturizer worked for me. when i used sabino MB before i straightened i didnt need a moisturizer for a week.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I just got my hair straightened for the first time and now I don't know what to moisturize with so that it doesn't revert. I usually moisturize with aloe V/ glycerin/ water mix but that obviously won't work if I'm trying to keep it straight... any tips

I did a search through the threads already out there and didn't see anything

Not to be nosey or anything but....errumah....any pix? :lachen:

JustKiya

I was just thinking about this this morning!

Seems like it would be hard to find an actual 'moisturizer' without - water.

I'll have to keep an eye on the suggestions....

Nice & Wavy

I use EQ Mango Butter and a little EVOO on my ends....works like a charm. Some people says they can't use it...but, I have no problems with it at all. It's in my hair in my siggy picture:yep:

crazydaze911

i also use jane carter or serum mostly (but we all know serum doesnt moisturize). as a fully relax head, i just LOVED LOVED LOVED mizani H20 night time treatment. i think it still works but i dont use it often cuz its kinda heavy as compared to jane carter and i think it has mineral oil :(. But its still an awesome product.

clever

I can use just about any moisturizer I would use on natural hair.Right now I'm using garnier length and strength leave in for split ends.

When my hair was pressed w/ a hot comb and grease,I couldn't use anything with water in it because my hair would revert.Now,I can use whatever I please without fear of reversion because of my regimen before straightening so I think it depends on what method/products you use to flat iron.

AwesomelyNappy

see, i've straightened my hair last friday, and have moisturized my hair every day since then and it hasn't reverted yet (at least not permanently... its gotten a little texture/curly close to the scalp every night from the MT making my hair wet, but befor i sleep, i put my hair in sections with my ouchless scrunchies and in the morning when i take it out its back to straight again).

For moisture, I've been misting my hair with my glycerine-aloe vera juice-water mix and rubbing a few drops of castor oil thru-out in the mornings and at night. As of this afternoon its was still straight. (i use the big gray misting spray bottle that you can buy at Sally's) Now i have it saturated with amla oil as a prepoo so i can wash and deep condition it tonight.

remnant

There are threads about it sorry that your research didnt work....I'll try to bump one for you
I use olive oil lotion moisturiser (the one in a bottle) as moisturiser:yep:

Bint Yusef

I dont have to use anything on my straightened hair. A good dc beforehand and a light serum usually does the trick and my hair stays moist for an entire week. I might use a lil bit of some type of oil for sheen, but Im never in need of a moisturizer when my hair is straight.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
i also use jane carter or serum mostly (but we all know serum doesnt moisturize). as a fully relax head, i just LOVED LOVED LOVED mizani H20 night time treatment. i think it still works but i dont use it often cuz its kinda heavy as compared to jane carter and i think it has mineral oil :(. But its still an awesome product.

You beat me to this. ;) I love this product and still use it to this day. I remember using this one night waking up and straighting my hair and the shine was AMAZZZZING!! :lol:

d-rock

Um...uh oh. I just started a thread about this same thing. I didn't see this one first, my bad. I'd like to know too. Any moisturizers that are NOT water based?

Allandra

Since I'm transitioning, I use: Elasta QP Oil Recovery, Jane Carter Nourish & Shine, serums or coconut oil.

Like someone mentioned, do a deep conditioning before hand, and you shouldn't need much while your hair is straightened (works for me).

JustKiya

Has anyone ever tried using ghee??? From what I've heard of it, it might be almost perfect for this.....

africa

I used Kemi oyl on my texlaxed hair and it made it feel 'moisturized'. I was shocked because usually oil on my dry hair =hardness, but his didn't happen with kemi oyl:yep:.

JustKiya

:( No-one has tried ghee?? I was reading the two threads by dlewis, and it sounds almost perfect - any of ya'll have some at home?

:look: