What pre-natal vitamins do you recommend?

tlmack

Ladies,

I would like to add a pre-natal vitamin to my regimen. Which one do you like the best and why?

(I've never done pre-natal before, but I've used Nioxin, Biotin, Flaxseed, GNC Ultra Nourish Hair, etc - I'm ready to try something different; surprise my body for new results.)

wannabestylist

I swear by twin lab pre-natal. I've tried other brands but I can actually feel the difference when I take these plus its makes my hair grow like a weed and my nails strong.

Serious

I just bought OneSource Prenatal from Walmart this week. My co-worker recommended these and her hair is visibly longer and and much thicker since she started them about a year ago. She did start taking them before having her baby and pregnancy probably has something to do with it but she is pretty sold on these vitamins and their affect on her hair.

Curlee_lurker

LA face/low class booty
Nicole-27 said:
how do prenatals effect you if you're on the pill?
prenatals = vitamins

They have nothing to do with pregnancy. Some doctors recommend child bearing age women to take them to get folic acid and what not in case you do become pregnant.

Determined22

This maybe a stupid question, but can you use pre-natal vitamins and Hair vitamins (like GNC hair, skin and nails) at the same time? Or will that be too many vitamins in your system?

Nicole-27

Curlee_lurker said:
prenatals = vitamins

They have nothing to do with pregnancy. Some doctors recommend child bearing age women to take them to get folic acid and what not in case you do become pregnant.

hmm. I never looked at it that way. It makes sense :)

wannabestylist

I also started taking nioxin along with pre-natal....I don't which one got me through my hair crisis (hair was falling out from too much color too many relaxers) I went from mid-back to mid-neck in 6 months...now I am back at just past my shoulders plus the thickness came back. If you ever get too many vitamins in your system ...you should pee it out anyway. :grin:

tlmack

Nappyme said:
I use Pre-Nate Elite I don't know if it's available without a prescription

Is there a reason that it requires a prescription. Is it for people with a certain type of condition for folate?

Do you have a prescription for this b/c you are pregnant or breast feeding?

I'm going to my GYN in early Feb, so maybe I can ask her for it.

Southernbella.

I think they're all pretty much the same. I take Nature Made prenatals, and took them with both of my pregnancies. They are available over the counter.

candiel

Country gal said:
Can non pregnant women take Pre-natal vitamins?

Yes, non pregnant women can take them. I've been taking them for over a year now but I'm also trying to get pregnant:ohwell:. I know quite a few women who aren't pregnant who take them also.

Nenah

tlmack said:
Is there a reason that it requires a prescription. Is it for people with a certain type of condition for folate?

Do you have a prescription for this b/c you are pregnant or breast feeding?

I'm going to my GYN in early Feb, so maybe I can ask her for it.

I was taking them when I was pregnate with my son. And I'm anemic so the iron is good for that but there is something in it that breaks the iron down so as not to constipate you. But it's very good I still take them.