What Product Combinations Did You Use On Your Hair Today?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
APB Ayurvedic Oil under Eco Styler for a braid out. I see one or two flakes, so next time, I'll stick with SSI Seyani.

@YvetteWithJoy @IDareT'sHair @rileypak How do Camille Rose products smell?

Hi, gorgeous!

I'm not the best person to ask about smells because many really bother me that don't bother others.

That said, I can barely smell the coconut water DC and style setter, so that's good. I get a faint coconut smell from them.

I don't like the smell of the whipped aloe butter gel, and several of the products have that same smell, such as the twisting butter, which many folks love. It's strong, to me, and does not dissipate quickly, IMO. I will smell some of it in WalMart and report back a description and which products smell the same.

I looooooove the way the CurlMaker gel smells. I get a guava-y or passion fruity, islandy smell that is like aromatherapy for me. Others may have a more accurate description, as my nose is different from most folks.

I have the Ginger Rinse (shampoo), and to me it smells like a faint lemon meringue smell. I'm fine with the smell.

Hopefully you can pop into a Target, WalMart, etc. and test them for your nose. :smile:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
APB Ayurvedic Oil under Eco Styler for a braid out. I see one or two flakes, so next time, I'll stick with SSI Seyani.

@YvetteWithJoy @IDareT'sHair @rileypak How do Camille Rose products smell?

I smelled them just now. It's butter cream icing. That's the smell. It doesn't smell bad. It's just strong and I don't want my hair or person to smell like butter cream icing. I don't want to smell that all day, so it's a no for me. They get good reviews performance-wise, though! :up:

This WalMart near Emory in Atlanta only has the pictured products. Both smell like butter cream icing. Besides the aloe whipped butter gel, I can't recall what else also has that scent.

Photo enlarges upon click.
WP_20170509_033.jpg

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@NappyNelle
Sorry Sis, I just saw this.

The Jai & Moisture Butter = Vanilla/Cakey
The Ajani = Cocoa Butter
The Algae Mask = Herbally
The Moroccan Pear = Nice, Mildly Fruity (but I've recently experienced inconsistency with the scent)?
*not sure if it I got it from AveYou, Target, Curlmart - but I used one recently that smelled "off"

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Cleansed: Rinsed out corners of: HV Amla Cleanse/WEN Pomegranate and used some APB Cleansing to finish it out.
DC'ers: Cathy Howse UBH & NurCreations Matcha Green Tea & Avocado
Oils: Avocado, Hemp, EVOO, EVCO (in a blend of - AVJ, AVG, ACV)
Heavy Seal: KCKT, CD's Mimosa Hair Honey & Marguerite's Hair Magic

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Today's cowash-and-go (I think I love this gel!):

Cowash: SM Hipo masque
Detangling leave in: Curl Junkie smoothing lotion
Gel: The Mane Choice biotin gel

Aggie

This morning I massaged my CPGO on my scalp for a few minutes then proceeded to wash my hair with Tigi Bed Head Resurrection Shampoo and conditioned with Donna Marie Super Detangling Conditioner, no leave-in.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Detangler: Honey Baby Naturals Detangler
Method: Applied to dry hair, worked it in while elongating the hair, then added water and continued working it in while de-webbing my strands, then applied more HBN detangler until the section was slimy, then detangled with my Kent 16t course and fine-toothed seamless comb. Hair detangled pretty easily with this method.​

Cleanser: Camille Rose Naturals Ginger Rinse

Deep Conditioner: Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water DC

Leave-in: Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion

Styler: Design Essentials Natural Honey line foam/mousse

Styling: Installed 17 of the Sally's red flexirods.
Dried it under the HairFlair dryer attachment for a few hours, and air dried for the remainder of the night under a wide satin bonnet.​

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
This Wash Day:
DC'ers:
WEN Sweet Almond Mint (overnight), Soultanicals Strand Repair (Protein) (and a mixture of Moisturizing DC's I'm tryna' use up - will Steam with those)

Rinse-Outs:

Bel Nouvo's Peppermint Detox Cowash
Hairveda's Methi Step 2

Leave-Ins:

*QB's Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee
*CD's Healthy Hair Butter
*Oil

*Heavy Sealing

Aggie

This morning I will be:

Prepooing with my Egg/honey/evoo/acv mix
Shampooing with Tigi Bedhead Resurrection Shampoo
Protein conditioning (5 minutes in shower) with Nexxus Emergencee Reconstructing Treatment
Protein Deep Conditioning with heat J. Monique's Naturals Burdock Root & Nettle Hair Repair Treatment
Moisture Deep Conditioning with J.Monique's Naturals Hibiscus & Broccoli Deep Conditioner
Leave-In with Inahsi Naturals Aloe-Hibiscus Leave-In.

May heavy seal later this evening with QB CTDG and MHC Type 4 Hair Creme to seal.

LushLox

I prepoo'd with Darshana oil for 24 hours on Friday/Saturday.

Cleansed with Moroccanoil Hair Repair shampoo

Saturday: Did a Nexus Polydemic protein treatment for ten minutes with heat
Followed up with SachaJuan Hair Repair treatment

Used Chi Keratin Mist and Kerastase Nutri Thermique as leave ins

I hot curled my hair yesterday afternoon, so followed up with SachaJuan Overnight Repair (which is beautiful) and didn't need to moisturise at all today.

This evening before bed I'll use NTM and seal with castor oil

NaturalShe94

Man my hair is so dry right now..... I rinsed my hair and left it out all night and all day, slept on my satin pillowcase, but, didn't even bother bunning it, went outside and oh man, that outside dryness, sucked the life and moisture out of my hair, I looked like a big ball of frizz.... I had to run to Walmart, so all I have in my head is some Ecostyler on the top of my head to lay down the frizz into a little curly/frizzy flip up...

I don't even know if I want to take this flip up down to wash later :covereyes:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
A gel I used dried out my hair, so this morning I reset my hair.

Cowash: DevaCurl Decadence One Condition, rinsed out
Leave in: DevaCurl Decadence One Condition, left in
Gel: Kinky Curly Curling Custard

I'm wearing it in a low ponytail puff that I'm really liking.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Today:
Rinse Outs: Bel Nouvo's Peppermint Detox Cowash/Soultanicals Knot Glide
Deep Conditioners: Soultanicals Strand Repair (under Dryer)/Soultanicals Afrotastic Curl Elastic (under Steamer)
Rinse: Catnip Tea/Aloe Vera Juice (Inner Filet)
Heavy Seal: LCBO *Assorted*

vevster

Today after pre pooing I'm cowashing with

The mane choice 3 in 1
Conditioning with The Mane Choice Egyptian Conditioner (Rinse Out)
Detangle with Obia's Curl Hydration Spray
Moisture w/ SM Hibiscus and then use my beloved Design Essentials Mousse!!!!

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Steam
Scalp cleanser: Cantu ACV rinse
Strands cleanser: J.R. Liggett's Shampoo Bar, Moisturizing Formula (great slip!)
Balancing deep conditioner: Mielle Organics Babassu & Mint DC (awesome slip!)
Hydrator: aloe Vera juice
Leave-in detangler: Started out with Soultanicals Hair Glide, and then moved to Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion (for the slip)
Oil: My version of the DIY CurlyProverbz hair growth oil
Styler: Design Essentials Avocado & Almond Mousse for installment of 20 twists that became a nice twist out