What should I do? (LONG- Sorry!)

aileendq

So I broke up with my boyfriend in June / July and had to move out (his house). I temporarily moved in with a male colleague and friend (who's girlfriend moved out on him around the same time!) until my new apartment became available in September.

Now, as this person I moved in with was a coworker (not to mention the fact that we hang out all the time) I was reluctant to do the whole rollerset, going under my bonnet dryer due to...embarassment! So, I blowdried twice a week and flatironed instead of wrapping at night...SO STUPID! :wallbash:

Now, I'm in my apartment, happy as all heck, EXCEPT that my hair is breaking...ARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! I'm rollersetting 2x a week and wrapping and MTGing my little heart out (despite the stink). (PS I CANNOT airdry w/out rollersetting. Breakage city!)

Anyway, I'm wondering if I should just cut it! My hair hair is one length at my front & sides and another in the back. I'm shedding like CRAZY (probably a combo of stress- back in school & full time job-, a relaxer and change of season). The worst part is that I'm finding all those little pieces of hair all on my shirt/desk/jacket.

The longest length is about 4" from brastrap, but it's in a deep V shape, with the sides and front being just brushing my shoulders. I can blend it in by tucking the sides & front behind my ears, but I'm debating cutting it to a blunt cut, so that it's all the same length.

I've done this before, and it just kept growing in that freakin' V shape. I don't know if it's that the front & sides just plain grow slower, or if it's that that it is brushing my shoulders and the friction is causing it to break....

I'm confused. I've decided if I choose to cut it will be 1) at a really good salon (with hair dry) and 2) a good deep cut 2' or more :cry3:...

What do you guys think? BC..not to go natural but to cut off damage...or WHAT?

My hair is a 3b/4a.
Thanks!
A

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I think you should enjoy your V-shape if that is how your hair will continue to grow, you will only be loosing lenth by doing the BC if it's just going to grow back like this. Give yourself an intense treatment to help fight the breakage (aphogee or nexxus emergencee) after that keep up w/the treatments as directed or needed. always DC w/every shampoo, and stop stressing cause that could be the whole shedding thing. You can also massage your scalp w/some EO's 2x's a day or more if your have time in those slow growwing areas to get that blood circulating more. I think you will see major improvement in the shedding since you're now in your own home w/ that privacy you were missing out on for hairday, LOL, maybe the extra heat was too much for your hair. I know B-complex is suppose to be good for stress, add that to your Vitamin intake if you don't already have it, I hope this helps and enjoy the new place.:)

Healthb4Length

BeautifulWideEyes said:
I think you should enjoy your V-shape if that is how your hair will continue to grow, you will only be loosing lenth by doing the BC if it's just going to grow back like this. Give yourself an intense treatment to help fight the breakage (aphogee or nexxus emergencee) after that keep up w/the treatments as directed or needed. always DC w/every shampoo, and stop stressing cause that could be the whole shedding thing. You can also massage your scalp w/some EO's 2x's a day or more if your have time in those slow growwing areas to get that blood circulating more. I think you will see major improvement in the shedding since you're now in your own home w/ that privacy you were missing out on for hairday, LOL, maybe the extra heat was too much for your hair. I know B-complex is suppose to be good for stress, add that to your Vitamin intake if you don't already have it, I hope this helps and enjoy the new place.:)

Great advice!

hairmaster

Deep condition with moisterizers, hair grows longer in the back is not true it is longer do to the nape hair is further down on the head, side hair is above the ear. Get back to your routine and your hair will do better.