What Should I Do

Chemetria

Hay ladies I need help it has been four months since my last relaxer and I need a hair do for my granddaddy's funeral on Saturday I really don't care about my hair I will pull it back in to ponytail but my mama and my cousin are trying to get me to get a relaxer cause they don't know I am going natural what should I do

mango387

First, I am sorry about your grandfather passing. I'll be praying for your family.

Now, I would not relax my hair during a transition to conceal the fact that you were going natural from family members. What I would do is get my hair braided or something, so your hair would still be "done" w/o compromising your wish to become natural. Also, I am not sure of your hair type, but some people can get away with doing rollersets as they transition (I could not, so I cannot offer suggestions on that process). At any rate, I have given you my little ideas, so I am sure more of the "real" experts will come in to assist you.

WomanlyCharm

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. :(

Why don't you tell your mom and sister you're transitioning? Would that cause a problem?
If they knew, they would understand why you won't relax. And mango is right, rollersetting or braids may be a good option for you right now. HTH.

Chemetria

Thank You Mango and WomanlyCharm the reason I didn't tell them or anyone is because the is my second time going natural and the first time they really made me feel bad so I just thought I won't tell anyone

honeybadgirl

if you cant do it yourself, then go to a salon and have them wash, blow and curl it.
my mom didnt and still doesnt like that i went natural, dont know why. i guess it an ol school mentality. when she sees my hair out she swears i have a relaxer so whats the difference!! then gets upset when i say i dont have one! koo koo....so i understand what you're going thru

Mook's hair

I'm also sorry for your loss.

I agree with the advice given so far. And yes if they are not supportive then keep it to yourself. You are too far into your transition to digress and relax.

I was also going to suggest a straw set phone pony or dominican blowout.