What the h$@%! Freakish growth spurt

luckiestdestiny

Okay so this is an UPDATE to this thread. There is a lot of growth so I want to share what I was doing originally and what I am doing now: I am now putting in Pic five of my bangs for this date. Please look at pic 4. If you want to click it, it will show Oct 25 2008 on it as that was the date it was taken. I just took this one so it will say Nov 14th on it 2008. I use my bangs as a reference because even when I braid my hair up, I leave out some bangs and swoop them to the side. And please I know I don't cut them even, I'm not perfect. That's not the point! I am also letting them grow some more until they are possibly longer then chin length, and then they can have that sexy longer swoop to the side thing going on. I will then cut to even. So anyways I took a pic of the same area again now, and you can see for yourself. The 4th one barely touched my bottom lip with a part of it slightly grazing over. The one weeks later is going in between lip and chin and I have 11 days before Nov 25th almost two more full weeks of growth. Who knows what will happen! Keep in mind, no growth until this week and then another mad growth spurt. The only thing I changed since last time which could've contributed to what I was already doing is below. BTW pic 1 was taken OCT 19 2008 (click it and see the date as it was on camera phone and captures the exact date it was taken) So from Pic 1 to Pic 5 in less than a month (a little over 3 weeks, you can see the growth). Although I just perfected my eating plan and tea rinses within the last week, so we'll see if I can top that too!)

I did have a growth spurt originally from eating right but that soon stopped. Then last week, all of a sudden my hair had another. I did change a few things I still eat a lot of veggies but I added 1-2 eggs breakfast, and also fish 3 times a week (well this week it was fried fish sandwich, some shrimp tempura, and a piece of grilled fish. I was craving fried so leave me alone:grin: I hardly ever do it so I went a little overboard:yep:) Also I've been washing my hair with nettle rinse (just added peach pits and strained last week to that nettle rinse), as a final rinse. I also drink a cup of nettle tea a day. I also tried coffee wash early this week too, so I don't know which took off. If you want to know in detail what I did step by step let me know, but I know my eyes aren't deceiving me. I didn't want this post to be a novel so I'm just writing a basic write up for now. I can only imagine how fast the rest of my hair is growing if my bangs which are always manipulated are growing this fast). MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT PIC 4 AND 5 Oh and please, I am no longer freaked about my growth as I just started trying to enhance it, so disregard that part of the thread...

My previous post.
Okay, so I know my hair has been growing fast, but this is just weird and scary. So I've been doing some changes to my diet, but I don't know what to say. Over a month ago I cut my bangs myself just above the tip of my nose to even them up a bit,so they aren't perfectly even. I am not the best cutter in the world. Also my hair does not grow out even. What's my point? well I'm using my bangs as an example, as it's the esiest way, and I haven't finished completely flatironing it. I still have one more pass and to try to get the edges, but I don't think I'm going to do it anyways. But I did completely flat iron my bangs, and I'm showing roots to demonstrate. I'm natural by the way, I just use certain products to get it really straight and shiny. so anyways. My bangs have grown, yes, but this is just odd. Okay so on the 19th of this month, I took a pic of my bangs, to use them as a start on my picture phone, so that my eyes weren't deceiving me. When I washed again five days later (Lots of sweat yuck!), I decided to press out my hair again. I use Sabino so I don't worry about heat damage. Anyways, look at the difference, are my eyes deceiving me? I know that I really changed my diet and did a few growth "tricks" so to speak. Meaning I changed eating patterns specifically for growth and health purposes, but dang! I don't know if it'll keep up but I'm happy. Pic A is where I started, day 1 and then here's day 5. I would not believe it if I did not see it. forgive my crazy hair, it's only half straight. I thought to myself, I'll just flat iron it a little, and my bangs, get them really straight, and then braid the rest up into an artful bun. :grin: I used my thumb as a guide so that you could see where the hair fell in reference to my lip.
I had to do the flat iron to show the growth as I am a natural and I have much shrinkage! I did this whole bang test because my hair has seemed to grow crazy lately. I did not want to measure because I just think that makes me mental, I'll get obsessed with it. I think when I do the righ things and leave it alone it grows. Excuse pic three, I moved some of my bangs to the side, and it's not all straightened. I know I look like a crazy woman. So is it just me, or am I over focusing on this. Where is this coming from? People eating lots of veggies, did you get a spurt? The first one on the 19th of Oct is barely touching the bottom of my top lip. The one today is touching the bottom of my lower. And I have full lips so I'm thinking over half an inch. I don't have anything to measure it except my fingers and my lips (the point of start and finish after five days)

Attachments

• 10-19-08_0442[2].jpg
    10-19-08_0442[2].jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 10-19-08_0441[2].jpg
    10-19-08_0441[2].jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 10-24-08_2131[2].jpg
    10-24-08_2131[2].jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 10-24-08_2147[3].jpg
    10-24-08_2147[3].jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 11-14-08_0126.jpg
    11-14-08_0126.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

also the cool thing is if you hit the pic to see it in advance, between pic 1 and 4, you'll see the date, as I took the pic with my picture phone. This is in five days. I think that's like ridiculous growth.

luckiestdestiny

Bump, or is this just a boring subject? I'm assuming if my bangs are growing, everything is growing, even if I'm not completely flatironing everything else out. Also I was hoping to talk about eggs and vegetables with someone, anyone out there.

YOOOHOOO!

oh and teas...anyone drinking teas and noticing growth

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

Interesting good or bad? I'm a little nervous, because it seems so fast. Like when you click on the pictures you can see the dates on them. I am doing the whole vegetable thing I was talking about in another thread. I am all vegetables with exception of eggs, and I add fish occasionally. I started doing that because I'd been neglecting vegetables, and wanted to cleanse. Then I noticed my face started changing and looking younger. But still (after two weeks) like I got carded to buy a lottery card. That happened after two weeks on the diet. So My vanity caught the better of me, because before I'd pass for like 23 but never did someone ask if I was old enough to buy a lottery ticket. So anyways, I then decided to add egg as I felt I was missing protein, and then occasional fish. So that's that. Oh and I just started doing vegetable green drinks, and I also just started drinking nettle tea (but that started like 2 days ago). The whole vegetable revolution started four weeks ago now. So I don't know how long it took for my hair to make that type of leap.

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

I would but that's less than a week. I just have my eyebrow up. I'll keep monitoring it in a month and see if the growth evens out. I just remembered I also started using bee mine but I've only used that like a day, so I don't think that would count.

PreciousPearl

I believe diet plays a role in your overall health. Long healthy hair is just an added bonus. I wouldn't worry too much. Doesn't seem like you have a problem to me.

luckiestdestiny

Cool. That's what I was thinking. I decided instead of vitamins, I wanted to change the way I eat, because I felt, from research that it would be more effective than any vitamin. I guess it is. Okay. I'm calm now. Thanks everyone

JustKiya

Interesting good - that sort of growth isn't the result of any sort of unhealth, you know? :lol:

I've always suspected, though, that hair does grow in spurts, sometimes.

Mrs.Pretty08

I think that is awesome, and I am doing a diet that mostly fruit and vegetables. I must say that I think that my hair is growing more as well. I got a relaxer on the first, and I already have a ton of new growth, but I also have increase my water and exercise regimen. I workout twice a day, and I don't eat much meat at all, but I do take a multi-vitamin and other things so that could be the culprit as well. I love how my skin is looking right now. I have been going out without makeup lately because I think that I look "ok" enough to make it.

luckiestdestiny

I know the whole no makeup thing. That's totally me, and my skin is so much clearer. I eat eggs every other day so that I don't miss out on protein, and I've had fish(shrimp, seafood) once or twice a week. I am about to up my exercise so I'm excited about that, as I was going to up my yoga classes this week. Yay to eating healthy and water. I totally cut out all caffeine sodas and now drink water, tea, and juice.

Last edited:

mariofmagdal

Good for you! We have something in common, I recently started the wholefoods powder mix from GNC which includes all veggies and fruits and so much more.... I know I feel great as a result. I can't say anything about my hair growth as I have no way of measuring it.

mariofmagdal

Bump, or is this just a boring subject? I'm assuming if my bangs are growing, everything is growing, even if I'm not completely flatironing everything else out. Also I was hoping to talk about eggs and vegetables with someone, anyone out there.

YOOOHOOO!

oh and teas...anyone drinking teas and noticing growth

Nope not boring. I just started eating eggs too! I work at night and I eat two eggs every morning when I come in and about twice a week I have some bacon with my eggs, bacon is rich in protein too, but of course you can't have too much.....

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

Good for you! We have something in common, I recently started the wholefoods powder mix from GNC which includes all veggies and fruits and so much more.... I know I feel great as a result. I can't say anything about my hair growth as I have no way of measuring it.
Yeah the whole smoothie green drink thing works wonders. I guess in about a month, you'll have to report back too!

luckiestdestiny

Also I've been feeling great as well. Did you notice any changes in your skin. Also, I'm excited about the egg thing as I was reading that eggs are really good for growth too. I just want all my growth to come from foods primarily, and of course taking care of hair to maintain, but I just want low manipulation and really good food primarily.

luckiestdestiny

Interesting good - that sort of growth isn't the result of any sort of unhealth, you know? :lol:

I'm thinking that too. Either way, I'm not upset about growth. I like growth. Infact I was really excited, but slightly freaked out by how fast, like I was in the twilight zone or something. Or that someone was going to say April fool came early.:nono:

Irresistible

Bump. There is an update, please go to the beginning of the thread to see!

Sometimes we know whats going on with our hair more than it can show up in pics

I kinda see it, but its hard to tell by how your holding your bangs just what you got for sure

enjoy the growth spurt , may you have many more

Irresistible

I wanna know more about this powder

*goes to look it up*

mariofmagdal

Also I've been feeling great as well. Did you notice any changes in your skin. Also, I'm excited about the egg thing as I was reading that eggs are really good for growth too. I just want all my growth to come from foods primarily, and of course taking care of hair to maintain, but I just want low manipulation and really good food primarily.

My skin is glowing! I visited NY last week and saw a bunch of old friends who commented on how I did not look a day older than when we were teenagers! (I am now a grandmother to three!) My hair is doing great, the brilliance is awesome! Nails are longer and stronger! I know my hair has grown too, I just can't tell how much, I know I am a little beneath mid back. I know this from when I braid hair to dry after a wash, otherwise I am bunned all the time. Maybe during the holidays when I have some adults around I can get someone to take pics for me, I will post then.

mariofmagdal

I wanna know more about this powder

*goes to look it up*

Complete Formula - Natural Garden Berry Flavor - Super Mixability Powder
  • More Antioxidant Capacity than 13 Standard Servings of Fruits & Vegetables**
  • Produced from Over 70 Nutrient-& Antioxidant-Rich Super Foods
  • Provides 4 grams of dietary fiber
  • All Natural Non-GMO & Vegetarian Formula
SuperFoods Supreme is a powerful blend of nutrient and antioxidant-rich super foods that help to support good health. Each serving supplies an impressive ORAC value greater than 10,000 units and more antioxidant capacity than 13 standard servings of fruits and vegetables.** The ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) assay measures antioxidant capacity against cell-damaging free radicals. Free radicals can break down healthy cells and potentially lead to a variety of health problems. Air pollution, chemicals, food additives, physical stress and our body's normal use of oxygen contribute to the production of these harmful compounds. Antioxidants help to fight cell-damaging free radicals.

SUPER GREENS BLEND
Each serving provides over six grams of nutrient-rich greens to naturally supply the vitamins, minerals and amino acids essential in a balanced diet. Featuring fibrous grasses, sea greens and garden blends.

SUPER FRUIT BLEND
A plentiful blend of phytonutrient-rich fruit. Phytonutrients are the brightly-colored pigments that protect plants from the potentially damaging effects of sunlight and the environment.

SUPER DIGESTIVE BLEND
A abundant supply of ingredients that support total digestive health. Includes enzymes, fibrous oat and beans, herbs to support liver health and live acidophilus cultures to promote that body's natural flora. Each serving supplies 4 grams of dietary fiber.

SUPER ENERGY METABOLISM AND IMMUNE BLEND
Combines ingredients touted for their traditional energetic properties with important B-vitamins and 150% of the daily value for vitamin C to support natural immune response.

SUPER ANTIOXIDANT BLEND
Features a combination of antioxidant-rich Mediterranean fruit and VitaBerry™, a proprietary blend of fruits with exceptional antioxidant profiles.

Serving Size 1 Rounded scoops
Servings Per Container 30
Amount Per Serving % DV
Calories 70.00</B>
Calories from Fat 5.00
Total Fat 0.50 g</B> 1%
Saturated Fat 0.00 g 0%
Trans Fat 0.00 g</B>
Cholesterol 0.00 mg</B> 0%
Sodium 50.00 mg</B> 2%
Potassium 220.00 mg</B> 6%
Total Carbohydrate 14.00 g</B> 5%
Dietary Fiber 4.00 g 16%
Sugars 4.00 g
Protein 2.00 g</B> 0%
Calcium 40.00</B> 4%
Iron 1.44</B> 8%
Vitamin A 0.00 0%
Thiamin 0.38 25%
Vitamin C 900.00 150%
Riboflavin 0.43 25%
** Daily Value (DV) not established
† Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on
your calorie needs:
Calories: 2000 2500
Total Fat Less than 65 g 80 g
Sat. Fat Less than 20 g 25 g
Cholesterol Less than 300 mg 300 mg
Sodium Less than 2400 mg 2400 mg
Total Carbohydrate 300 g 375 g
Dietary Fiber 25 g 30 g
Calories per gram:
Fat 9
Carbohydrate 4
Protein 4

No Sugars Added, No Starch, No Artificial Colors, No Artificial Flavors, No Preservatives, No Corn, No Dairy, Yeast Free

Irresistible

SuperFoods Supreme is a powerful blend of nutrient and antioxidant-rich super foods that help to support good health. Each serving supplies an impressive ORAC value greater than 10,000 units and more antioxidant capacity than 13 standard servings of fruits and vegetables.** The ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) assay measures antioxidant capacity against cell-damaging free radicals. Free radicals can break down healthy cells and potentially lead to a variety of health problems. Air pollution, chemicals, food additives, physical stress and our body's normal use of oxygen contribute to the production of these harmful compounds. Antioxidants help to fight cell-damaging free radicals.

SUPER GREENS BLEND
Each serving provides over six grams of nutrient-rich greens to naturally supply the vitamins, minerals and amino acids essential in a balanced diet. Featuring fibrous grasses, sea greens and garden blends.

SUPER FRUIT BLEND
A plentiful blend of phytonutrient-rich fruit. Phytonutrients are the brightly-colored pigments that protect plants from the potentially damaging effects of sunlight and the environment.

SUPER DIGESTIVE BLEND
A abundant supply of ingredients that support total digestive health. Includes enzymes, fibrous oat and beans, herbs to support liver health and live acidophilus cultures to promote that body's natural flora. Each serving supplies 4 grams of dietary fiber.

Combines ingredients touted for their traditional energetic properties with important B-vitamins and 150% of the daily value for vitamin C to support natural immune response.

SUPER ANTIOXIDANT BLEND
Features a combination of antioxidant-rich Mediterranean fruit and VitaBerry™, a proprietary blend of fruits with exceptional antioxidant profiles.

Amount Per Serving % DV
Calories 70.00</B>
Calories from Fat 5.00
Total Fat 0.50 g</B> 1%
Saturated Fat 0.00 g 0%
Trans Fat 0.00 g</B>
Sodium 50.00 mg</B> 2%
Dietary Fiber 4.00 g 16%
Sugars 4.00 g
Protein 2.00 g</B> 0%
Calcium 40.00</B> 4%
Iron 1.44</B> 8%
Vitamin A 0.00 0%
Thiamin 0.38 25%
Vitamin C 900.00 150%
Riboflavin 0.43 25%
your calorie needs:
Dietary Fiber 25 g 30 g
Calories per gram:
Fat 9
Carbohydrate 4
Protein 4

No Sugars Added, No Starch, No Artificial Colors, No Artificial Flavors, No Preservatives, No Corn, No Dairy, Yeast Free

I'm getting some of this! :yep:

mariofmagdal

You will be well pleased with the SuperFoods Supreme. I really love what it does for me, and being a day sleeper, I know I do not eat enough, this way I no longer worry about what I am missing. (It is not a meal replacement) I just don't want to give anyone the wrong idea, I use it for the nutritional value.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
:yep: this is on my list of things to purchase. :yep:

SUPER GREENS BLEND

SUPER FRUIT BLEND

SUPER DIGESTIVE BLEND

SUPER ANTIOXIDANT BLEND

Amount Per Serving % DV
Calories 70.00</B>
Calories from Fat 5.00
Total Fat 0.50 g</B> 1%
Saturated Fat 0.00 g 0%
Trans Fat 0.00 g</B>
Sodium 50.00 mg</B> 2%
Dietary Fiber 4.00 g 16%
Sugars 4.00 g
Protein 2.00 g</B> 0%
Calcium 40.00</B> 4%
Iron 1.44</B> 8%
Vitamin A 0.00 0%
Thiamin 0.38 25%
Vitamin C 900.00 150%
Riboflavin 0.43 25%
your calorie needs:
Dietary Fiber 25 g 30 g
Calories per gram:
Fat 9
Carbohydrate 4
Protein 4

luckiestdestiny

Sometimes we know whats going on with our hair more than it can show up in pics

I kinda see it, but its hard to tell by how your holding your bangs just what you got for sure

enjoy the growth spurt , may you have many more
Thanks. I'll keep adding pics every couple of weeks or so. I tried to hold my bangs similar to the last time. I am natural, so I have to hold them down, in each pic, so you can see the growth. If I were relaxed, it would be so much easier to do that but alas.... Forgot to add if you look at the first pic it was taken OCT 19th (So that is growth in less than a month...five days left before the month is in) , and you can click the pic, as it was taken with the camera phone, it captures the date and time pic was taken. So if you look at pic 1 to pic 5...or you can see the amount of growth better. My lips are full. From the top lip to bottom is about an inch and a quarter. I'll go get a tape tonight to measure that to make exactly sure.

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

My skin is glowing! I visited NY last week and saw a bunch of old friends who commented on how I did not look a day older than when we were teenagers! (I am now a grandmother to three!) My hair is doing great, the brilliance is awesome! Nails are longer and stronger! I know my hair has grown too, I just can't tell how much, I know I am a little beneath mid back. I know this from when I braid hair to dry after a wash, otherwise I am bunned all the time. Maybe during the holidays when I have some adults around I can get someone to take pics for me, I will post then.
That sounds great. On some days I have been known to take in some super foods. I went to wholefoods and got the "Amazing Grass one" it's green super food that also has goji and acai infusion in it. It's Gluten free, soy free, and vegan, so I think most anyone can use it.

I believe your skin is glowing. That's the first thing I noticed when I started changing my diet!

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

SUPER GREENS BLEND

SUPER FRUIT BLEND

SUPER DIGESTIVE BLEND

SUPER ANTIOXIDANT BLEND

Amount Per Serving % DV
Calories 70.00</B>
Calories from Fat 5.00
Total Fat 0.50 g</B> 1%
Saturated Fat 0.00 g 0%
Trans Fat 0.00 g</B>
Sodium 50.00 mg</B> 2%
Dietary Fiber 4.00 g 16%
Sugars 4.00 g
Protein 2.00 g</B> 0%
Calcium 40.00</B> 4%
Iron 1.44</B> 8%
Vitamin A 0.00 0%
Thiamin 0.38 25%
Vitamin C 900.00 150%
Riboflavin 0.43 25%
your calorie needs:
Dietary Fiber 25 g 30 g
Calories per gram:
Fat 9
Carbohydrate 4
Protein 4

This sounds good too. Off to get that. I can go between that one and the Amazing grass which I occasionally drink.

2themax

JustKiya-

You are so right! My hair grows in spurts & then it won't do nuthin' at times. But I love those spurts:yep:. I just wish they would spurt more often:lachen: