What...there Are Racist Doctors? Doctor Mocking And Being Totally Dis-re-spect-ful

Shula

:bighug:

FelaShrine

This is doctors for ya, they wouldn’t consider someone with anxiety and probably hypochondria seriously . She doesn’t see anything physically wrong so she’s thinking he’s bluffing end of story . She probably had hundreds patients in much worse conditions to attend .Was she rude and dismissive? . I had that a lot in the past ,even when it came to my autistic son ,one of them told me I was being paranoid to think he had problems.
Sorry but if I was her I would be impatient with him aswell ,he seems to be trying hard to make a story out of it.

so because you can't "see" anxiety unless its an attack happening right then and there, its ok for her to treat him the way she did? He obviously has a condition which is why he has a script. There's no reason for her to treat him the way she did, if she didnt have the patience someone else can take off.

I say off the cuff ish sometimes lol but at times you get me wondering

Shula

All the best with everything @Shula. Your baby sounds very strong. Currently investigating the doc that dealt with my mom, while it won't bring her back, it will help me and especially my father get down to certain things that happened that weren't appropriate for her care.

Aw sis, I'm so sorry you all had to suffer through this as well. It's worse than heartbreaking and no one should have to experience this. I truly hope you get the answers you seek and it won't bring her back but I pray you get some measure of peace from it. I'm hurt and angered for you having been there myself but I know both of our moms would want us to do the best we can to not let it rob us of anymore than it has to and to heal as best we can. You have my support and my thoughts will be with you. :bighug:

Shula

so because you can't "see" anxiety unless its an attack happening right then and there, its ok for her to treat him the way she did? He obviously has a condition which is why he has a script. There's no reason for her to treat him the way she did, if she didnt have the patience someone else can take off.

I say off the cuff ish sometimes lol but at times you get me wondering

Thanks for this Fela, as well. That comment kind of took my breath away but I don't like to "confront or challenge" people if I cannot do it lovingly or respectfully. I'm under the weather so I left it. @Kindheart you are certainly entitled to your opinion but as a human being, a mother to a vulnerable person, I would hope that you can see that people deserve to be treated with dignity and compassion particularly during a health crisis. I didn't watch the video out of consideration for my mental health. I do not like to see people mistreated. People react to all sorts of medical issues differently. His anxiety attack may not be typical for what she sees but she has no right to demean or treat him inhumanely based on what? A feeling, a color? You mentioned you have an autistic child, you won't always be here to protect him, imagine someone mistreating him because he isn't behaving in a neurotypical way that suits the person. I'm certain you've have to deal with that at least on a micro level at some point by now anyway because people are jerks. Please treat people as you would want your son treated. As @Farida mentioned, it only adds to the burden of your health when you're not treated with respect or dignity. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn and you may have never done anything close but please just consider the experiences in this thread and CHOOSE to do the right thing. I say this with e-love, sis. Sincerely.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
This is doctors for ya, they wouldn’t consider someone with anxiety and probably hypochondria seriously . She doesn’t see anything physically wrong so she’s thinking he’s bluffing end of story . She probably had hundreds patients in much worse conditions to attend .Was she rude and dismissive? Yes .I had that a lot in the past ,even when it came to my autistic son ,one of them told me I was being paranoid to think he had problems.

I missed this comment. Just now seeing it.

You're kidding, right?

It's dangerous, neglectful, unprofessional, and immoral to mistreat ANY patient and especially mental health patients.

Because anxiety isn't physically perceivable, it's fake?

Because someone told you that you were paranoid, then it must have been okay for them to have told you that?

I don't know what to say. I guess I want to give you a big hug and tell you that, no, none of that is okay and PLEASE don't accept it or encourage it.