What type of protein is the LEAST damaging?

What type of protein is the LEAST damaging

• Silk Amino Acids

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Hydrolyzed Collagen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hydrolyzed Silk Protein

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Hydrolyzed Egg Protein

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others - name it

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BFeathers

Breakage is one sign hair needs protein but when hair isn't breaking or breaking badly what's the best protein to do the least about of damage?

I believe I'm protein sensitive. IMO, it's 1000x more easy to help hair with protein. A quick Aphogee and hair is good. Verses moisture takes time at least for my hair. So I er on the side of moisture over protein.

DC's are protein loaded. Somewhere in the ingredients you see Silk Amino Acids or Hydrolyzed Collagen or something.

I did an Aphogee last week.

Of my DCs with: silk amino acids, hydrolyzed collagen, hydrolyzed egg protein what's the least damaging.

All proteins are towards the bottom on the back but that's still protein. I know anything keratin is a no go following Aphogee.

Least damaging as in, you can use 2x a week or weekly with no ill effects.

CodeRed

I don't feel like any protein does any damage unless you don't follow it with the proper steps (i.e. deep moisturizing treatment for balance). It's supposed to reinforce you hair, not have ill effects... maybe I'm just perplexed though :lol:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@IDareT'sHair

I might just be confused... she mentioned "ill effects" in her post and I'm not sure what that means...

@CodeRed

This is true.:yep:

I guess I took it to mean, which is 'milder' and which is stronger?

So, I guess now I am confused about the ill-effects.:spinning:

But I am a protein-head and can fit anywhere from Hydrolyzed Keratin to Silk Aminos all throughout my current regimen.

I have to have some form of protein on the regular.

CodeRed

@CodeRed

This is true.:yep:

I guess I took it to mean, which is 'milder' and which is stronger?

So, I guess now I am confused about the ill-effects.:spinning:

But I am a protein-head and can fit anywhere from Hydrolyzed Keratin to Silk Aminos all throughout my current regimen.

I have to have some form of protein on the regular.

IDareT'sHair

I'm sorry I'm confused you... It probably wasn't even what I thought :lol:

BFeathers

Ill effects means my hair starts breaking. Sometimes I can do a protein and still DC and I feel like my hair is breaking.

Years ago, I was getting my hair relaxed like clockwork every 4-6 weeks. Then 6mos later it went limp and flat.

I knew I'd overdone it so I felt my hair needed some protein because I had been breaking the bonds so quickly for so long so I got an Aphogee and my hair went see through ends overnight :nono: or at least within a week.

I had to go from collarbone to ear length because the see through was that ratchet.

So now I feel like protein treatments are more dangerous for my hair. I can take it mushy because one quick light treatment and my hair is normal. Do a protein and my hair can go to a place I never want it....snipped on the floor because it's damaged.

kupenda

If your hair is protein sensitive, why are you looking to use a protein treatment? Many conditioners contain some for of protein because protein allows moisture to sink into the strands. Without it, products sit on the outside and create a film/barrier. Stick to moisturizing conditioners. Have you tried Silk Dreams?

BFeathers

If your hair is protein sensitive, why are you looking to use a protein treatment? Many conditioners contain some for of protein because protein allows moisture to sink into the strands. Without it, products sit on the outside and create a film/barrier. Stick to moisturizing conditioners. Have you tried Silk Dreams?

All DCs tend to have some kind of protein in them. I want to know what's the protein that's going to be the least likely to cause a protein overload?

I used the Olive Oil Cholesterol Deep Conditioner.

It smelled great and was the consistency and color of mashed avocados. Yet sitting under the dryer I see Egg Protein in the ingredients and despite all the oils and moisturizer I know egg is pretty strong so I assumed it could beat out all that moisture.

My hair was fine but it had me worried.

neiiya

All DCs tend to have some kind of protein in them. I want to know what's the protein that's going to be the least likely to cause a protein overload?

I used the Olive Oil Cholesterol Deep Conditioner.

It smelled great and was the consistency and color of mashed avocados. Yet sitting under the dryer I see Egg Protein in the ingredients and despite all the oils and moisturizer I know egg is pretty strong so I assumed it could beat out all that moisture.

My hair was fine but it had me worried.
Some dcs contain protein and some do not. I have both types.

I am sure there is a thread about protein free deep condtioners.

You shouldn't use any protein conditioners if you think you are sensitive. You shouldn't use any reconstructors either.

There are different levels of protein. Don't use something too strong for the needs of your hair. And make sure to use an actual moisturizing deep conditioner after.

I think people get into to trouble when they use a treatment that is too strong for their hair needs.

Please don't forget to clarify your hair periodically. Build up can also cause breakage issues as well as dryness issues.

iVR

Organic coconut milk is a good moisturizer and a light protein for the hair.

BFeathers

I tried coconut oil years ago and it left my hair crunchy crunchy. Since then I've shyed away from coconut dominate products.