What would you pay for this style?

WantNatural

I love it! I was just thinking about getting the front, sides, and back of my hair cornrowed into a bun. This style is gorgeous!

naijamerican

:grin:UPDATE: I had the style done today

I have been looking for a braider for a couple of days in NYC to do this style.

I have now learned that it's a combo of cornrows at the front, "silky dreads" for the transition & then twists that form the bun.

I had the style done today and paid $100 for this look. It took about 2.5 hours form start to finish (hair was pre washed & conditioned).

Loose cornrows/silkydreads/two strand twists

More photos here: http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/i-am-rocking-cornro/img-0004.html

I gasped when I saw the pictures; it looks absolutely, positively STUNNING!!!! That's what I want my hair to look like! :yep::yep: Thanks very much for sharing pictures of the actual results.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
It looks gorgeous, but the prices are so expensive here in Long Island. They will probably charge 175. I refuse to pay that much for a hairstyle.:nono:

robot.

Very cool! I wouldn't have had the slightest idea of where to start, but your stylist did the dang thing! And that's not such a bad price or amount of time. :yep:

naturalmanenyc

Thanks! I was pleased that she really was able to do the style. So many people claim that they can do a style (i.e., the horrid tree braids that I had done) and the results are usually not as expected.

WOW! THEY DID IT EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE PICTURE!!! LOOKS GOOD!

I am going to her again in about a month to take this down and do another style. I will probably try the curly twists next. I saw my braider doing them last week and they were sooooo cute:grin:

Pics are here of the curly twists:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=402302&highlight=

I gasped when I saw the pictures; it looks absolutely, positively STUNNING!!!! That's what I want my hair to look like! :yep::yep: Thanks very much for sharing pictures of the actual results.

To save $75 off of that price, I'd drive in to Brooklyn & pay $100.

It looks gorgeous, but the prices are so expensive here in Long Island. They will probably charge 175. I refuse to pay that much for a hairstyle.:nono:

I did not even know what it was when I found the photo. The braider told me that it was silky dreads & twists along with the cornrows. The fact that she even knew that impressed me since I was clueless.

Very cool! I wouldn't have had the slightest idea of where to start, but your stylist did the dang thing! And that's not such a bad price or amount of time. :yep:

Wow, on a Saturday. She is losing lots of business by sleeping half the day away on what is normally a busy day for most salons.

Very pretty. My braider would charge $50-$100 plus time waiting for her to arrive, Partygirl never wakes before noon.

Last edited:

Transformer

I'm amazed at how close they were able to duplicate the style. Braiders in the NY area are much cheaper than the Wash Metro area.

Leeda.the.Paladin

They did a good job!! It looks too pretty! When I learn to cornrow, and my hair gets longer i'd love to try this. You'll have to keep us updated on how long it lasts.

naturalmanenyc

I am so happy that she was able to duplicate the style. I did not want to travel to CT to have it done, although I am sometimes in CT for work and did consider calling Twists & Curves salon.

I'm amazed at how close they were able to duplicate the style. Braiders in the NY area are much cheaper than the Wash Metro area.

I took lots of photos and plan to take at least 2 photos each week (front & back) to show how long the style will last before it just must come down.

They did a good job!! It looks too pretty! When I learn to cornrow, and my hair gets longer i'd love to try this. You'll have to keep us updated on how long it lasts.

naturalmanenyc

I am awful at updating threads.

This style lasted for 20 days before I took it down.
My camera was broken so these are cell phone shots.

Day 20 photos:

silenttullip

I'd pay nothing over 70 not including the hair... Now if she comes to ur home that's factoring in gas so I get it. It looks lovely wish I could leave a style in for 20 days