Whatever happened to using plain ol shampoo and conditioner?

Seamonster

lmao if you know ladies who let crawfish near their hair let alone scalp ....
someone hit me with the white doll saying lawd gif

My bad, I gave up the jabalaya crawfish extract horse conditioner, now I only place pure athletes foot cream, mixed with African murumurukombukutsu :lick:butter. Once you get used to smelling like toes, your stuff be swanging :grin::lachen::drunk:

BeautyGoesDutch

All you ladies are wrong, with these regimens it's to much protein and sodium. Its all about the Toffee milk of magnesia Dumm Bar Bar Ethiopian Soap. I can give you ladies the e-mail address but beware of fakes.

LynnieB

:rofl:
I laughed out loud.

But you're getting it wrong....I WOULD NEVAH PUT HEAT TO MAH DELICATE ANGEL STRANDS. :naughty: nuh-uh....I let it air-dry for a two week minimum period. after that my UE Cherub-bottom gloves have come in the mail, and I can proceed to take it down, saturate with breast milk, and do my fully armored/chain mailed protective style.
hmph.

OMG I missed it!!

See the regimens are too long and complicated!!

SuchaLady

Ooops I was supposed to answer. I just wash and DC once a week, add a leave in, then put it in a pony. Me and my hair cool and all but I aint trying to spend a fourth of my day fooling up with it.

empressri

Keeping it simple is cool...but when I learned a few more tricks of the trade my hair really thrived and grew down to my hips.

It never did that before! I'ma keep on trucking on...

curlyninjagirl

I agree bellebebe, Keeping it simple is nice,I think sometimes so ladies do take it to far with the reggies. I use to think some were seeing who could have the longest regimen :lol: Some take it to far for Example....

Example:
Pre Poo with Honey,milk,and Satin Silk Cotton Amino Acid
Wash With Aloe honey tar shampoo
Condish with Oatmeal Sulfer mix
Oil Rinse with just a simple oil that I found it is ''Olive Cucumber Emu Grape Oil'' You can find it at any health food store or OCEG for Short :lachen:
Then I use my leave in I put Protein spray on the back of my hair, Aphogee on the right,olive on the left and then I put sugar on the middle (The sugar made my hairsoooo silky........:ohwell:
After all of this I blow dry with my ''Like Air Drying'' blow dryer that I got at sallys
I start to flat Iron with my Chi on my front, Hana Elite on the right, GoldNHot on the left,Then I blowdry flat iron my hair.
So now that my hair is silky I take my HMKBBQ Oil (Honey,Mustard, Keratin,and Barbecue Sauce'' :lick::lick: for my hair and seal my hair.I got mine at walgreens.
I wrap it with my butter and shrimp clips that I got from the BSS.
Wrap it in my ''Not gonna break my Natural hair keep it nice'' head wrap.
And go to sleep It really is simple.

I could go on and on and on :lachen: but I think you guys get the point now. Just give me some Pantene,Aphogee or Kera Care and I'm good, but thats just me. Not knocking ladies that do this just having fun.

Items not included: Unicorn tears and baby vom....

Last edited:

BEAUTYU2U

Yeah, I use shampoo, conditioner, and BRBC/AOHC. It cuts down my need for leave-in, moisturizer, and sealant.

Sent from my VM670 using VM670

Curlykale

I believe in the kind of simplicity that results from difficult experiments :grin:

I want to use 2 things but I need to make sure that those 2 are the best for me among 67.897. lol

lesedi

All is well with me
I consider my regimen simple but I do mix up the ingredients in my homemade dc cocktails,pomades etc and I love trying new oils. If i was to shampoo and condition without dc'ing, my hair would be the same dry, thin mess it was before I discovered this site.

tru4reele

I am an advocate of keeping it simple. I just don't have the time and money for all those extra products and oils and butters and masks...Kera Care shampoo, conditioner, leave-in and Softee grease for my twists and slick downs.

discodumpling

And the moral of this thread is:

DO YOU! What works for me may or may NOT work for you. Feel free to take any part of anybody's reggie and work it into your own...something magical might happen to your hair!

candy626

Product wise I think I'm using shampoo, conditioner, Lustrasilk cholesterol, and jojoba oil for the most part

Though I have a slew of other products lying around that I may use from time to time, I find that sticking with the basics works best. Using a whole bunch of products just doesn't work for my fine hair as build up happens easily.

What I have learned is to use products differently by paying attention to moisture/protein balance in my hair.

Your Cheeziness

L.O.L.

I agree with both sides. Keeping it simple is something I strive for. My regimen is simple enough for me. I don't mix products and make my own stuff because I'mlazy and my hair hates natural based products. So, I take my sulfates, mineral oil, cones, and heat and make it do what it do!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Thats What I Went Back To Wash, Condition, Leave-In Conditioner, Oil Sometimes, And Grease Every Night. My Hair Is Doing Much Better.

There Was A Memeber Here Who Grew Her Hair To Waist Length By Shampooing Every Night. Does Anyone Remember Her?

Wow. Every night????? details pleeze

There Really Isn't No Details I Shampoo Once With A Moisturizing Shampoo (Cheap One At That) And Regular Conditioner (To Detangle In The Shower). After I Get Out The Shower I'll Apply A Leave In Or Oil And Grease My Ends Then I Bun. Thats It.

In High School That Was My Regimen And My Hair Thrived.]

RarityFluttershy - I think MsLi@512 was asking who was the member who grew her hair to waist length by shampooing every night... are you saying that YOU are that member who achieved waist length hair by shampooing nightly? :confused:

RarityFluttershy

@RarityFluttershy - I think @MsLi@512 was asking who was the member who grew her hair to waist length by shampooing every night... are you saying that YOU are that member who achieved waist length hair by shampooing nightly? :confused:
Poohbear
Ummm. NOOOO!
I Brought Her Up Because I Want To Read Her Old Posts. I Think She Said She Used Dove Products I Can't Remember Because It Was A Couple Of Years Ago. And If You Read My Other Posts You'll Find I Just Cut My Hair To Chin Length.

And If It Was Me I Would Come Out And Say It.:confused:
Y'all Sure Do Read Into Posts.:lol:
.....But Yeah If You Know Who I'm Speaking Of Please Kindly Tell Me Her Username.:look:

Also MsLi@512 Did Not Specify If She Wanted Details About My Regimen Or The Member I Spoke About. Obviously I Cannot Speak On Other Memeber Because I Vaguely Remember All The Details. But I Do Remeber She Used Dove Shampoo And Conditioner.

Ozma

I agree that KISS means vastly different things for different heads. My mother thinks I do too much, but my haircare regimen is basically 5 ingredients: henna, water, clay, castor oil and shea butter (with some other ingredients like essential oils)