Whatever happened to using plain ol shampoo and conditioner?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Sorry about that RarityFluttershy. I did not read your other posts. I am the type of person that reads into things and can be quite analytical... :dork: :lol:

But anyway, I think I found who you were talking about! :grin:

Was it mermaid? She wasn't WL but check out these two links:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=1377439#post1377439

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=1378114#post1378114

Poohbear
Ummm. NOOOO!
I Brought Her Up Because I Want To Read Her Old Posts. I Think She Said She Used Dove Products I Can't Remember Because It Was A Couple Of Years Ago. And If You Read My Other Posts You'll Find I Just Cut My Hair To Chin Length.

And If It Was Me I Would Come Out And Say It.:confused:
Y'all Sure Do Read Into Posts.:lol:
.....But Yeah If You Know Who I'm Speaking Of Please Kindly Tell Me Her Username.:look:

Also MsLi@512 Did Not Specify If She Wanted Details About My Regimen Or The Member I Spoke About. Obviously I Cannot Speak On Other Memeber Because I Vaguely Remember All The Details. But I Do Remeber She Used Dove Shampoo And Conditioner.

Last edited:

RarityFluttershy

Sorry about that @RarityFluttershy. I did not read your other posts. I am the type of person that reads into things and can be quite analytical... :dork: :lol:

But anyway, I think I found who you were talking about! :grin:

Was it mermaid? She wasn't WL but check out these two links:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=1377439#post1377439

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=1378114#post1378114

I Remember Mermaid But For Some Reason I Don't Think It Was Her. The Member I'm Talking About Was In Love With Dove Hair Care Products And She Started Using Them When They First Came Out.

Don't Worry About How You Read Into My Post.:kiss:
I Tend To Look At Things Side Ways Then Everything Kinda Makes Sense.:lol:

MsLi@512

RarityFluttershy - I think MsLi@512 was asking who was the member who grew her hair to waist length by shampooing every night... are you saying that YOU are that member who achieved waist length hair by shampooing nightly? :confused:

Just saw this. Poohbear thanks for clarifying this. This is exactly what I meant. So I was a bit confused.:spinning: but I'm all caught up now. wonder who this person was who used simple reggie to WL. I'll just stay tuned I guess.

Last edited:

MsLi@512

It's all subjective. My reggie seems pretty simple to me, But it's more than I was doing pre hhj with chronically chin length broken hair. On the other hand, it may be a lot to someone else. But what I have been doing is so necessary for my hair and my hair is thriving. So like someone else said- Do what ever is working for you, your hair and your lifestyle.

BeautyGoesDutch

You Ladies are funny OMG my stomach is hurting. :worship2: I bow down to you lol. You guys thought of some stuff that I didn't even think of. Really tho if you keep it simple with the right products your hair will be great.

DaiseeDay

There Really Isn't No Details I Shampoo Once With A Moisturizing Shampoo (Cheap One At That) And Regular Conditioner (To Detangle In The Shower). After I Get Out The Shower I'll Apply A Leave In Or Oil And Grease My Ends Then I Bun. Thats It.

In High School That Was My Regimen And My Hair Thrived.

What moisturizing shampoo do you use? I've been trying to find one that isn't expensive

loved

I miss the old days of my simple regimen that consisted primarily of drugstore & grocery store products.

The old creme of nature
(has anyone found a shampoo with the detangling properties of the old CON?)
cholesterol or Motions conditioner
industrial heavy mayo as a treatment
grease and/or oil & maybe some type of hair lotion

springy_curly

I agree you can grow your hair with KISS. As long has there is more hair growing out of your head than what is being removed through wear and tear and trimming each month, you're going to see growth.

I think the reason we go through these extra steps is because we are trying to reach our full potential growth. Which makes sense since most of us found LHCF because we had damaged, dry,and/ or thin hair, so we're trying to catch up to where our hair would have been had we known how to take care of it from day 1.

Also I really don't mind doing a lot of the extra steps I enjoy playing in my hair and it gives me a way to pamper myself that's cheaper than a spa visit.

I'm going to get off my soap box now and let the shenanigans continue. You ladies are funny!

Last edited: