Whatever happened to...

Rei

Whatever happened to all of those other growth aides? BT, that other horse one, the name is escaping me atm, there were a bunch of them. It just seems like every season everyone forgets about the old ones and starts talking nonstop about new ones (OCT, MT, etc), and everyone gets huge amounts of growth and then the next season there will be a new one (oil from a unicorn's horn or something) and everyone will forget those ones again!

All I want to know is should I toss out this BT or what.

it made my hair thicker rather than longer anyway, which is great for some but my hair already is too thick, just short lol.

bravenewgirl87

Whatever happened to all of those other growth aides? BT, that other horse one, the name is escaping me atm, there were a bunch of them. It just seems like every season everyone forgets about the old ones and starts talking nonstop about new ones (OCT, MT, etc), and everyone gets huge amounts of growth and then the next season there will be a new one (oil from a unicorn's horn or something) and everyone will forget those ones again!

All I want to know is should I toss out this BT or what.

it made my hair thicker rather than longer anyway, which is great for some but my hair already is too thick, just short lol.

BT still works. I like the grease. LR still works too. I just have a hard time keeping up with them.

Neith

I'm sure people still use BT, MN, MTG and all the oldies.

Betcha that quite a few of your out there STILL have 20 bottles of surge stockpiled somewhere :lol:

It's just that when something is new there is A LOT of discussion on it.

I remember when I was just a wee little lurker and LUST was all the rage. WGO was very popular. Garnier Deep Conditioner was also REALLY popular and the smoothing milk had a little spike of popularity too. I was also here for surge. Also, I remember DDTA.

(Does anyone remember those? :lol:)

No one ever talks about these things, it's the natural ebb and flow of the board.

If BT works for you, don't stop using it!

j'adore

I'm sticking to my BT balm cuz it works. No more bandwagons!

Seems like there's always something new and better for growth. My mom came home yesterday with a satin night cap that's got something in it that supposedly helps your hair grow in 6 wks. :ohwell: I was about to say something til I remembered that I put yeast infection hoo-hoo cream on my head at one point in time!! :look:

Lexib

I tried 3 different growth aides, including the ones you mentioned before starng MT. MT is the only one that gave me noticeable growth quick enough to satisfy my short attention span (started feeling new curly qs within the first 3 days :blush::grin:). I'm sure all of the other aides work just fine...and I still have near full bottles of some of them...but I never gave em a long enough chance. :ohwell:

As the other poster said, stick with what works for *you*, regardless of what the new trend is.

Opalsunset

I got on a few bandwagons but the one thing that has helped my hair tremendously has been BT, I have been using it for a year and It's working wonders for my hair. I am very careful now about what I start using on my hair from my past experiences, so I would recommend sticking to what works for you.

lilsparkle825

first bandwagon i have been on...and i loveeeee it...

but MTG and MN never were my thing, i refuse to put anything that smells like bacon in my hair, and i will let the people who NEED (cough) the MN have it.

hothair

We were talking about this the other day with my sis, she still uses her surge and MN, I finished my BT, MTG and MN and right along came the MT so:look: to be fair I use it more frequently cause its non-greasy/smelly.

JustKiya

I started using Lenzi's Request, but it was too heavy for my scalp. I couldn't stand the smell of MTG, and MN was a lil too rich for my blood.....

Nice & Wavy

I have two bottles of DDTA.....:look:

BT is great product and so is Lenzi Request. I love OCT and MT because of the ease of use and the smell...love the way it smells.:yep: And, although those products are great, OCT/MT has given me the results I have been looking for for a long time.

I'm sure people still use BT, MN, MTG and all the oldies.

Betcha that quite a few of your out there STILL have 20 bottles of surge stockpiled somewhere :lol:

It's just that when something is new there is A LOT of discussion on it.

I remember when I was just a wee little lurker and LUST was all the rage. WGO was very popular. Garnier Deep Conditioner was also REALLY popular and the smoothing milk had a little spike of popularity too. I was also here for surge. Also, I remember DDTA.

(Does anyone remember those? :lol:)

No one ever talks about these things, it's the natural ebb and flow of the board.

If BT works for you, don't stop using it!

MzOptimistic

I use MT but I use my BT MORE. BT helped me get to the length I am now so I can't completely abandon it. I have MT and I use it occassionally but I use BT more. I purchased MT because I'm super greedy:lachen: but I think I'm going to stick with BT because it works for me. I will use MT mostly for protein treatments. I have to admit I love my {{{BT}}}:grin:

MzOptimistic

I have two bottles of DDTA.....:look:

BT is great product and so is Lenzi Request. I love OCT and MT because of the ease of use and the smell...love the way it smells.:yep: And, although those products are great, OCT/MT has given me the results I have been looking for for a long time.

See that's the thing with MT. It's hard for me to use because I wear my hair up 24/7 and it's hard for me to apply MT. Now with BT all I have to do is apply to my scalp and I don't even have to manipulate my hair. MT is good stuff. I do see growth but BT gives me excellent growth also and it's very easy for me to use:grin: