What's a "Simple Regimen" in Your Opinion?

Str8~Curly

I think my regimen is a simple as it gets, although I’m just trying it out. I don’t count my supplements really because I was always a vitamin junkie before this journey.
I just co-wash With V05 Kiwi and Lime Clarifying Conditioner 1-2 times a week and put a little coconut oil on my hair afterwards. I’ll add a deep conditioner if I feel the need in the future but I shouldn’t need it b/c I’m natural, I always air dry, I don’t do damaging things to my hair, and don’t use direct heat. I suppose I will flat iron for a special occasion or something.
To me, simple means not a whole lot of products and the minimal handling of the hair.

shelli4018

I've been experimenting with the simplest of regimens: wash, deep condition w/evoo and honey, leave-in then put my hair in a bun. So far my hair really likes it. It stays fluffy and soft. Even my ends (which usually give me problems) are happy.

I'm not one to have a complicated regimen that takes 2 days to complete (LOL). Our hair can't be THAT high maintenance. I believe It'll grow just fine with great care and good products.

shunta

LocksOfLuV said:
Is anyone else getting their rocks off reading these reggies?:lol: I don't know why but I love reading reggies.:look:

Girl you and me both! I could sit and read reggies all day:lol:

Locks, you think you slick. You just wanted people to post their reggies so you sit and get your high off reading them!:lol:

Last edited:

LocksOfLuV

shunta said:
Girl you and me both! I could sit and read reggies all day:lol:

Locks, you think you slick. You just wanted people to post their reggies so you sit and get your high off reading them!:lol:

:lachen: :lachen: I love it!!

audacity.

good question....

i (probably like everyone else) think my regimen is simple...

weekly prepoo, wash, dc, leave-in(s), air dry

nightly moisture/seal baggy (whole head)

i am still trying to figure out how people only comb their hair only once per week!!!

but someone earlier said it best, the simplest WOULD be to go to the salon

Str8~Curly

Just found out my hair really doesn’t want any coconut oil either. For now, then, I’m down to one product.

Sar-I said:
I think my regimen is a simple as it gets, although I’m just trying it out. I don’t count my supplements really because I was always a vitamin junkie before this journey.
I just co-wash With V05 Kiwi and Lime Clarifying Conditioner 1-2 times a week and put a little coconut oil on my hair afterwards. I’ll add a deep conditioner if I feel the need in the future but I shouldn’t need it b/c I’m natural, I always air dry, I don’t do damaging things to my hair, and don’t use direct heat. I suppose I will flat iron for a special occasion or something.
To me, simple means not a whole lot of products and the minimal handling of the hair.

Ayeshia

wash, condition, deep condition occasionally, motisturize (if needed)...repeat.

One I see regi's over 3 sentences long I dont read anymore unless Im extremely interested.

Syrah

Simple regimen to me is shampoo, condition, leave in and style (either set or wash and go).

Do I have a simple regimen? I'm working on it. But I'm a curly girl so I've gotten my routine literally down to:
Shampoo with No-Poo (DevaCurl by Deva Concepts)
Condition with OneCondition (DevaCurl by Deva Concepts)
Moisturize with Leave In (Rusk: Calming)
Tame with Curly Pudding
Finish with Oil Sheen Spray (when I remember)

And I'm out the door. The longest part of my regimen is the detangling part while i'm in the shower (yuck!).

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
Cichelle said:
This is a good question because there are a lot of ways a regimen could be simple...or not. I say my regimen is simple because these days, and for a great deal of the last two years, I haven't done much to my hair. I could get by with a cheap conditioner, a shampoo and a natural butter. I very rarely deep condition. I literally co wash, detangle, put in hemp seed or avocado butter and put my hair up with a clip. I haven't even been using a towel lately because the one I have for my hair is getting too small. Plus I used to hang my hair upside down to wrap the towel around my head and well, Locks, you know my issue with tangles. I don't want to do that anymore.

But let me say, when I am in the shower doing the above, I begin to notice how much time this simple little regimen is taking me as my hair gets longer. And it suddenly doesn't seem so simple anymore. :lol:

If I could do what I do in half the time, it'd be a lot simpler.

I love your hair. I cant wait until I get that much length. It will be at least 2 years. *sigh*

I cw almost daily and use gel/leave in or both to smooth it back into a puff. I havent been taking any vitamins, other than vitamin A because that helps with other issues I'm having. I need to go back to using a little oil. I have some I added some stuff to.

ETA: I plan on doing a henna/alma treatment today. I have it all mixed up but I have some errands outside the house yet to do. What ever is left over I will mix with conditioner and add to an empty bottle for mini treatments.

silvergirl

i def keep it simple.
i just condition, detangle then airdry.
thats it. nothing else.

my hair loves me for it. its been growing like a weed since a started this "routine"

Lusa

Shampoo/Clarify, Deep Condition, Rinse, Leave-in, Style. That process for me only involves a handful of products and not an entire chest full of different stuff. I know what works and I am sticking to it. :)

SandySea

bmoreflyygirl said:
Mines is pretty simple. I wash, dc and airdry once a week no matter what style I'm wearing.

First, bmoreflyygirl, your natural hair is beautiful.

My regimen is very simple. Wash weekly and follow with either reconstructor, ORS hair mayo, or moisturizing cond (eg. Keracare Humecto) depending on what my hair needs. Follow with leave-in and rollerset or blowdry after drip dry under hard hood dryer (I know, bad girl). I also do a mid-week CW, usually with Africa's best hair mayo or whatever conditioner I want to use up. I only CW when I'm working out a lot. I'm keeping it simple because I have been getting virtually no breakage since trimming and not getting my hair relaxed bone straight anymore.

br0wney3z

I finally think I have found a regimen that not only works for me, but I consider very simple. I co-wash mid week with coconut milk/oil, honey and cheap condish. Wash and DC once a week, airdry with ponytail/scarf method. Only comb on wash days, and phony pony or bun during the week. Oh and I moisturize daily and full-head baggie at night and seal with coconut oil.

LovelyLionessa

I was just thinking today about simplifiying my regimen by eliminating pre-pooing. :look: Simple for me would be shampoo, condition, and applying leave-in. However, my reggie hasn't been that simple. Lately, after shampooing and detangling with conditioner I proceed with deep conditioning and rollersetting. Plus I have been pre-pooing like mad, out of habit and to use up these dag nabit conditioners. :perplexed

P.S. I agree with the other ladies, I love reading reggies too! ;)

LocksOfLuV

Priestess said:
I was just thinking today about simplifiying my regimen by eliminating pre-pooing. :look: Simple for me would be shampoo, condition, and applying leave-in. However, my reggie hasn't been that simple. Lately, after shampooing and detangling with conditioner I proceed with deep conditioning and rollersetting. Plus I have been pre-pooing like mad, out of habit and to use up these dag nabit conditioners. :perplexed

P.S. I agree with the other ladies, I love reading reggies too! ;)

I LOVE pre-pooing (especially with cholesterols). That is my favorite part of my reggie!:lol:

Have you you tried skipping the pre-poo? How did it work for you?

Ayeshia

maybe I should consider prpooing to get rid of some of these damn products......i have 3 jars of lustrasilk choesterol chilling in my closet.

pink_flower

Ayeshia said:
maybe I should consider prpooing to get rid of some of these damn products......i have 3 jars of lustrasilk choesterol chilling in my closet.

Yep, that is the only time I pre poo is when I'm trying to get rid of junk.

Anyways mines simple: Once a week I wash, dc and rollerset.

Last edited:

wadadligyal

My regi is pretty simple
Wash and deep condition once a week part hair in desired style for that week
Tie hair with scarf with back hanging then cover with bonnet (Thanks Sylver2)
Use my leave in cond and oil twice a day

That's about it, I don't use too many products and I leave my hair alone and only comb on wash days. My growth is slow and steady but i'm avoiding PJism by making everything minimal and simple

LocksOfLuV

Ayeshia said:

Girl go for it.

I don't think pre-pooing makes a reggie complicated. Not at all. But that's just me.

Pre-pooin is the shyt!

secretdiamond

I've never pre-pooed.

I have some Hello Hydration that I don't want anymore. Will it be okay to pre-poo with it if it has so many cones?

LocksOfLuV

secretdiamond said:
I've never pre-pooed.

I have some Hello Hydration that I don't want anymore. Will it be okay to pre-poo with it if it has so many cones?

I can't say, because we all know the "works for some, may not for others" clause. Only thing youc an do is try it girl. You may like it!

Cichelle

Enchantmt said:
I love your hair. I cant wait until I get that much length. It will be at least 2 years. *sigh*

I cw almost daily and use gel/leave in or both to smooth it back into a puff. I havent been taking any vitamins, other than vitamin A because that helps with other issues I'm having. I need to go back to using a little oil. I have some I added some stuff to.

ETA: I plan on doing a henna/alma treatment today. I have it all mixed up but I have some errands outside the house yet to do. What ever is left over I will mix with conditioner and add to an empty bottle for mini treatments.

Thank you!

How did your henna treatment go?

Which reminds me, btw...I said I could get by with just a conditioner, shampoo and a natural butter and I really should add henna to the list. From experience I have found that henna can be simple or complicated. I like to keep it VERY simple.

LovelyLionessa

LocksOfLuV said:
I LOVE pre-pooing (especially with cholesterols). That is my favorite part of my reggie!:lol:

Have you you tried skipping the pre-poo? How did it work for you?

I know, I hear ya. There is something decidely decadent about lavishing conditioner on dry hair, only to wash it out. :lol: I love LeKair on dry hair.

I have a little more conditioner to finish up. Probably in a week or so I will be ready to begin experimenting going pre-pooless. :D

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
Cichelle said:
Thank you!

How did your henna treatment go?

Which reminds me, btw...I said I could get by with just a conditioner, shampoo and a natural butter and I really should add henna to the list. From experience I have found that henna can be simple or complicated. I like to keep it VERY simple.

I think it was my best one yet! I dont know if it was the henna I used or the fact that I got busy Monday so it sat a day and a half, but this mix was very smooth, It went in almost like pudding, no mess at all. I used this henna mix that already has amla and shikakai, added rose powder, more alma and more shikakai and mixed with just water. My hair is so soft. I added some fruit pectin right before I applied it. I left it in over night. I didnt shampoo it out. I just rinsed well and cw 3x, then I put a leave in and gel in it to pull it back into a pony puff.

This is the henna I used: Henna