what's an all natural progressive relaxer?

naturallygoldie

Ok so I've been transitioning now for a little over 18 months and one of my homies became a rep for this company http://www.mybautesofficicapelli.com/ProductLines/sofficirelaxingkit.html.

I was going through the site (picking out samples:bookworm:) when I stumbled across this: All natural deep conditioning progressive relaxer chemical free penetrates through the hair cuticle to nourish and relax curls. Excellent for hair that has not been chemically processed it relaxes the hair and controls frizz. Can be used between periods of chemically relaxing your hair it will maintain your relaxer longer and moisturize your hair. Attention this is not a permanent relaxer.

Has anyone ever heard or used something similar to this?? So far my transition/stretch has been going ok but will this make it so i don't need to flatiron after my rollersets???:rolleyes: hmmmm

PS I sent a request for the list of ingredients.

I know it says all natural, but for some reason this reminds me of a BKT. I wish they at least had the instructions for use up there.

I sent an email to them requesting the ingredients in the "relaxer" as well as some of their other products. I also asked my friend for them

so far this is the info i've got on the rest of their stuff:

Shampoo:ether lauryl sulfate,citric acid,sodium choliride, distilled water, fragrance, bronidox l, rice protein, vitamin E, euperlan 4000

conditioner: water, propilen glycol, perfume, metyl paraben, propyl paraben,amino acids, pathenol, vitamin E, vitamin A, citric acid, poliwax, cetil alcohol, petrolatum, cetiol HE

deep condtioner:water, centrimonium cholride, cyclomenthicone, propylene glycol, perfume, profumo, lanolin, citric acid, tocopherly, acettate edta, guar hydroxpropyltrimonium, chioride, alcohol cetearilivo y peg-3 distearoilamido-etilhonium

leave in: distilled water, vitamin E, collagen, silicone 556, germall plus, rice protein, fragrance, sun protector (uv), citric acid

why are they holding out on the relaxer? :ohwell:dont they know that they could get some potential customers?!

This is very interesting. I just read the testimonials of women who have used this product and they are all from Florida, which means a lot if this product can help reverting in Florida Humidity!

finally here it is:

NATURAL PROGRESSIVE RELAXER

Conditioning cream for dry and treated hair. Give hair volume and shine.

DIRECTIONS: for a intensive treatment, massage gently and rinse
out after 15 minutes.

INGREDIENTES: Water, centrimonium choride,
cyclomenthicone
Propylene glycol, perfume, lanolin, Citic Acid, Tocopheryl,
Alcohol Acetate edta, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimoniom, chioride

I gave the rep our site info so hopefully she'll come around to answer all your questions. She seems very nice :yep:

Last edited:
sounds a lot like that stupid bodiphier i tried back in '06.
you know what, i take back the "stupid" part. i was hoping for actually straight hair, but all it really did was soften my texture. imagine the texture you have when it's dry behaving like it does when damp. hope that makes sense.
if you want to keep some texture, it's cool, but i thought it was an actual relaxer alternative

sounds a lot like that stupid bodiphier i tried back in '06.
you know what, i take back the "stupid" part. i was hoping for actually straight hair, but all it really did was soften my texture. imagine the texture you have when it's dry behaving like it does when damp. hope that makes sense.
if you want to keep some texture, it's cool, but i thought it was an actual relaxer alternative

that does make sense..thanks so much

finally here it is:

NATURAL PROGRESSIVE RELAXER

Conditioning cream for dry and treated hair. Give hair volume and shine.

DIRECTIONS: for a intensive treatment, massage gently and rinse
out after 15 minutes.

INGREDIENTES: Water, centrimonium choride,
cyclomenthicone
Propylene glycol, perfume, lanolin, Citic Acid, Tocopheryl,
Alcohol Acetate edta, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimoniom, chioride

I gave the rep our site info so hopefully she'll come around to answer all your questions. She seems very nice :yep:

i dont know how i feel about the ingredients. they seem like a regular conditioner ingredients no?:ohwell:

whats in the regular relaxer?

I looked up the Guar blah blah blah, I think it is the main ingredient that makes the hair easier to comb but I didn't see anything about prolonged usage. I'd rather do a coconut relaxer first before using this "natural relaxer" which has little natural ingredient in it. JMHO

I agree with Napp, it's just a regular con with loads of slip :shrug:

Back