What's going on with Oprah's hair right now??

blackbarbie

I am looking at Oprah and she has a ponytail right now and she looks as it she could have done a little more to it to make it appealing or is it just me?

It's just that her edges are looking a little rough (I don't have room to talk right now, but we are talking about the "BIG O" here!!!)

I suppose we are all (even Oprah) are entitled to our bad hair days every once in a while, but it's just that her hair isn't even laying down, like her NG underneath is screaming for a perm right now!:lol:

secretdiamond

Yeah, I've never once seen her with smooth edges and she always looks like she has significant newgrowth no matter what the style. It's usually covered by her hair being worn down and the volume of it IMO.

ayoung

I noticed her edges were a little thick too. I was flipping the channel and saw her hair back in a ponytail and had to check it out!

I liked it---very laid back but really cute. I also liked her hair w/ some 'texture'

MizaniMami

Maybe she doesn't get relaxer, maybe she just hot combs the roots...

Anyone have a pic, I am at work and I am DYING to see it???

What's so wrong with a little newgrowth showing anyway:nuts:
She's human, who happens to be a 4a or b lol. We all can't have stick straight roots all the time.

MizaniMami

Okay I just saw it, ya'll she look nice to me!

It doesn't look puffy at all, just thick,like her hair isn't plastered to her head.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I saw that. I had never seen her hair in a ponytail. Maybe she is stretching or laying off the chemicals for a while because I heard that not long ago she got a bad relaxer and her hair got damaged.......or maybe Andre's on vacation.

blackbarbie

It's just that of all the different styles I have seen, I have NEVER (to my knowledge) seen a ponytail (a poofy one at that)................

My absolute best look on her is the curly wash and go look. I so wish I could get my hair to do that - with all the volume and the curls going on!

carolina_belle

It looked nice today. Kind of different, but styled. The only other time I've seen her rock a ponytail was during Hurricane Katrina and it had no product and lots of new growth.

deborah11

Oprah has some seriously beautiful hair. I love it and the various styles that she wears it in. I personally see no need for her hair to be bone straight. She has never had bone straight hair and I think that textured hair is just as beautiful as straight hair, it is just a matter of preference. I remember a few months ago when Oprah got her hair relaxed and blown dry in a more straight style, the American public went crazy because they prefer her hair textured and big.

neonbright

I remember watching a show and she just received a fresh touch-up and her hair was flat. She was explaining to someone in the audience that she just got a touch-up and it doesn't has much body, so I do believe she streches because it looks better.

BamaBelle

I also liked Oprah's ponytail. I recall reading/hearing several sources that point to the fact that she does not relax anymore (hince the braids she rocked one Summer and the weave the following Fall a few years back): I was under the impression that she used a hotcomb. I could be wrong, as I often am. At any rate, it was simple, classic and appeared healthy... And that's the name of the game for us all, isn't it? The "Healthy-Head-Of-Hair Game!"