What's going on with your hair right now?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I'm loving my hair at the moment :grin: Just relaxed after a 17 week stretch (my longest stretch to date) with Silk Elements Olive Oil Relaxer (love it!) and my hair is fabulous! It's so tamable and soft. I can comb it with ease, my edges are smooth and I'm losing minimal hair :woot:

What's going on with your hair?

KAT25

I'm loving my hair at the moment :grin: Just relaxed after a 17 week stretch (my longest stretch to date) with Silk Elements Olive Oil Relaxer (love it!) and my hair is fabulous! It's so tamable and soft. I can comb it with ease, my edges are smooth and I'm losing minimal hair :woot:

What's going on with your hair?

OT: Tiffers just checked out your pic and your hair is beautiful!! It does look BSB to me, what is regime?

gymfreak336

Me and my hair are fighting right now. I am at a loss to as what happened to it espeically since it isn't breaking and I don't have split ends.

At the advice of some ladies in the thread I started about my issues, I tried using some baking soda last night and it seemed to really help. It is responding to products better but it still is flat and limp. Still not holding a curl at all. I am just going to keep conditioning it and bun it. If it doesn't get better before the end of the year, then I am just going to cut it all off.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
My hair is doing great! It's super easy to detangle, the curls are mega boingy, it's properly moisturized and the strands are fortified with the right amount of protein. I'm lovin' my tresses right now ... thanks for asking. :grin:

Oh ... and I'm glad to see your hair is doing so well too, Tiff. It's gorgeous and your progress has been amazing.

silkii_locks

I've been kinda going back and forth with my hair lately. One day I love it the next I just don't know. It's growing just fine, but I'm still getting a lot of breakage and split ends in the front and nape area and I had to cut it yesterday because of it. So I'm really just gonna have to go into extreme nurture mode for a awhile.

hairdrama:{

I love my hair as well; just get a little anxious every time I think of my bone straight ends and wanna cut them off :perplexed; other than that I’m pretty happy I’ll get to claim my 2nd goal by next month :grin:.

tiffers

Thanks KAT! :grin: I don't think it's BSB yet (or maybe it's my extreme hair anorexia that has me thinking that I'm not :confused: )

Right now, I wash 3 times a week. My reggie is:

Pre poo with amla oil for a few hours

Poo with whatever poo I have in the house. Right now it's Elasta QP Conditioning poo. When I run out, it's back to NTM :yep:

DC with whatever conditioner I feel like using at the moment. Right now, I'm switching between Kenra MC and Loreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture

Saturate hair in Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 Miracle Worker and seal with a serum. Then bun it up

Daily, I take the bun down, saturate it in Hawaiian Silky and bun it back up. My hair stays damp, and my ends are loving the constant moisture :drunk:

chebaby

i love straight hair but for some reason now when i flat iron my hair it looks and sometimes feels so dry. so im back to co washing everyday to every other day. im loving it. and im happy to report that my last relaxer was about 5 weeks ago and i think i have an inch of new growth. my hair grows slow so thats good for me. i think my hair will love a break from the flat iron and my ends will love it too.

poookie

i re-touched my color rinse, and it's a bit too bright. can't wait for all this red to go away, so i can re-embrace my brownness!! :lol:

Determined22

My hair is screaming for relaxer right now. I won't have time until Friday.

I haven't had too much breakage during this stretch, mostly because I've just left it alone. I can't wait to relax though, I've lasted as long as I could.

KPH

House Head
i have enough hair to clip i up in cute twistie things now (when i joined my back was shaved and i had that graduated bob thang going on). my hair is full shoulder length and these flintstone vitamins seem to be giving it a kick/push.

Patricia

Right about now I'm loving my hair! Just relaxed yesterday with old school precise no lye relaxer. Silky smooth and loving the results. Trying not to update my fotki until nov but its going to be hard.

tiffers

Aaaw, gymmie :needhug: I just saw that thread. I was gonna recommend you chelate, but I saw you've already done that a few times....

Maybe if your tried using a medium protein like Aphogee 2 Min once a week for a few weeks, the problem will go away :perplexed Do you think your hair may be slightly overconditioned?

Spongie Bloom

well im loving my hair at the moment im 6 weeks post i have wuite a bit of curlies n i like em although i must say i have discovered the flat iron n im a bit ashamed to say i may get addicted lo ive done it 3 times in 6 weeks lol!! *hangs head in shame* but i hennaed last week and it looks good but i wanna hendigo tomorrow cant wait

tiffers

Thaaaank you, Tara!!! :spinning:

I see you did the bc! Congratulations! Your hair is just so gorgeous! I wanna pull a curl and watch it bounce back :lol:

gymfreak336

Aaaw, gymmie :needhug: I just saw that thread. I was gonna recommend you chelate, but I saw you've already done that a few times....

Maybe if your tried using a medium protein like Aphogee 2 Min once a week for a few weeks, the problem will go away :perplexed Do you think your hair may be slightly overconditioned?

Thanks Tiffers. I am really at a loss but I since the baking soda thing did something I am going to keep at it for a while. I was actually thinking about getting that aphogee since it helps remove mineral deposits too. I don't think it is overconditioned but at this point, anything is possible. I got alot of support here so I hope I can just stick with it and get through this rough patch.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I used the tea tree Hair One :wallbash: and now I'm experiencing breakage. Not alot... just little pieces here and there. While using solely WEN, oils, and rosewater w/glycerin my comb stayed clean. No hair except for 1-5 strands wet or dry. Now :nono: ............I... am a sad panda.

I just DC'ed and am airdrying with wen, water/glycerin, and cocasta oil. I have to get my grass back.

The Princess

Right now im 5 weeks post and no heat. Trying to fight my hairdreser from relaxing my hair. So im co washing abd wet bunning.

Filmatic

I'm sad sad sad. I did a Feria color and not only did the color come out dark when it wasn't suppose to be, but it also cause breakage. I'm talking globs. I was scared to wash. I did an Ion protein afterwards and that did seem to help. I have been fighting it. I was finally just at BSL and didn't want to lose my progress.

Today I did an egg conditioner and it stopped the breakage. Wooo I am so happy. I am deep conditioning now with a moisture mix. I pray that I will still be at my goal by Dec.

hurricane

Okay, I love my hair as long as it is wet.:grin: I co-wash use cantu shea butter and seal with coconut oil. The next morning it is dry and my ends are frizzy. What's up with that. Could my cotton scarf be the culprit?:wallbash:

Iluvsmuhgrass

Okay, I love my hair as long as it is wet.:grin: I co-wash use cantu shea butter and seal with coconut oil. The next morning it is dry and my ends are frizzy. What's up with that. Could my cotton scarf be the culprit?:wallbash:

Ok, now you KNOW cotton scarves are the debbil!!! Try satin or silk or even a stocking cap (lol that's ol' skool). All of those are better than cotton IMHO. :yep:

Prose Princess

Waiting on my first braidout attempt to dry. Ecstatic because my crown is starting to grow out after YEARS of being broken off to about an inch. I had to clarify and deep condition today after what I guess was a protein overload last night. I think I'm in love with the sitrinillah conditioner. I wasn't sure at first but after feeling how soft my hair was after being crunchy this morning, I don't know if I can live without it.

hurricane

Ok, now you KNOW cotton scarves are the debbil!!! Try satin or silk or even a stocking cap (lol that's ol' skool). All of those are better than cotton IMHO. :yep:

Girl you funny. Sometimes I get stuck on stupid.:lachen:I sleep on a satin pillow with my cotton scarf.:lachen:Thanks for the help. Lord, knows I need it.:grin:

lilshama86

My hair really just hates me right now... I just used the new Colorshowers and now I'm dealing with more breakage than ever... I've been DCing almost every two days and I can't keep any moisture and i feel like I'm just losing more hair by handling it too much... I just hate that I just started my hair journey and I'm already having setbacks =(

Eisani

Ummm, I don't like it. We're kinda beefed out at the moment. It's taking everything in me not to break down and texlax. I look at my hair and I'm too far gone to go back but still don't feel close enough to my goal. Add on to that the fact that I've been slowly trimming the texlaxed ends, so it doesn't seem like I'm making any progress-hate that. It feels like my hair isn't growing. And I don't wanna hear no rest period bull ish either cuz I'm not in the mood :ignore:. Ioknow. The weather is changing and my hair just seems so thirsty all the time. I'm just in blah mode right now I think.